schooll
9spaceking

should schools require uniforms?

9spaceking

schooll

Pro

Schools should require uniforms for various reasons. However, there always is a downside to everything. What do you think?
9spaceking

Con

First off, School should not require uniforms because it sends the message of anti-individuality. Using MLA format, my first source is "Fetzer, Kent J. "School Uniforms Stifle Freedom of Expression." Salt Lake Tribune [Detroit] 18 Apr. 2002: F2. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 10 Feb. 2014. . " This article has shown that Many students go against uniforms, as it does not let them express themselves, and what's more, the requirement of school uniforms goes against the national belief of liberty in the constitutional law! In conclusion to my first statement, schools should not require uniforms because it goes against the constitutional laws and freedom of expression.
schooll

Pro

schooll forfeited this round.
9spaceking

Con

In my second round, I make further points of the stripping of students' rights. Many students complain about their inability to express themselves and their unique personalities. Furthermore, students will be able to make their own clothing choices and help them become good decisions maker and prepare them for their careers. Not only this, studies have shown that school uniforms do not really decrease bullying or bad behavior, and it in fact actually sometimes increases it, as shown in "Kelly, Mike. "School Uniforms Do Not Stifle Freedom of Expression." Record [Detroit] 10 Dec. 2006: O01. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 10 Feb. 2014." even though it does not support my position, it still shows that one student actually rebelled against the school, causing lots of trouble. If school uniforms were not required the student would arguably not have complained about having to wear an emblem against his will. All in all, school uniforms should not be forced onto students' backs; they will not like it at all!
schooll

Pro

schooll forfeited this round.
9spaceking

Con

Ah, So, the other contestant seems to have bailed out! I do not wish to be impolite, but it is true that he/she has shown less effort in this debate than myself. Terribly sorry to say this, but it seems apparent who has won--me. Not to be arrogant, it is the truth that the other debater has done nothing to support his argument, but rather forfeit his rounds. To sum up my argument for the last two rounds, school uniforms should be NOT required, as they limit the freedom of expression, even agreed upon as a federal lawsuit case, and only cause more problems. In conclusion, I have won the argument politely and without shouting with many many facts supporting myself. Thank you all, thank you all.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
schooll9spacekingTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to make an argument, whilst Con did not.