whitechapel
joshuaXlawyer

should parents be allowed to invade childrens privacy?

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

whitechapel

Con

parents should not be allowed to invade their childrens privacy , parents should trust thier children
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

For one I will go to say that parent should have the right to go into their children's privacy, this is because simply put children do not know everything and are not wise and are ignorant.

First I will define some things.

Child : A young human being before the age of 17 .

Privacy : the condition of being concealed or hidden.

Parents : A parent is a caretaker of the offspring in their own species. In humans, a parent is the mother or the father figure of a child (NOTE: "child" refers to offspring, not age). Children can have one or more parents, but they must have two biological parents.

Invade : intrude on: to intrude upon, infringe, encroach on, violate; "This new colleague invades my territory"; "The neighbors intrude on your privacy"

Allowed : permitted, as in: No one under 17 allowed.

Case :

1. Parents have a right to go through their child's privacy, as they may have this right to protect their child from things such as child molesters, cyber bulling, school bullying and etc. As children do not always know what is best for them.

2.Trust is essential but isn't a right nor is it just given to you it requires effort, respect, and responsibility which you must prove to your parents first before they can trust you.

Since privacy for a child who isn't legally an adult and has no rights have no privacy and if you get privacy it is a privilge not a right until your 17 or 18. Parents going into a child's privacy is mainly to protect the child from things that i named in number 1 and stuff that they are not allowed to do.
whitechapel

Con

children are human beings as well as parents. cases have shown that children have committed suicide due to bullying and were not comfortable with telling their parents. a case n pocatella, IDAHO, 13 year old girl shoots herself in the school bathroom. She told her friends that she was going to commit suicide but they didn't believe her. I feel as this situation could have been avoided if she could talk to her parents about things , which is why I think instead of parents invading privacy , they should try and hold a better relationship with their children so they wont feel nervous about talking to their parents about problems they are having.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

This information is irrelevant seeing how you can't prove that her parents were invading her privacy, maybe they didn't care for her at all? Maybe if they had invaded her privacy they could have saved her? You can't prove what her parents did or did not do.

Also voters my case hasn't been address so it must still stand, vote con.
whitechapel

Con

whitechapel forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

my opponent has forfeited vote for my side thank you
whitechapel

Con

whitechapel forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
whitechapel

Con

whitechapel forfeited this round.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Posted by daley 5 years ago
daley
lovelife, u r speaking for urself, but u aren't provideing anystatistic to show that ur experience is typical of the millions of teenagers out there. just email any institution that specializes in dealing with counselling families and handling problems with kids and see what the experts say. if parents who are already having problems with their kids give them total privacy it is certain they will use it to do more wrong, not good. but the ones who are doing what is good have nothin to fear from an invasion of pricacy, in fact, their parents already trust them and don't need to invade.

also, the only reason u started to do good when u got more privacy was not primarily because of the privacy itself, b ut because of ur previous moral foundation against which u were rebelling; understand that not all kids have that moral foundation. u can't start doing right out of the blue unless u learnt it first. those kids that never learnt the right way will never start to follow it just because they have freedom; not all parents have given their kids a good moral training, and without that, no amount of freedom can make them better.
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 5 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
yeah i mean my side lol not his thanks
Posted by lovelife 5 years ago
lovelife
actually daley, I quit doing things such as cutting, sneaking online, stealing etc as soon as my parents gave me more privacy.
Because of their hateful mistrust I felt like I had to rebel. Once they backed off I was a good kid again. Luckily I never did anything TOO terribly dangerous (like sleeping around, drugs, skipping class, and all that other stuff that I was nervous aut cause I didn't have every single thing planned out -yet-)
now that I am left completely alone for over 12 hours a day, with no privacy invasions, online, in my room, or on my phone, I don't feel the need to do -anything- bad at all.
funny how that works....
Plus many people that kill or rape lose their life either because of someone using lethal self defense or capital punishment, so I guess life is now a privilege too..
I'd say that if it weren't legal to do to anyone over 17-18, it shouldn't be legal for parents to do to their kids.

anyway josh I think you meant to say "vote pro" or "vote contender"
Posted by daley 5 years ago
daley
Giving a child privacy is not going to encourage that child to open up to its parent; if the child isn't doing somethig he knows is wrong in the first place, he wouldn't be so worried about his parent barging into his bedroom. Problem children do not have a right to much privacy at home, because with it, they might do illegal drugs in their bedroom and the parent won't know until its too late; ie, child dies of an overdose, or police raid the house and arrest them all.

If a parent goes into a childs room when he isn't home that parent may find out stuff about their child which he only tells friends but doesn't tell the parent, things that could save the childs life. Privacy isn't a human right, it is earned. Why don't you think prisoners have much privacy? Cause their irresponsible behavior lost them that privilege. I would only give a child privacy when it demonstrates the responsibility that comes with it. Just like giving him a car, privacy is a tool that can be misused and be dangerous in irresponsible hands.

So parents should not give privacy to irresponsible children, they should give it only to the kids who earn it...
Posted by american5 5 years ago
american5
I like this debate but I don't think it will end well
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
whitechapeljoshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and con did not back up his statements.