johnmind
Valkrin

should parents tell your futre

Valkrin

johnmind

Con

no parents have no right to tell their childs futre
Valkrin

Pro

"no parents have no right to tell their childs futre"
By using a double negative, Con is essentially saying "parents have a right to tell their child's future", thus conceding.
Reinstate the debate without a double negative or self-contradictory statement and I'll accept.
johnmind

Con

my respected opponent .sorry for the usage of double negative. parents have the right to tell childs futre i dindt tell parents cant predict futre but i say that parents can tell students abt their futre its from ur mothers womb u came out .then they have a small right to tell ur futre their seeing u from the day u r born.
Valkrin

Pro

Ok, I would like to address the main point that Con presents: that parents cannot tell your future.

This could be taken as a prophetic sense or what the child should do in their future years.
While parents themselves should not force a child to do what they want, they should give a child some ideas as to what they want the child to do in the future. If a person enters the "real world" with no clear goal, it's going to be a very bad time for that person. If a person has at least some goal to aim for in their future years. Parents' job is to raise their child to become a responsible and mature adult. Without parents giving some idea as to what their child should do or what they should aim for, the child is going to be in a very bad spot in the world, with no clue where I go.

For this reason, I believe that parents should give you an idea of your future, at least to an extent.
johnmind

Con

johnmind forfeited this round.
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
@donald.keller
He challenged me to this debate. I did not just randomly accept to show my prowess. Merely, I was being courteous by accepting the challenge.
Posted by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
Had this debate gone on, and warranted my interest enough to make me vote, Pro would have lost conduct immediately... Accepting a debate so you can win by pulling semantics on the opponents R1 case to abuse a grammatical error... We KNOW what he meant, so your case wouldn't have worked. Depending on how Con might have responded, you may have lost CA for such an argument also.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
A parents main responsibility is to raise responsible adults. Not entertain them till they leave.All any of you that no longer want parental supervision, just get a job, get your own place and pay your own bills. That should do it.
Posted by johnmind 2 years ago
johnmind
i am not any spex .and i dont know him either.i am from india
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
Weird, a random challenge issued to me...
You sound a bit like spex, to be quite frank. Are you him?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
johnmindValkrinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture and Con has terrible grammatical skills.
Vote Placed by warren42 2 years ago
warren42
johnmindValkrinTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO misinterpreted the initial claims made by CON due to CON's poor grammar. CON intended to say "No, parents have no right to tell their child's future." which would offer the answer to the resolution, then provide elaboration rather than a simple yes/no answer. Since PRO misrepresented the CON position, I cannot vote for PRO, but since CON set themselves up for this, I cannot vote for them either. PRO had far superior grammar.