natalienordenss1234
Sam7411

should there be a dress code in all schools or just catholic?

natalienordenss1234

Con

i say no because dress codes are lame and dont allow kids to express themselves and be unique from others. also when there is a dress code there is no freedom no will of expression only limits. i say kids should just express who they are and not express what they aren't, i know that it makes all kids equal and limits bulling but i went to a school and that had a dress code and i still got bullied by a guy to day who likes me but the point is that dress codes are lame and worthless.
Sam7411

Pro

Well, first of, I'm not saying that all schools should adopt uniforms, I am here to just to support the use of uniforms.

Lets introduce a basic fact here. Many public schools across the world have uniforms, and for some nations that is standard practice, so it's not just private Catholic schools.

Second, I think that wearing school uniforms eliminates some peer pressure and the focus on appearance. There is no denying that teenagers tend to obsess over their looks and what brands they have then what really matters: an education. It may not stop all bullying, but then again I don't suppose uniforms have anything to do with an obsessive "crush".

In addition, I think what this girl said really rings true when talking about uniforms and freedom of expression:
"If you're really a true individual, then you should be able to express yourself without wearing certain clothing."
Source: Channel One News, "School Uniforms," channelone.com

Saying that dress codes (I assume uniforms) are lame and worthless are unsubstaniated because you haven't provided any real facts too support your case. You even said that "i know that it makes all kids equal and limits bull(y)ing".
natalienordenss1234

Con

i understand that uniforms help with certain things but they all have things to do with"Children's freedom of expression is restricted by school uniforms, because children who have to wear the same clothing as every other child in their school are not able to express their individuality and creativity. We should get rid of school uniform so that all children can express themselves freely."
source: http://idebate.org...

School uniforms don't level the playing field. Not all school uniforms are flattering to every body type. In all likelihood, the selected uniform will not fit well on every pupil in the student population. Overweight and even underweight students may hear taunting and harassing comments made by their peers because of their ill-fitting uniforms. Also, students who may have faced bullying in the past may continue to face the wrath of their tormentors, despite how they look in their uniforms, as bullies always find ways to harass their victims.
source: http://www.ehow.com...

in conclustion like i said uniforms should be banned they just lead to bad things.
Sam7411

Pro

Uniforms actually tend to be cheaper, as long as your school doesn't require clothing like suits. You could continue to wear those clothes as long as you wash them. However, with casual wear, parents usually have to buy a larger vatriety of clothing.

SInce my laptop is at 1% battery, I leave with this quote:
"Having to wear smart clothes encourages children to respect their school and their teachers and behave themselves. This is because of the association between smart clothes and work. Casual wear at school can also make students feel over-relaxed and 'at home,' meaning they don't focus as much on work. A lot of schools are bringing back school uniform because they want to improve discipline[21].

The Telegraph, 2009. School uniforms return in drive to improve school discipline [online] 1 October.

Posted by natalienordenss1234 1 year ago
natalienordenss1234
uniforms
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
just to clarify before i argue do you mean dress codes in general or uniforms?
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
I thought all schools had a dress code...and you know there are other private schools besides Catholic ones?
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Government schools should be abolished.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
All schools have a dress code, it's called not showing up naked.