should prisoners be able to get a job after prison

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 12/8/2014 Category: News

people who have gone to prison shouldn't have the right to go get a job because they have committed and crime and there for for should not have the same rights like people who have not done anything to harm or rob anyone or thing.. it depends on what kind of crime that this prisoner has committed and there for it depends how much this prisoner has changes in his life.

Crimes like theft, trespassing, rape, and speeding should be forgiven

this debate was about the prisoners that don't deserve to have a job like those who get out right before they did the wrong to try and do the right like murders should not have a job because they can't be trusted to do anything that includes working with others

Dagen forfeited this round.

I apologized for my forfeit, I coincidentally had legal issues to deal with.

You were given the chance to further prove your point and didn't so I will state the obvious.

Newly released prisoners are released.
They have decided to change their life for the better.
However after searching for an honest job that will hire them, they see that society has given up on them and prevented them from simply getting a basic job to support themselves and their family.
They see no other alternative as to go back to crime to make a living, as they need to survive.

Preventing convicts from attaining jobs causes more problems than then positive things. No discussion
Posted by kimmi 1 year ago
you do have to agree with everything I mean I have belief's doesn't mean I am bias against something
Posted by phiLockeraptor 1 year ago
And here we have conformation bias in full force. When beliefs becom part of the ego, there is no reasoning about them.
Posted by Defro 1 year ago
I feel like your resolution can be justified.
However, you should know that there are many prisoners who haven't done anything.
Some of them are innocent, but they were framed so that everyone thinks they committed the crime.
Remember, the judge and the police are humans. Humans make mistakes, and sometimes they put the wrong person in prison.

Should these people deserve to not have a job after prison?
Posted by kimmi 1 year ago
like I said I have my belief's y'all have you own I feel that this is right and that will never change even if I win this debate or not deal with it is not what they have changed it is how they were before they went to prison
Posted by anorman2015 1 year ago
If someone is convicted of a crime, served time in prison, and later released, they should definitely be allowed to get a job. What is being forgotten is that depending on the severity of the crime, there"s an increase in time. Once a convict has served their time and been released, it is with the intention that they will go out into the real world and get back on their feet. It is extremely unfair to take away their rights after they have served their time. If they are let out of prison and not permitted to get a job- they will be homeless! Homeless ex convicts all over the streets! They will have no food, no water, and no shelter. Guess what prison can provide them with? It provides them with food, water, and a shelter. If this proposal becomes an actual law- crime in our country could very well go up because ex convicts could realize prison is a better life than starving on the streets.
Posted by kimmi 1 year ago
i dont care what any of you think its what i believe
Posted by dhardage 1 year ago
OK, let's put them on the street with no way to make a living, get food or shelter. How long do you think it will be before they have to commit a crime just to get something to eat? CON's assertion is the height of foolishness.
Posted by cheyennebodie 1 year ago
kimmi.... Unforgiveness is a poison that only affects the person that will not forgive.
Posted by SJDC57 1 year ago
Of course they should. What else would you have them do ? It's would be counter productive to not allow ex-prisoners to work. And most probably lead to more crime, thus adding to the cycle of ex-prisoners and re-offending. I don't think you have though about the implications of what you are suggesting and its effects.
Posted by Bennett91 1 year ago
They don't need to work? What does this mean? Unless you're advocating that they never get released they are going to have to do something in order to survive once they get out. I don't think you're advocating that they get put on welfare. So either they'll need to get a job or they'll commit more crime. It's just that simple.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: The Forfeiture is against Pro, despite making a better last round than his opponent.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins due to his argument on relapse due to Con's resolution thus giving him the debate.