mrstealyogirl
KalleS

should students get banned if they bring marijuana to school?

KalleS

mrstealyogirl

Pro

Most students from middle school from high school get introduced to the notorious drug marijuana.Tell me what you think about students getting expelled for bring this such infamous drug to school.
KalleS

Con

Hopefully you did not mean this as a poll as so many people on this site seem to think it is. Otherwise I accept your debate!
you did not state it but I would guess that first round is acceptance. Since you have not defined anything I will if the definitions I give do not suit you feel free to give your own.

Definitions
Marijuana- Any substance containing THC

Expulsion - The discontinuation of educational services at the institution in question.

I wish you luck.
mrstealyogirl

Pro

mrstealyogirl forfeited this round.
KalleS

Con

KalleS forfeited this round.
mrstealyogirl

Pro

marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke. One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another. Long-time joint smokers often suffer from bronchitis, an inflammation of the respiratory tract.The drug can affect more than your physical health. Studies in Australia in 2008 linked years of heavy marijuana use to brain abnormalities. This is backed up by earlier research on the long-term effects of marijuana, which indicate changes in the brain similar to those caused by long-term abuse of other major drugs. And a number of studies have shown a connection between continued marijuana use and psychosis.
KalleS

Con

Your argument does nothing for the topic of the debate. the debate is not weather or not it is bad for you or should be illegal it is weather students should be expelled for bringing it. also you have not cite any sources on arguments that are in need of them "a number of studies" is by no means proof.
mrstealyogirl

Pro

Marijuana is a plant containing a psychoactive chemical, (THC), in its leaves, buds and flowers. Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug, with forty-two percent of American adults reporting that they have used it.

Despite the fact that marijuana's effects are less harmful than those of most other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, it is the most common drug that people are arrested for possessing. U.S. marijuana policy is unique among American criminal laws in being enforced so widely and harshly, yet deemed unnecessary by such a substantial portion of the population.And then giving this to students is incredibly insane who would do that any way (TONS OF PEOPLE!) basically what I am trying to say here i that Marijuana is a very dangerous drug and if your giving it to the youth to make them go CRAZY and blackout is just EVIL so going into schools as children with a pack of kush in your pocket is totally wrong Thank You.
KalleS

Con

alright well let me just start out by pointing something out.

1)"marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke. One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another"

2)"Despite the fact that marijuana's effects are less harmful than those of most other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco"

1 and 2 contradict very severely...

Con point 1) "Despite the fact that marijuana's effects are less harmful than those of most other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, it is the most common drug that people are arrested for possessing. U.S. marijuana policy is unique among American criminal laws in being enforced so widely and harshly, yet deemed unnecessary by such a substantial portion of the population."

Rebuttal (I guess): there are several indicators to me that you simply copy-pasted the former part of your argument. This to me seems like something that was written to support legalization. You just did not read it very carefully,or perhaps at all. The sentences following the pasted portion are clearly written by a different person and, as I would think it would be hard to find such a poorly constructed sentence anywhere that would take the small amount of effort you clearly put into this argument to find, I can only assume that is the part you typed so I guess I will argue against that.

Con point 2)"And then giving this to students is incredibly insane who would do that any way (TONS OF PEOPLE!) basically what I am trying to say here I that Marijuana is a very dangerous drug and if your giving it to the youth to make them go CRAZY and blackout is just EVIL so going into schools as children with a pack of kush in your pocket is totally wrong Thank You."

Rebuttal: Your lack of punctuation and general lack of understanding for sentence structure makes this very hard to follow so I will break this down one portion at a time.

1) "And then giving this to students is incredibly insane"
R) I'm not sure if you are now attacking dealers for selling to children or that the school system is giving it to them. However neither of them are relevant to the topic of the debate. Just for the record I don't think people should sell pot to children...

2)"who would do that any way (TONS OF PEOPLE!)"
R) the point of a rhetorical question is to have the answer implied just based on the context. Also I don't really think this is true. I suppose it depends on your definition of a student but I would hope that not that many dealers would sell to a 1-6th grader.

3)"basically what I am trying to say here I that Marijuana is a very dangerous drug and if your giving it to the youth to make them go CRAZY and blackout is just EVIL"
R) You weren't saying that at the beginning of the paragraph. and I suppose if you were doing it maliciously like sneaking it in there food or something then yeah that is pretty evil. But you are starting so many different debate topics in your sentences. it would almost be impressive if you weren't oblivious to it or if any of it fell under the domain of the topic of this debate. Also I would really like to know where you are getting any of this information.

4) "so going into schools as children with a pack of kush in your pocket is totally wrong Thank You."
R) it almost seems as if this is the moment you looked back at the title of the debate and realized you had gone on a off the topic rant and, instead of fixing the rest of the paragraph, you tacked a faulty summary on the end of it.

You managed to to make a total of zero arguments against for your side. again, borderline impressive since part of it was stolen from another site. and WOW, I just went to the site you most likely stole that line from and you literally had to click off of a pop up that said "legalize marijuana". I don't even know you and I feel sorry for you. I have to believe this is not the best you can do for the sake of my outlook on humanity. you have one round left please please please try harder.
mrstealyogirl

Pro

mrstealyogirl forfeited this round.
KalleS

Con

right i guess lets end this then.
Posted by kawaii_crazy 3 years ago
kawaii_crazy
yes
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
mrstealyogirlKalleSTied