debatefox
Fiaavaeman

should teachers carry fire arms

debatefox

Con

I believe teachers should not carry fire arms because firearms are unsafe and school should be a safe calm environment where every one is happy
Fiaavaeman

Pro

I believe teachers should be aloud to carry firearms on school grounds depending on the situation, such as a school intruder or even a shooting, just like Columbine. I believe teachers should be able to protect their students from any danger to keep the school safe just like my opponent said.
debatefox

Con

you know i was hoping you would say that a good debater knows both sides of the argument. there things other then firearms that a teacher can carry such as mace, a taser or even a bat. just remember i know both sides i already know what you are going to say next
Fiaavaeman

Pro

Isn't mace, bats, etc. considered weapons, the same as a firearm? So wouldn't that make school a less calm environment as well?
debatefox

Con

if i accidentally hit my self with a bat in the face by accident I'm not going to die but if i accidentally shoot my in the face I'm am going to die
Fiaavaeman

Pro

Let me ask you something. If there was a shooting in any school, what are the chances that you would use a bat or mace to get the shooter and live? If teachers thought that way, which they would because their only human, what are the chances that they would take action? We distinctively think about the negatives each time a situation like that occurs, but wouldn't a teacher take more action with a firearm? Even if they do use a bat or mace, they would probably get shot, and there would probably be even more casualties then with a firearm because with a firearm though, the shooter would be the one who gets shot. So I ask you this: Which is better, more unneeded casualties or less unneeded casualties?
debatefox

Con

I was actually really hoping you would bring this up. schools these days have or are getting police officers in the school to make sure if anything goes wrong their right their. and they have security most schools around the u.s.a doubled their security after the sandy hook accident. and there is a famous quote if a man has a gun stay and fight if a man has a knife run.
Fiaavaeman

Pro

You say at the end, "If a man has a gun stay and fight, if a man has a knife run." So we have the knife while the shooter gets a gun? I see a definite problem in that.
debatefox

Con

in an earlier statement you said Which is better, more unneeded casualties or less unneeded casualties? 197 people have been killed in school shooting according to http://www.statisticbrain.com... according to http://nyagv.org... in the years 2005-2010 there were 3800 accidental shootings so why have even more unneeded casualties if teachers are allowed to have guns this 3800 in five years will end up skyrocketing and innocent children will die by the hands of there teachers
Fiaavaeman

Pro

Do you really think teachers will shoot their own students you said earlier that teachers could "accidentally," shoot themselves in the face, how many police officers shoot themselves, guns just don't go off randomly, with response time being 2-3 minutes the shooter could do a lot of damage with teachers having guns it is more of a precaution, the shooters are targeting helpless places. Like you hinted at earlier if a gun goes off by itself than cars drive drunk and pencils misspell words. With proper training on how to control a gun, teachers can protect their students safely.
Posted by BasicLogic 3 years ago
BasicLogic
There is a gun that shoots bats
Posted by iOS 3 years ago
iOS
I never knew a mace or a bat was a firearm.