Ashby
Z4RQUON

should the full face veil be banned in school or working places?

Ashby

Con

I really don't understand why they want to ban the full veil (niqab) for Muslim women in the western society. if the other women in this society have freedom in what they wear then the Muslims should as well. It is their choice that they decided to wear the niqab.
if you have any objections concerning this topic please be as truthful as you can.
Z4RQUON

Pro

Obscuring one's face in the workplace is unprofessional.
Ashby

Con

you may think that is unproffessional but what about the short skirts and tight shirts, do you call them proffessional?
i wouldnt call women walking around the streets half naked proffesional
Z4RQUON

Pro

//"I wouldnt call women walking around the streets half naked proffesional"//

We're not talking about women on the streets we are talking about women in the work place or in school, and an important element of both of these environments is engaging with other people. If I went to work wearing a burlap sack over my head everyday, such that nobody knew what I looked like, it would impede my ability to engage other people and hinder my ability to work as an effective member of a team. It is the same thing.
Ashby

Con

Ashby forfeited this round.
Z4RQUON

Pro

Z4RQUON forfeited this round.
Ashby

Con

Ashby forfeited this round.
Z4RQUON

Pro

Z4RQUON forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
That article makes many valid points.
Though it is obvious to anybody with a rational mind, that the burqa is socially divisive, it automatically gives the impression that those wearing it are subservient to men, because the original reason for Muhammad insisting on the burqa was to hide his very young wives from the public, thus hide his lust and likely abuse as well, since he did not want any skin exposed.
These women were thus marked by the burqa as his possessions.
The same impression wearing it gives to many onlookers.
A woman who seeks to be subservient to male oppression.

The only reasons a person should be allowed to wear such a garment is in a school play about Islam, or to hide some extremely gross skin condition or burns that could embarrass them or upset those seeing them.
Posted by thingwhatkicks 3 years ago
thingwhatkicks
You may want to read this: http://frontpagemag.com...