thomad16
solo2070

should superstars and actors be aloud to tell the media to not look into thair lives.

solo2070

thomad16

Pro

(full idea) if the any story of a person (politicians excluded)is printed or broadcast with out the consent of the person the story is about the media will haft to pay a fine of 100$ the next time it happens 1,000$ then 10,000 ext.

I think that people must have freedom to go out side with out being concerned about an imprecation
solo2070

Con

I thank my opponant for this intersting topic and look forward to seeing the points presented.

P. "I think that people must have freedom to go out side with out being concerned about an imprecation"

R. The Term "people" is very loose, and I must therefor bring this up for clarification. Who is a celebrity? When does one cross over into that realm and get to have, what in this case would be special treatment? (I am lumping celebrities together as superstars and actors for ease of typing).

In the United States we have the freedom of the press, and with that they are allowed to release stories about what is going on in the world today without punishment. Even if the stories are harmful to something. People may not like it, but that is a right that is given. If we say no to celebrities being exposed than we (America) would need to say no to them doing it to anyone. I do agree that what they release should be true, and not false.

The other problem is what defines "press?" Is that just the mainstream media? Is that TV, Radio, Newspapers, and Magazines? Does this include the internet? If it does in fact include the internet, what about bloggers and people what posts notes on facebook or another person web page of that nature? To expect them to gain permission aside from the logistical nightmare going after people who break this proposed rule would be impossible to do.

To require all of the different media outlets to discriminate what they release would fall under censorship. This is a wrong choice of action. This is always a path that leads a society to places it does not want to to. (except for those who are in control) When one goes into the public eye they are subject to them and how they view them. They can not control what people say about them, just as goes with politicians.

Last point. I do think that what is released by media should be true, and not altered. I am only referring to media releasing true statements in my arguments above.
thomad16

Pro

thomad16 forfeited this round.
solo2070

Con

solo2070 forfeited this round.
thomad16

Pro

thomad16 forfeited this round.
solo2070

Con

solo2070 forfeited this round.
Posted by Harlan 8 years ago
Harlan
Well, of course they can ask. The question is whether the media should be forced to comply.
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 8 years ago
InquireTruth
thomad16solo2070Tied