jackfan0
red_x

should students be allowed use of cell phones in school/class

red_x

jackfan0

Pro

they should because instant dictionary
red_x

Con

That is what crhomebooks, and ipads are for. They allow more interaction, while still being able to be controlled by the school. This is necessary, as kids wouldn't just use there phones for an instant dictionary. Students would use them to text, and play games, and snapchat each other. We need more control in the classroom's. And getting rid of cellphones in school would be a big first step for the schools.
jackfan0

Pro

if there was a shooter how would you CALL the police
red_x

Con

Well if a shooting did happen the office is supposed to call and students ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THEIR CELLPHONES SHUTOFF ENTIRELY! Because if a shooter walks by a dark classroom, and a cellphone rings, he's gonna pop a cap in everyone's arse... The office calls the police so that there phone lines aren't going to be flooded. That and students don't have that responsibility, they are supposed to sit quietly and wait, until police arrive, because it may not have been your teacher, but trust me. someone will call the police. And unless told to do so, the cellphones are to remain off.
jackfan0

Pro

jackfan0 forfeited this round.
red_x

Con

I extend my argument.
Posted by red_x 1 year ago
red_x
It makes sense he chose pro, he's thirteen. Hate to say it but cellphones have no place in the classroom.
Posted by Robbaseball12 1 year ago
Robbaseball12
Cellphones should not be in a classroom. If anyone has a phone it should only be the teacher in the class. Cellphones are too much of a distraction.
Posted by Dman13331 1 year ago
Dman13331
I agree with both of you also...to an extent. Cellphones should be allowed in the class, unless they become a distraction, which is common for everybody. They are more convenient than computers, but it all comes down to trust. Are you doing what you should be doing on them, and stuff like that.
Posted by red_x 1 year ago
red_x
I agree with both of you to a certain extent, yes cellphones can be helpful if the school cannot afford anything else, They need to monitered heavily. If a teacher needs to show something most schools have teacher computers, or computer labs!!!
Posted by arunsingh1 1 year ago
arunsingh1
I strongly disagree. Cellphones in schools tend to act more like a distraction rather than anything helpful. They can be used as a medium to cheat and also, every school has plenty of phones to inform the parents of any child. They cannot actually help a child to socialize in schools and thus, one of the main reasons to send a child to school is destroyed.
Posted by MackDamion 1 year ago
MackDamion
Cell phones should be allowed to an extent. I think cell phones should be allowed in school in general. I remember my old high school would allow the kids to have cell phones in the halls between bell periods. My friends high school didn't allow cell phones except for lunch. It really depends on how the school program works and whether to not the students are willing to learn.
Vote Placed by CAHAL101 1 year ago
CAHAL101
jackfan0red_xTied
Reasons for voting decision: the last round pro forfeited the round so that round goes to con. Con actually put up a challenge and pro did not make any claims to the debate so my votes go to Con
Vote Placed by secarl19 1 year ago
secarl19
jackfan0red_xTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had no evidence or support to back up his claims, while Con did a much better job in doing so. Also, in response to Pro's claim about what if there was a shooter, that is why kids should have their phones with them, but that doesn't mean they should be able to just use them during class if they want to.