bobbylovesyou15
Shrek_sDrecKid

should middle school kids have a longer lunch?

Shrek_sDrecKid

bobbylovesyou15

Pro

Kid should be able to enjoy their lunch periods with the proper time they need. Kids often often don't have enough time to eat or play. I believe that we should have the proper amount of time enjoy our time after hours of working. School lunch should be extended. So hell yeah we should have a longer lunch.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

I accept your challenge and will explain why children should not have longer lunch time periods.
bobbylovesyou15

Pro

bobbylovesyou15 forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

I know that you do not want to debate with me because I am so skilled!
bobbylovesyou15

Pro

bobbylovesyou15 forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

Children should not have longer lunch time periods as it is a waste of their time, only decreases the amount of time spent on learning and recess, and is an inconvenience for the staff. After making my own arguments, rebuttals will be made to the opponent as well as providing sources, if possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argument #1: Waste Of Students' Time

Students already have enough time to eat as the times were already created and approved of by the school staff and administration. Because they are adults and are experienced within the educational sector, they know and believe what is best based on past student experience and educational wisdom. Therefore, what they say is final - especially since middle schools are only available in first world countries where education is highly advanced and in second world countries where education is extremely strict and formal. Plus, they have already calculated the average time it takes to eat and extra time is added to that average as kids do tend to eat slower than adults. Adding extra time will only be a waste of time since students would have already eaten their lunches and would either be socializing or using electronics - not learning or going outside to play recess.

Argument #2: Decreases Time On Learning & Recess

As indirectly stated before, adding more time to lunch will take away time elsewhere. If this is not done, then the school day would be longer before which may be a plus for the staff as they earn more profit, but a downside for parents and students as they have to spend more time at school. The learning would be shortened, either forcing teachers to teach more within a certain amount of time, which would cause students to struggle academically, or teachers would have to reduce the amount that is taught to students to meet with the "deadlines." Also, the time of recesses would be shortened as well - a major negative consequence of both students and staff as students would not have as much time to play and relax, and teachers would have less time to take a break from dealing with bratty kids, socializing with other teachers, and doing "teacher" things (i.e., photocopying, marking, etc.)

Argument #3: Inconvenience For Staff

Finally, it would be a major inconvenience for staff. Not only does it prevent them from taking breaks, socializing with other staff, and doing teacher-related tasks, it also forces them to teach more and meet deadlines faster than before, such as marking, creating assignment criteria, and lesson plans. This creates more stress on the teachers and in turn will result stress on the students as well.
"Kid should be able to enjoy their lunch periods with the proper time they need. Kids often often don't have enough time to eat or play. I believe that we should have the proper amount of time enjoy our time after hours of working. School lunch should be extended. So hell yeah we should have a longer lunch."

Opponent fails to provide a clear, descriptive, and effective thesis as it is too general, vague, and does not seem to take any sort of stance whatsoever. Opponent also fails to provide enough reasons and arguments to back up their thesis, if any. Opponent also places profanity and informal language, which will be penalized by the voters for misconduct and non-professionalism. Opponent finally fails to build upon arguments with evidence, writes their argument in well developed paragraphs, provides accurate spelling and grammar, and does not write enough to persuade the audience. Opponent especially fails to provide any sources at all - it would rather be to have non-trusted and fake sources such as Wikipedia than to not provide sources at all (not that I am saying that fake sources are good). Opponent seems to lack skill in debating and I recommend to look at other debates and read the "FAQS" and "Tips" section of this site before attempting to continue debating further. And please take my advice into consideration as well; most importantly, do not forfeit as you currently have a 60 % chance of losing from forfeiture alone.
bobbylovesyou15

Pro

bobbylovesyou15 forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

I extend my arguments.
bobbylovesyou15

Pro

bobbylovesyou15 forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Con

I conclude this debate by recommending voters to vote me and wish opponent the best of luck in future debates.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
You need help...
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
bobbylovesyou15Shrek_sDrecKidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit by Pro