SPZRKT116
bman7720

should people judge gays?

SPZRKT116

Con

Okay, so a lot of people are against homosexuals, but honestly, i am tired of all this. Let them be who they want to be. Love is love, and I may not be a Lesbian, but i know that if I was attracted to the same sex, i would not want to be criticized for it. I am a Christian, and I love God, and a lot of people see Christians who judge people that are homosexuals.., but I think that if you love even them, then you are doing exactly what God asks. To love others. Any one willing to argue, come at me!! ( love you guys:)
btw- Don't judge others, even if what they do may be wrong to you, let them be:)
bman7720

Pro

I will make sure to keep my arguments completely secular. The matter of judging another person is one that has countless arguments around it. The modern mainstream way of thought is that judging another person is bad and labels you as a "bigot." However, there is a difference between judgment and persecution. Let's say someone believes homosexuality to be Satanic and utterly repulsive, however they allow homosexuals to coexist and fully support their rights.

Judgement is a subconscious mechanism that happens within our brains. We analyze and collect data of our surroundings and judge the findings. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, which is as far as judgment goes. I am not saying that persecuting or harassing someone for being homosexual is ok, but you have every right to judge them upon it. Our society is built on a structure of untrusting our fellow citizens. Take this scenario for instance;

A man in a high-end suit with a clean shave and clean haircut asks to borrow your phone to make a call. A man with ripped clothing, a bushy face, and messy hair asks to do the same. Who are you inclined to lend your phone to? You can be honest, since there is anonymity. This is for you to answer yourself.

My ultimate point relates to what the famous satirist Volatire said, "I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend until my death your right to say it."
SPZRKT116

Con

That is clever..i'm not gonna lie..you look at these things with a high-honored perspective, however, i'm actually going to answer that question.. I would allow both of them to use my phone. I have actually been in both situations. I believe that if others judge one another than this world will be full of negative opinions and false assumptions.
Lets just say that you were in a room full of Catholics, and you were the only atheist. Though it may seem just fine to you, you still have that eerie sense inside that they are judging your every move. It is the same with when you walk into a public school.
There is always that sense of surmountable discomfort. If people didn't judge others then i am pretty sure you wouldn't feel the way you do.
Also , why should you judge others when you yourself are at fault? Like if I was to look at gays as if they are these aliens and judge them to be or "confused people" and then i go home to have sex with 5 other men.. what good am i to be judging others when i am doing horrible things behind closed doors?
bman7720

Pro

My opponent mentions a valid point of social anxiety, however this is not a rational fear. Social anxiety is caused by the subconscious fear of being judged in public. Wether people are actually judging you mentally or not, the anxiety still exists. Fear will always exist even if we remove the things that we are scared of.

Also, if a man judges gays and then has homosexual intercourse, why should the whole of society be reprimanded because of his actions as a single individual? Is that not the very point my opponent is trying to make? Society functions on a system of judging and accessing others. Profiling is a natural and subconscious that we are all guilty of doing. When you're buying a car, you judge and analyze every factor, including your salesman. You look for body language and their general appearance.
SPZRKT116

Con

SPZRKT116 forfeited this round.
bman7720

Pro

I will not argue this round to allow for equal arguments.
Posted by ProphecyNoob 2 years ago
ProphecyNoob
if they're gonna kiss in front of me then fucck yeah them bittches need to be exterminated