lyminads
provideoman123

should school start later

lyminads

Con

i think that school should not start later because if we start later all buses have to change and would mean that school would end later so if you stay after and your school gets out at 4;30 your not going to get home untill 6;30 and then you have hobbys and sports to do so no schools should not start later
provideoman123

Pro

Oh yes... School should definitely start later. Out here in the Canadian winter, I sometimes think to myself, what if school started sooner? And then I realized, of course no, because at would interfere with one of my favorite activities, which s known as Le Coeur de Lis Seme en Or. It is a game in which you must knock on the door of an unsuspecting victim on a residential street. In the freezing winter, someone goes up to the door, knocks quickly and then turns around. He then proceeds to remove his pants and bare his butt at whoever opens the door. This pastime proves to be quite dangerous, many French-Canadian boys have been injured. I have partaken in this perilous activity 4 times as of last week, where I joined up with a group of older boys from out of town who came here to party as part of their band tour. They don't happen to be a popular group though, so they mostly hung around and partied. If school had started earlier, I would never have met these rough, but still agreeable young men on their morning escapades. Through ice and snow we trekked through the forest one morning. I glanced at my watch. It read 8:05. "Oh no", I thought, my mind racing, "School's about to start". But then I remembered with a smile on my face, school doesn't start until 9:00.

Kids need time to eat their breakfast. I remember this one morning, the air was crisp, but not in a good way, more like the sound you hear when you chip your tooth on a hard object. I ate oat cereal, rolled with honey and topped with strawberries. The Canadian drap in the living room hung over my head. Outside, the world seemed to be covered in a delicate blanket of snow. Everything was so pristine, no imperfections, no footprints and no torn fabric to be seen outside. I was happily eating the cereal, when a thought entered my mind. "What if school was 1 hour earlier?", I pondered while looking at the distorted shapes of cereal in my bowl. The little shapes were starting to fuse together, as a result of being soaked for a long time as I fantasized about the school day being one hour earlier. I would be in my English class right now. I would have been reading a book which I never enjoyed. It was about men who wanted to build a fire in the sky, but never really succeeded. How lovely, an ambitious goal like that, but how sad, knowing it could never be realized. Soon it would be time to go to school. If it had started an hour earlier, it would have been time to go to me Musical Studies class. I would play the saxophone for 72 minutes, every minute wishing desperately not to be called on by the teacher to play a solo. I hate improvising. It sucked so much life out of me I felt like crying when i was done, and everyone was staring into me. I hoped today will not be the day. Then I looked back at the clock and realized I had to go to school.

As I exited the front door, I saw my reflection in the mirror. I am a man of sport. Curling is my real passion, I live for the rock and brush. Every night I head over to the curling club with my mates. I always have enough time. Getting home at 4:30 is so great, especially with the bus schedule that coincides directly with the time kids are dismissed. Let me tell you a story of great wonders. One time I headed to the curling rink without my mates. It was a dark afternoon, around 5:30, because I got out of school at 3:30, headed home, did some homework, ate dinner, and was still on time because of the bus schedule. I started to think to myself as I walked to the club. What if I had gotten out of school one hour earlier? I would have been home for an extra hour. Now that would to have been time to brush up on my hobby of drap-burning, but more housework as my mother would instruct me to do. Had I gotten out of school earlier, I would have never had time to go to the curling club and have fun. So when I arrived at the curling club early, I saw 2 old men playing a game. Those two men were actually the owners of the curling club. I approached them with shaking hands, trembling with admiration. I asked them if they wanted a round of rock and brush. They accepted. I was a master. I could take on these two men by myself. It was the perfect time. Not one hour earlier, because that would have made the moment inopportune. I was so glad we have school from 9:00 to 3:30. I challenged them. Then my mates arrived. I decided to go play with kids of my own age, rather than these two men. Besides, I was losing pretty bad too.

I love having school in the great Bouclier. It seems to me that the hours are perfect. Even now as I am in university, I see all these kids running around after school. If it were earlier, I would have still been at home. If it were earlier, they wouldn't be running with such vigour, as they wouldn't have enough sleep. Now I understand why the province's Ministry of Education is so influential. It helps shape the way our lives are organized and becomes educational. I hope you will see that school is so much better hahaha than whatever you have.
lyminads

Con

lyminads forfeited this round.
provideoman123

Pro

provideoman123 forfeited this round.
lyminads

Con

lyminads forfeited this round.
provideoman123

Pro

provideoman123 forfeited this round.
lyminads

Con

lyminads forfeited this round.
provideoman123

Pro

provideoman123 forfeited this round.
lyminads

Con

lyminads forfeited this round.
provideoman123

Pro

provideoman123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Yes, because starting school at 7:30 is child abuse.

Seriously though I can confirm that when you have school that early in the morning you simply are not learning as well as you would later in the day. Also, by giving the students more sleep they will definitely be learning more and you will be more awake. You will also be less likely to have the issue of students sleeping in class.
Posted by provideoman123 1 year ago
provideoman123
Hello Voters,

Vote for me, as I am obviously the rightful winner of this debate. My opponent has done nothing to refute my strong argument. You know who is the strongest(me).

With respect and admiration,
provideoman123
Posted by really12 1 year ago
really12
Quite frankly, I don't think it really matters when school starts, as long as the hours are opportune.

However, school has a set schedule to teach the students responsibility with arriving to class on time and ultimately arriving to school on time. Additionally, the students will be taught how to maintain their time management skills and manage the upholding of meeting deadlines.
Posted by LindaZ4220 1 year ago
LindaZ4220
Yes, I agree with school should start later because if we do then we could have more rest and have more eager in school
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
and then tell a story.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
@provideoman123 Then why did you say school should start later.
Posted by provideoman123 1 year ago
provideoman123
Mr. Clash,

I assure you that I am not a troll. My debates are logical and well thought out. Your open hostility has been met with kindness, from myself, but do not expect me to remain so tolerant of your blatant attacks. What I have done in this debate was show my thought process exactly how a normal person would see it. I am not a narcissist, I am just someone who knows his own ability.

With regards to you,
provideoman123
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
ClashnBoom
Oh no @lyminads your debate got accepted by a troll.