abubv1
matthewmatt14

should marine life be kept in an aquarium

matthewmatt14
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

abubv1

Pro

yes they should because it is more safe for i from getting eaten up
matthewmatt14

Con

No it is far from safe. They need the wide open space and not to feel cramped in a glass box. Sure its cool to look at but how do you think the animals feel. The Animals get eaten but thats why their are so many of them. The animals getting eaten is not a big deal. How many fish do YOU think are in the ocean. If i were to guess, I would say over 4.5 trillion fish in the sea. I looked that up online.
abubv1

Pro

but remember that humans kills most of the marine life in dams, rivers, seas. in the sea human catch fish and kill other marine life for other reasons. Where as it cant be killed by humans in the aquarium. in the rivers and the dams same thing happens accept slightly more happens like factories they let mercury and other chemicals that can kill the marine life in the rivers and dams and in the sea oil spills from ships happens and kill billions of marine life
matthewmatt14

Con

Not all of that is true. How often does an oil spill happen. I think that animals are happier in the ocean then in the aquarium. But humans eat fish, Its just a way of life. I know that you think its not good to eat the fish, (i cant stand to eat fish) but some other people like it. I live in new fairfield and every year they stock the pond with fish so we can go fishing. That's why they stock the pond. All fish should be left in the ocean and not in an aquarium.
Posted by matthewmatt14 2 years ago
matthewmatt14
But you put LOTS of fish inside a glass box and thats not much room apart from the ocean. Even though you say that, its not true.
Posted by bettabreeder 2 years ago
bettabreeder
I am a Marine Fishkeeper and let me say that about 0.01% of our fish and corals and fish are wild caught. As marine aquarist i am questioning how you can debate such a topic. It is safe and fish don't feel crammed inside glass boxes, we have around 100's of gallon aquariums. That's from a saltwater keepers point of view

GO PRO!
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
abubv1matthewmatt14
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: If you love something, let it free. Moreover, we'd need a gigantic aquarium to contain all of the fish. Why not just call the Earth an aquarium and be done with it?