should the homework be banned from schools
Debate Rounds (3)
2) Students in Japan and Denmark get close to no homework but score very well on tests. Countries that give homework have worse results.
3) Therefore the United States should consider banning homework from schools.
2) You can not compare Japan and Denmark to the United States because although they may not get much homework , their work load during school is far more intense than in America, so that makes it even.
C) homework should not be banned from schools.
2) Regardless of homework's educational value, marking it takes up much of teachers' time. This leaves teachers tired and with little time to prepare effective, inspiring lessons. This might be the reason Japan is so successful in teaching their youth.
3) Homework should be banned and teachers should focus on what they teach in class.
2) Your saying we should improve US educational systems and totally disregard homework but homework is a very beneficial thing. Homework is practice and practice creates perfection. Homework is given to students to do at night, over the weekends, during Holiday breaks and over summer vacations because it stimulates the child's mind. It is given so the child's mind does not get lazy while they are out of school.
3) Homework should not be banned from schools
2) Sometimes because a teacher has not explained something new well in class which makes the homework assignment impossible. So children end up paying with their free time for the failings of their teachers. The students grade can suffer a great deal based on doing the homework poorly. That makes homework not a effective tool to practice.
3) HOMEWORK SHOULD BE BANNED and teachers should focus on what they teach in class.
bac11 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||4||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Pro. Con forfeited the final round which is rarely acceptable conduct in any debate setting. S&G - Tie. Both had adequate spelling and grammar. Arguments - Pro. While Con presented strong rebuttals each round, the final round left Pro's arguments standing unchallenged. With the compelling evidence of the success of other countries, matched with the lack of rebuttals from Con, I'm left having to award these points to Pro. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.