dragon_slayer489
Pandas

should the U.S colonise the moon

Pandas

dragon_slayer489

Pro

I feel that the moon should be colonized, in this I see there being a good way of experimenting with our ( the nation of U.S )
technology in the country.

please no trolls
Pandas

Con

The US shouldn't be wasting their money on something that is beyond their reach. Instead, they should concentrate on developing the technologies that would be beneficial to mankind and would be of further use to colonize the moon later on (in a thousand years)
dragon_slayer489

Pro

To start I feel that the hole world is already looking for technologies that would be beneficial to the hole world. ( look at the cure for diseases already )
Most people have see the moon as a bacon for the world, many also feel it should be explored in-depth.
Today ( this era ) I feel that the world if they wanted to they could colonize the moon or even another planet. ( reference to the movie avatar )
As early philosophers used to think the stars and moon where another set of worlds that held life.
As the earth the moon if had trees it would easily be livable to all races of the world .
Pandas

Con

They have been looking for technologies that would be beneficial to the whole world but they have yet succeeded. There hasn't been any technology that could solve deforestation, global warming, extinctions of animals, cancers, poverty, and many more. You can't catch fish with two hands or else you would lose both. Strengthening the technologies on Earth so that we could live on and on and have the time to invent new technologies to colonize the moon.

This could wait.

It is currently impossible. The large amount of energy needed for the launching of a small spaceships that could hold only a few people is already so hard to get; let alone finding a spaceship big enough for enough people to get on and colonize the moon. Unless humans find new molecules that could give off more energy when going through the process of chemical reactions and materials that is strong enough not to break down after being hit by those energy, it is yet impossible.

Early philosophers thought that the Earth was the center of the universe. Early philosophers thought that the Earth is flat. Early philosophers thought that things will float if the are shaped nicely and will sink if they have spikes or is not nicely shaped.

If the moon have trees, it wouldn't be livable to all races of the world. The moon is approximately 27% the size of the Earth and that is not enough to hold mankind and all other races in the world. Furthermore, the fact that there isn't any source of energy to provide us with heat, light, equipments, and other requirements for human to live and the fact that the atmosphere of the moon doesn't give protections from the intense radiation of the sun can't be ignored. Also, the temperature ranges from -153 to 123 degree Celcius, which is way beyond livable for humans. Not to mention that there aren't any oxygen, water, or food provided in the moon's nature.

http://curiosity.discovery.com...
http://www.space.com...
dragon_slayer489

Pro

As I see it I feel that what the world knows is not all that they are saying to the public
In ways I see the fact of low food and water, but there is a way for power as I see it there is the sun ... pure energy harvestable through solar panels.
Also many monocles that are highly volatile can obtain enough energy for the possibility
One thing global warming is already solved. ( just buy a smart car )
Cancer, Cancer can be cured as there is already cures for Cancer just at a very high price.
Extinctions of animals, there are reserves for animals, but it wouldn't help that there poachers in the world.
This is my end statement from Dragon_slayer489
Make your move

END
Pandas

Con

In ways I see the fact of low food and water,

Whatever the matter, as long as there's no food and water, there's no way humans could live there.

but there is a way for power as I see it there is the sun ... pure energy harvestable through solar panels.

The solar panels costs an unbelivable amount of money to put into its process of producing energy on Earth due to the rare materials needed in order to make them and they also don't last long; easily broken.

That is not problem solved. Even though the smart cars solve the pollutions caused from the usage of cars, there are still prblems as factories polluting and producing green house gas, causing the green house effect. The poles are also melting; enough ice had melted that the average sea water level rised.

Cancers can't be cured yet. They could be prevented, prolonged, or stopped from going into later stages. Howver, fully recovering from a cancer isn't possible.

In conclusion:
The US shouldn't colonize the moon but concentrate on solving the current global problems on Earth and thereafter, colonize the moon.

Posted by Beginner 2 years ago
Beginner
Woops, I misplaced my vote. x_x
Vote Placed by Beginner 3 years ago
Beginner
dragon_slayer489PandasTied
Reasons for voting decision: After having sifted through several poorly structured rounds, I have to give the victory over to CON. The final argument made by dragonslayer completely ignored several problems that must be addressed for his rebuttals to have any kind of coherency (just buy a smart car, solar panels - economic&supply barriers ignored and pointed out by con). However, I would like to award PRO with a recognition of effort. Good luck in your future debates on this site.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
dragon_slayer489PandasTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's arguments were very unstructured and not backed up by sources which allowed con to easily refute most of them, particularly the ones about cancer, trees on the moon, and the moon not having much to support life in the first place. Pro also had issues with spelling in some of his arguments so I give arguments and spelling to the con