Jazzyn4
SkepticalDebatee

should the U.S. take away the second amendment?

SkepticalDebatee
Started: 5/11/2014 Category: News

Jazzyn4

Con

I think not because , no one will understand why... why would the U.S. want to ban guns! That is what i believe that will not be supported by me and I think they cannot take away the second amendment. It is a horrible to leave the community unprotected by the Right to Bear arms. I do not appreciate why Obama would want to why would he think that they will be used to kill other's? It can save so many lives and help us live.
SkepticalDebatee

Pro

I accept the challenge.
Jazzyn4

Con

Well I think it is bad for others because how will they defend themselves when their guns are taken away? What about if someone grabs a kitchen knife and tries to kill you? What if someone poses as a officer or a guy in the army then gets a gun and comes to kill you? How can you forgive your self if the guns got taken away and your family member was killed?

These are things you should ask yourselves. Even if you take away the second amendment someone will find a way to kill others or harm anyone else. Anyone could still get abducted and hurt and abused and you can't do anything about it because The Right To Bear Arms can be taken away by one guy and can kill many more people.
SkepticalDebatee

Pro

This is the second amendment. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." [1] I will argue that a well regulated militia isn't necessary to the security of a free state, and therefore the second amendment should be taken out of the U.S. constitution.

Each state now has its own police force with many sub police forces for cities and counties. [2] How can it possibly be argued that more security is needed? The U.S. is already woefully over-incarcerated, and adding a second group of crime stoppers could only add to this problem. [3] Not to mention that these freelancers could easily be radical no matter how organized they are. This could add to the problem of disproportionate black incarceration rates, or cause false accusations based on attacking certain people.

With a preferable alternative I see no good reason as to why the second amendment should be kept.

1. http://www.archives.gov...
2. http://www.bjs.gov...
3. http://www.prb.org...
Jazzyn4

Con

Jazzyn4 forfeited this round.
SkepticalDebatee

Pro

Another person giving up on their own debate... sigh.

Most of Cons arguments seem reliant around the idea that if the second amendment is taken away people won't have guns. This is false. All that would happen is that states, rather than the nation, would decide on whether its citizens could form a militia and gain weapons. [1]

1. http://tenthamendmentcenter.com...
Jazzyn4

Con

Jazzyn4 forfeited this round.
Jazzyn4

Con

Jazzyn4 forfeited this round.
SkepticalDebatee

Pro

Seeing as my opponent has forfeited I can see no other vote than Pro.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
And just a side note. The Japanese in world war 2 were planning to invade the west coast of the U.S. They nixed that plan stating that they would face a gun pointed at them from behind every blade of grass.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
We should ban gun free zones. The constitution does.I have never seen a gun jump up and shoot someone.As long as the government is armed we need the second amendment.It has been said that America is fourth in gun violence in the world. But if you take Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, and Was. D.C., liberal utopias, out of the mix, we are 24th.I live in a neighborhood where most people have guns.I never lock my door. A compant that sells alarms called my daughter once and tried to seel an alarm system. She told them she didn't need one, everyone in this neighborhood owns guns.
Posted by Elissa_of_Carthage 2 years ago
Elissa_of_Carthage
Here's some food for thought for those of you who support Gun Control Laws: Have you ever heard of a shooting happening at a gun show? Nope. Why? because the people have guns with which they can readily defend themselves. It's almost impossible to stop the illegal smuggling, selling, and buying of guns, but we can counteract it by equipping the would-be victims and/or bystanders with the ability to defend themselves.
Vote Placed by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
Jazzyn4SkepticalDebateeTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Jazzyn4SkepticalDebateeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.