Achmed18
tmar19652

should people with any type of autism be put in a mental institution

tmar19652

Achmed18

Con

People with any type of autism should not be put in a mental institution because of their disability people with autism grow up to lead great lives. Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a range of complex neurodevelopment disorders, characterized by social impairments, communication difficulties, and restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped patterns of behavior.
tmar19652

Pro

I will argue that people with dangerous types of autism should be placed in mental institutions for rehabilitative care.

You have the burden of proof to show that no-one with autism, no matter what the severity, should be placed in a mental institution.
Achmed18

Con

People with any type of autism should at least have the chance to live their lives before people make them go into mental institution
tmar19652

Pro

So you believe that someone with an extremely servere form of autism and murderous tendencies should not be put in a mental institution? That is terrible logic that could get dozens of innocent people killed, just to give one person a "chance".
Achmed18

Con

its bull crap that anyone who does not have autism label the people who do and force them into mental institution
tmar19652

Pro

My points still stand, con seems to be profane and incompetent.
Achmed18

Con

i strongly disagree people who do not have a form of autism should not label the ones who do the ones who donot have a form of autism have no idea what it is like
tmar19652

Pro

While I may have no Idea what it is like to be autistic, someone with extremely servere autism may be a danger to themself or those around them. Therefore mental institutions are a neccesary evil in preventing uneccesary killings or abuse.
Achmed18

Con

people who have autism should be given a chance to live their lives before anyone forces them into a mental institution because of thier disability
tmar19652

Pro

Just to reiterate my case, not all people with autism should be put into mental institutions, however the ones who are dangerous to society, should be placed in mental institutions to protect their own lives, and the lives of others.
My opponent has simply made unfounded assertations and profane, incoherent ramblings, and they have not fulfilled their BOP, therefore I urge you to vote Pro!
Posted by Achmed18 4 years ago
Achmed18
well I am autistic and it annoys me that people call me crazy and try to pick fights with me because I'm different
Posted by tmar19652 4 years ago
tmar19652
If they do not assign you the BOP or state it is shared, It is very easy to flip the BOP on them and win the debate that way.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Drhead: Con has a minimal BoP (imo, since arguments where con makes NO point for themselv feel like they are missing something), but BoP mainly falls to Pro to actually make a case for why the question's answer should be yes.
I'm pretty sure that round one statement from pro was either a power trip or a tactic to throw con off.
Posted by MaestroEvans 4 years ago
MaestroEvans
God.
Posted by Achmed18 4 years ago
Achmed18
Maestroevans how r u no longer autistic
Posted by MaestroEvans 4 years ago
MaestroEvans
I used to be autistic...
Posted by drhead 4 years ago
drhead
Um. Why does Con have the burden of proof?
Posted by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
Not all autistic people are capable of asking for help; some forms are quite severe. And not all have family, either.
Posted by Achmed18 4 years ago
Achmed18
I'm just saying that people with autism should have the chance to live their lives and if they need help they could go ask for it from a family member
Posted by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
I'm unclear on what your motion is. Are you saying that:

No one who has any form of autism should be put in an institution?

or

Not all people with autism should be put in an institution?

Bearing in mind that it is (or should be) common knowledge that autism is a spectrum disorder, I doubt anyone would take the proposition that ALL people with autism should be put in institutions; at the same time, are you really saying that NO ONE with autism, no matter how severe, should be put in an institution?
Vote Placed by x2MuzioPlayer 4 years ago
x2MuzioPlayer
Achmed18tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: And this is why it's important to make the resolution as clear as possible. Arguments to Pro for at least giving a warrant to his argument. S&G to Pro, since it seems Con gave up on forming correct sentences halfway through the debate.
Vote Placed by Kenneth_Stokes 4 years ago
Kenneth_Stokes
Achmed18tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor Con.
Vote Placed by drhead 4 years ago
drhead
Achmed18tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had better arguments. However, he appeared to interpret the resolution in a very predatory manner (I'm certain that Con meant not all people with autism should be put in a mental institution). Therefore, I must give conduct to Con.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Achmed18tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: S&G: Con was lacking in this area. Arguments: Con started strong in the first round, but had no follow through, failed to even clarify his position, and succeeded in little more than a definition and an appeal to pity. Pro made valid points which were unchallenged except for calling them "bull crap." Con: Next time don't lose sight of your argument, no matter how annoying the other side is. Had you even mentioned "that's what prisons are for," in regards to autistics who have already committed crimes, you would have done much better.
Vote Placed by Misterscruffles 4 years ago
Misterscruffles
Achmed18tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: S/g, as pro found the shift key. Arguments, as con had BOP and failed to meet it.