CHEIF_BEAST
Danielle

should people be allowed to carrie a gun if it is legal

Con Tied Pro

CHEIF_BEAST

Con

the state should not allow people to carrie guns legal or not people are crazy they will shoot some body just because they got a gun registered or not I don't think so
Danielle

Pro

There's a lot that I can say in favor of the affirmative position; however, for now I'll stick with a very short argument. Since the instigator of this debate has not yet presented a legitimate case for his side, and because this is a debate with 5 rounds for which I have to present my case, for now I'll refute what little claims the Con has actually presented in his first round. I'd also like to thank Con for the debate, and wish him good luck. Here we go...

To begin, Con says that the State should t allow people to carry guns even if it is legal. However, the State restricting citizens from doing something legal would be a huge infringement upon rights, and require taking legal action despite citizens not having broken any laws. That said, I doubt I have to head into a whole defense of the 2nd amendment at the moment, though retain the right to bring it up in future rounds.

Moving on, Con's reasoning for saying that guns should be prohibited are because (1) people are crazy, and (2) people will shoot people regardless. First, a majority of the citizens in this country are sane, and they should not be punished for the mental illness of the select few. Additionally, gun laws could be enacted in which it is required that only people with sufficient mental health (along with other requirements) can legally attain guns. Second, Con has not provided any proof or incentive that average citizens would go around shooting people. Because of this, we cannot accept his claim to be true.

Now I'm not going to waste my time crafting a R1 argument discussing democracy and the constitution, statistics, why gun rights are necessary, etc. as many of my opponents don't even bother coming back to post in future rounds. So, at this point, since I have negated all of Con's claims (and made some of my own), I am ahead. It is now up to him to present any legitimate arguments which I am prepared to deconstruct in future rounds. Back to ye, Con.
CHEIF_BEAST

Con

first my oppent dont even know why people have guns a 85% of people in the world have guns are not registered an can shoot any body so she dont what she talking about on that
Danielle

Pro

Extend my arguments.
CHEIF_BEAST

Con

CHEIF_BEAST forfeited this round.
Danielle

Pro

Extend my arguments.
CHEIF_BEAST

Con

CHEIF_BEAST forfeited this round.
Danielle

Pro

Extend my arguments.
CHEIF_BEAST

Con

CHEIF_BEAST forfeited this round.
Danielle

Pro

Extend my arguments. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost this debate though lol.
Posted by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
5 rounds is not needed...
maybe 3
Posted by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
and you really do not make a lot of sense in the post... i would redo it, properly, and make the vote not indef...
Posted by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
you will lose...
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
I declined the challenge. You can now either challenge someone else directly or make it an open debate so that anyone can take it.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
Thank you for the challenge =D. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be accepting as I'm not interested in this topic. If you are going to challenge someone else, I suggest making your opening argument longad and a bit clearer. Thanks again.
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
CHEIF_BEASTDanielleTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
CHEIF_BEASTDanielleTied