destiny1997
michaeltaffe3

should teaachers be armed with guns

Started: 3/25/2013 Category: News

destiny1997

Pro

I understand that teachers with guns would help and would make you fell safer but what happens if a student like under 11 gets a hold of it even if it locked up its possible they could hurt themselves or even others and that would be horrible
michaeltaffe3

Con

In light of the recent New Town shootings, I am shocked to hear you say this. My school just installed thousands of dollars of worth of bullet proof glass in the entire school. Arming teachers is not a bad idea. The teachers and principals who have died protecting their schools could have had guns. These guns could have protected the innocent children from the murderer. If we arm our teachers, they will be able to protect the school well. The prospect of an 11 year old getting hold of a gun is unlikely. Handguns are held in holsters on a belt of pants attachment. It would be near impossible to sneak up behind the teacher, and touch their waist without them noticing.
destiny1997

Pro

destiny1997 forfeited this round.
michaeltaffe3

Con

michaeltaffe3 forfeited this round.
destiny1997

Pro

destiny1997 forfeited this round.
michaeltaffe3

Con

Okay,so I guess I can close by saying that I think the teachers in the education system are more than capable of keeping a gun under lock and key. Thanks and good job.