azzy
the_streetsurfer

should the US hold back on helping other Country until they fix it self

azzy

Pro

Thanks for looking at this debate. I think the U.S. should hold back until we fix are problems. How can we fix there problems we cant fix are own.
the_streetsurfer

Con

Hello!

I accept the debate. First, I would like you to list out the problems that the U.S. has that concern you in regards to this debate.

Thanks and I look forward to your response!
azzy

Pro

azzy forfeited this round.
the_streetsurfer

Con

Hello!

Since my opponent forfeited, I will quickly lay out a case.

First, I asked him what things the U.S. needs to fix. He didn't respond. There are many things wrong with America. Unemployment, abortion, debt... As bad as these things are, every country has similar issues. After all, no one is perfect. The thing that the U.S. does have is resources and an army capable of assisting other nations. I see no reason not to help other countries if we have the resources to do so.

Another reason why my opponent is wrong is because of the way he wrote the resolution. He is purporting that the U.S. can only help other countries if it has no issues to fix. This is impossible because nobody's perfect, much less an entire country.

The U.S. undeniably has problems, but so does all the other counties in the world. However, the U.S. undeniably has the resources to assist other nations. Why should they have to "fix itself" before helping others?

Thanks!
azzy

Pro

sorry i didn't post what was wrong with U.S. I have been away. Here are the more thing wrong other then the ones u stated: NSA that can see everything we send if we cant trust are self's then how can we trust other Country. the U.S. had to shut down from are debt. We need to fixed the government the nation government is taking over the state governments rights. We need to stop giving money to other governments that will not give it back. We need to trad not give that way we get something out of it. Its not just are responsibility we are just one of the powers of the world. We need to stop having thees "War". We never declared war. We may never be perfect but we could be allot closer to it then we are now.
the_streetsurfer

Con

Since my opponent forfeited, I don't have much to go off of...

Anyway, my point is this: Yes, we have issues. The U.S. isn't perfect - I think we can all agree on that.

But nobody's perfect and some countries need help. The U.S. is the most powerful country today and it has the ability to assist other nations. Again, we have a lot of issues but so does everyone else.

I like to look at Grenada... They are a small island nation that was being attacked by an evil military coup. The U.S. intervened and helped them and today the Grenadines hold a celebration day to thank the U.S. for its efforts.

So, in conclusion, the U.S. is not perfect - but no country is. The U.S. has the ability to help other nations and spread American ideas throughout the world. I believe that the U.S. should continue to do this.

Thanks!