Jaskaran
Russia_The_almighty

should museums be free

Russia_The_almighty

Jaskaran

Pro

I think that museums should be free for young people. They give young people the opportunity to not only enjoy arts but also learn value of culture. Generally, In Japan, most students learn various cultures by only reading textbook at school. However, it's very important for them to understand cultures "directly". By appreciating arts directly, it's possible for students to get something that textbook can't give them. For that reason, I agree that museums should be free.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

I wanted a quick debate anyways. The title states "should museums be free." However in your round one, it says you think it should be free to YOUNG people which is kind of contradictory saying that only people under 18 should go there free as you defined young people as anyone under 18. Here are my points why I think no.

Point 1: How would they make money?
If museums were free how would they pay their employees and pay the bills? The government? Where does the givernment get money? Taxpayers. Why waste perfectly good taxpayers money in a capitalist country where private agencies own most businesses. Private agencies ussually don't care unless it would be a good investment so they aren't going to give money to the museums unless there is a big sign outsides flashing neon orange saying "Kept up and running by Mr. Almighty Inc".

Point 2: It should be only for 13 and under.
I've been in many places where there is a certain age before you have to pay. I have not seen one place where it is free for under 18. Usually under 3, sometimes under 7, even less under 13, but never once under 18. When I go someplaces I end up paying an adult ticket because I'm over 13. By your teenage years a lot of that "free" kind of blows away.

Point 3: Let the museums decide.
If it is a privatly owned museum, let them decide how old you are until you have to pay. Imagine if you are a museum owner struggling to make a meager profit and now you ldon't get money you get from people between the ages 3-17.

To you!
Jaskaran

Pro

Jaskaran forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

Extend arguments.
Jaskaran

Pro

Jaskaran forfeited this round.
Russia_The_almighty

Con

Vote con!
Posted by Jaskaran 2 years ago
Jaskaran
under 18
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 2 years ago
Russia_The_almighty
Please define "young people" do you mean under 18, 13,10, etc.?
Vote Placed by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
JaskaranRussia_The_almightyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to con because of a 2/3 forfeit from pro. I think that con's "let them decide" point severely outweigh's pro's "oppurtunities for younger people" point, where a business is for the betterment of the establishment, not of the collective.