andrewmays
beachgirl67

should students be able to get a job at the age of 14

beachgirl67
Started: 3/13/2015 Category: Economics

andrewmays

Pro

i believe that they should be able to because it will be better for them to go and start saving for their education or for a house or a car
beachgirl67

Con

So, basically you say children should be able to work in 8th grade? I think at this age they should be focusing on education and not money. They are still very young and inexperienced in the work field, and there wouldn't be much they would be able to do. At this age, they should focus on school.
andrewmays

Pro

I'm saying that they should have the choice if they want to get a job. When I was in 8th grade I wanted to go and get a job but there was no one who would hire
beachgirl67

Con

First off, people who are 16 usually get entry level jobs anyway. People who are 14 are even less experienced. No one would hire you because not only were you young but also inexperienced in the work field. My point is, even if 14 year olds could get a job, no one would really want to hire them. Jobs may also take their focus off school and even cause them to drop out or think about dropping out later on. This is evident in teens in high schools.
andrewmays

Pro

andrewmays forfeited this round.
beachgirl67

Con

beachgirl67 forfeited this round.
Posted by DJ818 1 year ago
DJ818
what
Posted by purpledood 1 year ago
purpledood
I don't necessarily believe that 14 year olds should get a job at 14 but I still believe that they should have the choice. We shouldn't restrict their choices because it teaches them responsibility.
Posted by andrewmays 1 year ago
andrewmays
true but I'm saying that you should be able to have a choice in it and be able to go and get a job
Posted by RobertMitchell 1 year ago
RobertMitchell
I am 15 years old and it can be a bit of a struggle to keep money at this age group and it would make life a lot easier if I was able to get a job but it is VERY difficult. I have went shop to shop asking for vacancies and they all say I have to be 16. I am a lot more mature than a lot of other people my age and I do value my education highly but I still think that we as young adults should be allowed to get jobs from around 14+. One thing I would say though is that we should only be allowed jobs if we have some teachers agree with the employer that the student would work well and also that it would not have a negative impact on their education. It would mean less time to study but there isn't a lot of kids that think of going to go study rather than going to see a film with their mates. In the end it should be an agreement with parents, teachers and employers.
Posted by ShaunLouis 1 year ago
ShaunLouis
Sam is very inappropiate
Posted by ShaunLouis 1 year ago
ShaunLouis
Sam C. wants to marry kera
Vote Placed by CentristX 1 year ago
CentristX
andrewmaysbeachgirl67Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Very short and poor debate. S&G go to Con. I found Con's arguments to be more convincing, because Pro did not do much to add rebuttals. Also forfeiture.