brontelee
NickLawrence

should schools do something about racism?

brontelee

Pro

I believe schools should do something about racism, because some people that have been bullied about there colour or where they come from, may have thought of committing suicide. So I believe schools should do something about racism.
NickLawrence

Con

Racism is an ongoing thing and always has been. Racism is in many forms from cultures, religions, skin colors, locations, and etc. I must ask, what are you talking about when you say "schools should do something"? What could they do? Currently at my school, I can choose not to speak to a colored person or a Muslim because I am racist (I'm not, this is just an example). That's definitely racism but what can the school do about it?
If someone has thoughts of committing suicide, it's their choice. It's a horrible, horrible thing but it's all you. If you want to pull that trigger or drink that chemical, it's all up to you. You have control over your life and it's up to you if you are going to kill yourself or not.
I look forward to this debate! Good luck.
brontelee

Pro

Ok I wrote this because at my school there are a lot of people who are racist, and anyway I'm only 12 years of age. So I don't see why school don't do anything about racism and help out the people being bullied.
NickLawrence

Con

Schools do help people being bullied, all the victim has to do is report it. If the principal does nothing, you can go to the Board of Education. Very simple. In order for schools to do something, they must be aware first.
Regardless, racism will always exist and there will never be a stop to it. I feel bad for all people that are bullied by racism but they have to get their selves out of the situation by telling someone what's going on.

Back to my first point here in round 2, schools will do something about it when the B.O.E. steps in. You can get in all kinds of trouble for racism if it's done in certain ways. Slander and Libel are two ways.
brontelee

Pro

brontelee forfeited this round.
NickLawrence

Con

NickLawrence forfeited this round.
brontelee

Pro

brontelee forfeited this round.
NickLawrence

Con

It should not be the schools responsibility. School officials already have enough things to do. There are hundreds of programs out there that help people who are being bullied. If anyone needs advice, just go to them. Stand up for yourself.
brontelee

Pro

brontelee forfeited this round.
NickLawrence

Con

NickLawrence forfeited this round.