should school lunches be healthier and should they offer more variaties of food
Debate Rounds (5)
1. You have the option of bringing your own lunch from home.
2. You are not being forced to buy the food.
3. You have an option on what to buy. You did not have to pick the foods with the cheese.
4. The food is required to have a minimal health standard. Your food is considered healthy.
5. The school is not required to offer you a range of food options. You are there for an education, not to be served by a five star chef.
6. The school would have been required to provide you with other school food options (non junk food ones) if you had informed them of your medical issues.
7. I would put something witty here but I don't have enough motivation to do so.
I rest my wonderfully short seven statement case.
I looked at the vegetables and said yum peas those were the bright things about my lunch
the other foods were some Mexican cheesy thing and bosco cheese sticks then they had soft pretzel's and that's what I ended up with.
a soft pretzel water and a bag of chips.
I would pack a lunch if I had food at my house or maybe enough time in the morning also. I already wake up at 530 in the morning and I still l am rushed so I'm not about wake up at 5 just to pack a lunch that I don't have.
here's a proven fact I use to have focus problems I tried everything fish oil, protein shakes heck I even sat on a bouncy ball for gosh sake. sure they worked but when I didn't sit on a ball or the Med's wore off it would start again. anyways back to the fact the fact is a better nutricous appetite for all 3 big meals + the 2 snacks and 8 bottles of water you need a day will lead to a better attention span. when I started getting into my health more I tried that and it all worked I'm now an A-B student and am doing great! what you eat dose improve attention spans.
You seem to be having one argument:
1. The food provided does not meet your medical needs therefore you want variety that includes healthy options.
The problem with this argument is that, upon request to administration, the school is obligated to provide you with food that meets the FDA standards and your health standards. This means that there is no reason that the government should adjust the FDA standards to be healthier and that there is no reason that the school should provide you with a greater variety of options.
These next two rounds will be fun to read because it looks like you require me to just rehash everything I say in each argument if you are going to continue posting the contents of your lunches. I to, want to share the details of my lunch on the internet. You will be surprised to learn that I also had pizza bagels. However, I was able to consume mine with the cheese because I do not share your unfortunate medical history.
tson63 forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.