DeezNutzz
SnaxAttack

should people with aids be killed to stop the spread of the disease

DeezNutzz

Pro

They all should be killed so they will not transmit the disease to others and it is there fault to begin with because they did not need to have that gay butt sex with a man and not check him to make sure he was clean
SnaxAttack

Con

I accept the debate, and will argue that those with AIDS should not be killed in society.
DeezNutzz

Pro

sir. but i feel that way because if we just get rid of them than it will stop the spread of aids and if it was that controllable than there would be almost nobody left with it. and about the person in the comments if you have aids than you should not have a kid because that is bad parenting and you have no right bringing a kid into this world with aids
SnaxAttack

Con

I apologize it took me a little, I had other things that needed to get done; but anys I shall argue on why people with AIDS shouldn't be killed.
There is a Cure Being Found
First thing I like to point out is that there is a cure being found to heal AIDS. According to the article "Searchig for an HIV and AIDS Cure" (1), it states: "There is no cure for HIV and AIDS yet. However, treatment can control HIV and enable people to live a long and healthy life". There may not be a cure yet for HIV, but there is a method to help the person live healthily. So why should this result in death?

Secondly, my opponent states the following "Sir. but i feel that way because if we just get rid of them than it will stop the spread of aids and if it was that controllable than there would be almost nobody left with it". However, quoted by "HIV and AIDS in Children" (2) they are born with it. "An estimated 3.2 million children age 15 and under were living with AIDS at the end of 2013, according to the World Health Organization". That is a lot, and do we truly want to kill these children just because they have a disease that cannot be controlled? No, we shouldn't because these children are the future generation within society.

No One Has to Have Sex
Besides a cure that helps protect the parent and child, I also like to point out that one with AIDS does not necessarily need to have sex. How are AIDS distributed? By the use of sex typically, and they necessarily do not have to do this action. For all we know, they can grow up not having any sex for the rest of their life. Should we still kill them? No, we shouldn't because it is unjust for something they have naturally.

1. http://www.avert.org...
2. http://www.webmd.com...
DeezNutzz

Pro

DeezNutzz forfeited this round.
DeezNutzz

Pro

DeezNutzz forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

Vote Con!
Posted by Turtlebro 1 year ago
Turtlebro
Why would you kill someone for having a disease? Thats like killing someone because they take drugs.
Posted by Debate999 1 year ago
Debate999
People with aids are still people, would you like to be killed because you had a disease?
Posted by DeezNutzz 1 year ago
DeezNutzz
if you have aids than you should not have a kid because that is bad parenting and you have no right bringing a kid into this world with aids
Posted by AndyHood 1 year ago
AndyHood
Oh, please... should everybody with the common cold be killed to prevent its spread?
Does everybody with AIDS have it because of homosexual sex?

The answer to both questions is obviously "no". HIV is manageable now, given the right medicines... even if it weren't, killing people is extreme and rarely justified if you ask me. What about kids that are BORN with AIDS? Would you be proposing infanticide? I think that you might lose this debate, if it is that, not just an attempt to troll...