Debater_Girl
1dustpelt

should pitbulls be banned from the u.s.

1dustpelt

Debater_Girl

Con

Let see who wins this crucial debate.
1dustpelt

Pro

I agree with Pro, but she challenged me to several debates recently, and I do not want to decline anymore debates from her.
Debater_Girl

Con

They shouldn't be banned because it's not their fault how they act. They are very loyal when raised correctly. Their history leads back to dog fights. Is it really their fault that they are doing what they were raised to do. Lets put some blame on the owners. Why? They need a licence because for me, seeing a dog being raised like that is a nuisance.
1dustpelt

Pro

"They shouldn't be banned because it's not their fault how they act."
It's not a zombies fault it wants to eat people either!

"They are very loyal when raised correctly. Their history leads back to dog fights. Is it really their fault that they are doing what they were raised to do. Lets put some blame on the owners. Why? They need a licence because for me, seeing a dog being raised like that is a nuisance."
It's not their fault terrorists behave the way they do! They were raised that way! They are really kind when you treat them properly!
Again, no sources, argument dismissed.
Debater_Girl

Con

First of all, be choosy with your words. It is the owner's fault. The dogs will do it if not stirred in the right direction. And you ain't dismissing no debate, at all, let that be known. I feel bad for you because you spent your precious time copying and pasting my statement for nothing. Banning doesn't work - didn't work with alcohol, doesn't work with drugs, doesn't work with prostitution, won't work with "pit bulls". If you ban pit bulls, then another dog breed will take it's place. Then you ban that breed, and the next breed, and the next... Education and peer pressure works. It worked with child labour, with child and spousal abuse, with the reduction in smoking, with the reduction in drinking and driving, in the use of seatbelts and it will work with pitbulls.Owners of all vicious dogs should be required to have a 1 Million dollar insurance policy on their animals to cover the damage it does. And then be sent to prison if it mauls a child or any person. I have no time or sympathy for the useless idiots that own animals like that, and aren't smart enough to know how to deal with them. Once again proving that it is the owner's fault. Heck No! Pit bulls are NOT natural born killers. They are animals. Dogs. They should be restrictive in who they sell them to so they do not end up in the hands of dog fighters. I think that people who own Pit bulls should have them registered, and owners of dogs who attack people should be fined/some other legal action against them because its their fault for not training the dog.
1dustpelt

Pro

First I will introduce arguments.

Contention 1: Pitbulls are dangerous
Pitbulls have killed and harmed many humans and animals. This has occured for pitbulls more than any other animal.

Rebuttals
"It is the owner's fault. The dogs will do it if not stirred in the right direction."
Well, if it is that case, then tell me Con. Why does this happen only with pitbulls all the time? Perhaps the owners of other dogs are all nice and pitbull owners just happen to be that way?

"Banning doesn't work - didn't work with alcohol, doesn't work with drugs, doesn't work with prostitution, won't work with "pit bulls"."
Please provide sources or proof. In fact, banning does work. According to a study, a school who banned cigarettes found significantly less smokers.

"Education and peer pressure works."
I agree, and banning helps.

"Owners of all vicious dogs should be required to have a 1 Million dollar insurance policy on their animals to cover the damage it does."
Okay, but a dog killing a person is still a problem.

"Once again proving that it is the owner's fault. Heck No! Pit bulls are NOT natural born killers."
Once again, why does this only happen with pitbulls? Do you see any other dogs doing this?

"I think that people who own Pit bulls should have them registered, and owners of dogs who attack people should be fined/some other legal action against them because its their fault for not training the dog."
I agree they should be fined. But again, why is it that this does not happen with other dogs?

I have proved that it is completely the owners fault because this does not happen with other dogs.

http://www.higheredmorning.com...;
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
This debate is offensive anyway, Pitbulls are some of the most loyal and friendly dogs that I've seen.
Posted by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
Oops that was a typo
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
"I have proved that it is completely the owners fault."

*facepalm*
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
Debater_Girl1dustpeltTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made more convincing arguments by responding to each contention, formatted his arguments better, and used sources.