leah_burke
Tyroneley

should religion be allowed in schools?

leah_burke

Pro

Yes, because it takes part in freedom of speech and freedom of religion
Tyroneley

Con

I'm going to be arguing against this topic, which is 'Religion Should Be Allowed in Schools', and I will discuss the reasons why religion should not be taught within schools, and the negative effects if such act is done.

When we say schools, we're generally talking about children. Children learn and are educated about morals and ethics concerning about life, to be able to use what they learn to a worthy cause in the future, but you must take note that they're progressing at a very young age, and shouldn't be pressurized under the topic of religion. You see, children are sensitive when they're young, they're not mature enough to handle certain things, yet everyday they are exposed to bullying and slurs from people of their age (or older). They experience different things everyday, and you're saying that we should let them talk about religion in school? Do you know what could be said and discussed about? Children, typically at a very young age, are very naive and always say rude things every once in a while, and when you give them a topic such as religion, you should acknowledge that there is this big chance that bullying and "laughing at one another" just for having different beliefs than the people around you. Children aren't ready for this topic, and even if you would want to teach them about religion, at-least do it at home when the child can discuss with his or her family without having to be laughed at by other children at school.
What you're basically trying to say is that we should condone religious beliefs in school, when children AREN'T ready for this type of teachings yet. They should grow up more and in the future, when they are more mature about things, then that is the correct moment to be taught of religion. Controversies would start at school, people arguing about what is true and what is not true, and it would cause more problems evidently, and there's no way to get around it other than not teaching religion at school. I am a Catholic myself, yet I believe students should not be taught about their religion, not even DISCUSS about religion, until they grow mature about certain topics.

For example, Muslims are portrayed as heartless, dirty, evil humans whose only desire is for their beliefs to be believed by everyone else in the world. This will lead to mockery and bullying about someone's religion, including the believer him/herself. Children typically aren't open-minded, and should wait until they branch out to different ideas and knows what differences are. Minor examples like fruits can be given to them, like for example, an apple. There are different tastes of an apple, it's just mysticism. You have to know it before you can judge it. It's the same with religion. You have to be open-minded and know it before you even try to say anything negative about it. You shouldn't even be saying anything negative about it. Acknowledging that everyone has his or her opinion, you should be smart enough to not be blabbering about another person's belief, because it's their own belief, not yours. You've already seen what's happened to the adult world with religion (9/11 attacks, the recent French terrorist attacks, shall I say more?), and as I said, different religious people are portrayed as heartless beasts who care about nothing but their religion, but just because one person does something horrible doesn't mean everyone else that has the same beliefs as him or her is the same. Don't try to influence this act to the children of the future, don't try to ruin our world, don't try to ruin future.
This is why the motion should fall, religion should not be allowed in school.
leah_burke

Pro

leah_burke forfeited this round.
Tyroneley

Con

Tyroneley forfeited this round.
leah_burke

Pro

leah_burke forfeited this round.
Tyroneley

Con

Tyroneley forfeited this round.
Posted by Tyroneley 1 year ago
Tyroneley
I forgot to post my evidence for the first round, my apologies:

Referencing:

http://knightlyherald.com...