theo1do
riadesai

should school be two hours long

riadesai

theo1do

Pro

I was think should school be two hours long i ask a bunch of my friend I got bot yes and nos what do yall think
riadesai

Con

Thanks for proposing this argument!

As I am myself a student, I know that many students wish that school should be shorter and as you proposed should be two hours long. But there are way too many reasons for why the school days shouldn't be shortened, as I will explain in the following....

1. First off, students that only go to school for two hours can miss out on academic learning. Students that don't receive a full education can fall behind in class. This will have even greater affects in the future, when they try to go get a job; they will find they don't have the full requirements to meet the standards of jobs nowadays.

2. Secondly, the hours of school ranging form 7 to 8 in the US is perfect for our curriculum, actually in some cases these 7 to 8 hours is not enough. For example, schools in Japan have longer school days than in the US, and they are outperforming schools all across the world.

3. Thirdly, school is the time to ask questions to your teacher and learn what you don't know. If you are stuck doing homework at home then you might have no idea on how to complete your homework, thus hindering the students's education.

4. Finally, and most importantly, shorter school hours will lead to the teacher trying to fit what you now learn in 7 to 8 hours into just two hours. This will either lead to more school days, thus shortening summer break and/or more homework everyday.

In conclusion, I think that overall throughout your life having regular school hours will benefit you in the long run. Also, if you have shorter days, then you have to cram a full day's worth of learning into 2 hours. This could lead to unemployment in the future. So if you just work hard for those 7 to 8 hours each day then you will be way better prepared for the future. To sum up, regular school hours are perfect for now, shortening them could have devastating affects on the students of today.

Note: If you would like any more facts, as I had too many to fit onto one argument, just ask. Thanks!
Posted by Complicated_Mind 3 years ago
Complicated_Mind
Smh...
Posted by GWL-CPA 3 years ago
GWL-CPA
an 18 year old debating a 13 year old on a silly silly topic, this site is going downhill fast because of you kids, IMHO.
Posted by NarutoUzamaki 3 years ago
NarutoUzamaki
Pro failed to prove his point also school should not be two hours
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
theo1doriadesaiTied
Reasons for voting decision: No arguments by Pro.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
theo1doriadesaiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Strong arguments Con. Pro basically did not debate, but only asked a questions. These one round debates give the second speaker a huge advantage. There were several errors in both the title and Pro's debate.