kyler117
A341

should the government force people to get std tested

kyler117

Pro

yes this could really help with the std problem. it is a scary fact that stds are the most common problem in our society. i feel we should have everyone tested tell them if there postive then make it a crime not to tell there parners
A341

Con

Now the government should not force people to be tested for STI's.

Should people get tested for STI's, absolutely. Should people get future sexual partners to be tested for STI's, absolutely.

But should the government force people to be tested for STI's? No. Before I even get onto the question of whether or not
the government should force people to be tested there is the question of whether or not the government should have the power to force a medical exam. My answer would be no. I would say that the government should be as limited as possible to prevent corruption.

I know what you will say "how will forced STI testing lead to corruption?". Think about it, with the government in the state it's in (citizens united, corporate personhood, ect) this represents a chance for dishonest companies to exploit the system by getting monopolies on this government sanctioned forced medical examination.

I think a better way of going about this would be educating children about STI's and how to prevent transmission of those STI's.
kyler117

Pro

kyler117 forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
kyler117

Pro

kyler117 forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.
kyler117

Pro

kyler117 forfeited this round.
A341

Con

A341 forfeited this round.