tson63
mbirnholz

should school lunches be healthier and should they offer more variaties of food

tson63

Pro

yes ,because today as a student i went to get a lunch and realized that they only had items with cheese on it. im lacktoast so i cannot have any dairy so instead i had a pretzle and junk for my lunch. i dont have a good stomach and wish they didnt offer junk foods or well pretty much junk food for our lunches.
mbirnholz

Con

It seems that this debate will not require the time or effort I normally put into these things. Instead of a nice long case I have presented you with other options besides eating your wonderfully delicious junk food.
1. You have the option of bringing your own lunch from home.
2. You are not being forced to buy the food.
3. You have an option on what to buy. You did not have to pick the foods with the cheese.
4. The food is required to have a minimal health standard. Your food is considered healthy.
5. The school is not required to offer you a range of food options. You are there for an education, not to be served by a five star chef.
6. The school would have been required to provide you with other school food options (non junk food ones) if you had informed them of your medical issues.
7. I would put something witty here but I don't have enough motivation to do so.
I rest my wonderfully short seven statement case.
tson63

Pro

I'm not looking for a 5 star meal I'm looking for something that is healthier then our pizza and casadias every day.
I looked at the vegetables and said yum peas those were the bright things about my lunch
the other foods were some Mexican cheesy thing and bosco cheese sticks then they had soft pretzel's and that's what I ended up with.
a soft pretzel water and a bag of chips.
I would pack a lunch if I had food at my house or maybe enough time in the morning also. I already wake up at 530 in the morning and I still l am rushed so I'm not about wake up at 5 just to pack a lunch that I don't have.
here's a proven fact I use to have focus problems I tried everything fish oil, protein shakes heck I even sat on a bouncy ball for gosh sake. sure they worked but when I didn't sit on a ball or the Med's wore off it would start again. anyways back to the fact the fact is a better nutricous appetite for all 3 big meals + the 2 snacks and 8 bottles of water you need a day will lead to a better attention span. when I started getting into my health more I tried that and it all worked I'm now an A-B student and am doing great! what you eat dose improve attention spans.
mbirnholz

Con

Since you have finally narrowed down your situation it seems that you have one simple option. You not having food at your house leads me to believe that you would qualify for reduced/free lunch. If you qualify for that then the school is required to provide for your medical needs. I also believe that they provide a vegetarian option (normally salad at my school) which does not interfere with your lactose intolerance. All you have to do is talk to your school administrators. Now that I have solved your problems, back to the "resolution". While you might have a different view of health standards, the school is adhering to the FDA guidelines for a healthy lunch, even thought it doesn't appear healthy. You didn't touch on my variety argument so I assume I won on that argument.
tson63

Pro

thankyou for the advice but the schools salads and wraps both have some sort of cheese in it. today I Had the same problem every thing had cheese in it but the bigger problem is that our schools snack line wasn't open so I couldn't get corn dogs or a pretzel or anything with out cheese in it. I ended up having to eat a pizza begal with no cheese but the cheese was melted to it so it was hard to get off. the other bad thing about that and it brings me back to the other problem in this argument is the health part. I'm goanna break down what I said PIZZA cheesy and full of fats and no protein. then BEGLE a delicious morning snack wich is full of fats and barley anything good that your body needs. so pizza begle = bad for you ! they had no vegetables today so I ended up with water and gold fish so again not very healthy
mbirnholz

Con

I am sorry you seem to still be having issues. It seems to me that you didn't take my earlier advice to fix the problem. Whining about wanting change does not actually lead to change.

You seem to be having one argument:
1. The food provided does not meet your medical needs therefore you want variety that includes healthy options.

The problem with this argument is that, upon request to administration, the school is obligated to provide you with food that meets the FDA standards and your health standards. This means that there is no reason that the government should adjust the FDA standards to be healthier and that there is no reason that the school should provide you with a greater variety of options.

These next two rounds will be fun to read because it looks like you require me to just rehash everything I say in each argument if you are going to continue posting the contents of your lunches. I to, want to share the details of my lunch on the internet. You will be surprised to learn that I also had pizza bagels. However, I was able to consume mine with the cheese because I do not share your unfortunate medical history.
tson63

Pro

Im not saying i want more options im just saying that i want healthier choices.
mbirnholz

Con

Great you want healthier choices. But why should they provide you with them? The only argument you gave was your medical history and you can see my previous argument as to why you aren't obligated to be provided with them.
tson63

Pro

tson63 forfeited this round.
mbirnholz

Con

Everyone keeps forfeiting on me. Is it a sign?
Posted by tson63 4 years ago
tson63
i do know what i meant im sorry for my errors i was in the library running out of time
Posted by Legitdebater 4 years ago
Legitdebater
Good spelling and grammar
Posted by 1Devilsadvocate 4 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
I think you mean "Lactose Intolerant" not "lacktoast".