makeupgirl1
akstubben

should kids through ages 4-8 have have a table or phone

Started: 11/19/2014 Category: Technology

makeupgirl1

Con

I don't think so my little brother has a tablet and he is only four I got my first pod on my 9 birthday. The horrible thing is that my little sister is 2 and she is always on my step moms phone.
akstubben

Pro

You spelt tablet "table." :). when I was 8 I wanted a phone but didn't get one until I was 12. 4-year-olds should have tablets for educational proposes, they have protective cases and good apps that could be used to learn. when I was 4 I have a tablet. a lot of 8-year-olds have phones for safety reasons. when I was 8 I should have had a phone because I got lost a lot and my mother never picked me up in time. It is especially important for 8-year-olds to have phones because they have a tendency to get lost, and if they need some one to pick them up from school or sports it can be very helpful. If they need help from friends on homework they can text or call them. :)
makeupgirl1

Con

Yes that is a good point but if you listen to the news ever kids could get apps that someone who was in jail and find out their address or their birthday.
akstubben

Pro

With the iPhone it is extremely hard to create an app, and they check the app though a long process. along with that you need to know your parents app store password to download a app. :)
makeupgirl1

Con

makeupgirl1 forfeited this round.
akstubben

Pro

akstubben forfeited this round.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
Are you asking whether or not children of that age should have a tablet OR a cell phone,

or

if they should be allowed to have either one?
Also,. which side of the argument are you FOR