mr.bestdebate
jonahofdeath

should the death penalty be banned

mr.bestdebate has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

mr.bestdebate

Con

The death penalty puts innocent lives at risk. In the year of 1976, 138 innocent people were put on death row, and taken off minutes from execution. What if all of those innocent men and women had been executed for nothing? For example, There was two brothers, ages 19 and 15, who confessed of murder, but both of them were intellectually disabled. They maintained their innocence since the trial, claiming that they did not know that they were signing a confession. In 2010 Leon Brown contacted North Carolina Innocence Inquiry Commision, which found DNA evidence tracing to the real murderer. Both men were freed in 2014 based on the DNA.
jonahofdeath

Pro

You are arguing the wrong side to what your position said in the description.
mr.bestdebate

Con

jonahofdeath

Pro

The death penalty does put innocent lives at risk. However, overtime, when ways to find evidence become easier, innocent lives will not be at risk because we will find the right person.

With the logic saying that we should abolish the death penalty because innocent people are being persecuted, you could say we shouldn't jail people because innocent people sometimes get put in jail for years.

Why should we allow a serial killing, mass murderer live in a government led, tax-payed (by hard earning citizens of the United States), supplied jail at the expense of the people who have to pay for it?

He isn't put to justice, which is my final statement, and that concludes my first (second) argument.
Posted by mr.bestdebate 2 weeks ago
mr.bestdebate
sure, I would like for you to act out the other side, thanks. I'm only just beginning debate, so I got mixed up.
Posted by jonahofdeath 2 weeks ago
jonahofdeath
You are arguing the wrong side. However I will be happy to "act" out the other side if you want, even if I agree with the abolishment of the death penalty.
Posted by EXOPrimal 2 weeks ago
EXOPrimal
your arguing on the wrong side