the_best_there_is
TheKillerExclusive

should there be more guns?

the_best_there_is has forfeited round #2.

the_best_there_is

Pro

Can't wait to meet a challenger
TheKillerExclusive

Con

I believe that our Second Amendment right is a wonderful thing. I am an extremely avid hunter myself and love the joy of killing and processing my own meat, and the rush is truly wonderful. However, if I'm understanding this as civilians have more access to more types of firearms, then I completely disagree.

Right now, if I'm over 18, and have a Firearm Owners Identification card, in Illinois, I can walk into my local gun store, purchase an AR-15, and receive it the next day. The sheer power that we are putting into the People of America is truly ridiculous, and I very strongly believe that these automatic machines of destruction and death are ludicrous.

Now, things like semi-automatic shotguns and large caliber weapons, such as a .300 Win Mag are fine by me. A lot of large game require these kinds of weaponry to be killed. But if you need a $5,000 submachine gun to kill the squirrels in your backyard, you might want to tone it down a notch.

Our Second Amendment Right, the American People's Right to Bear Arms, for sport and self-defense is fine. It's what makes us stand out from a lot of countries in the world. If someone breaks into my house at night, I have a 9mm pistol, ready under my bed in case of a robbery or an attack. However, I have friends that have KRISS Vectors that are used for self-defense. While I don't say it, I find that to be quite excessive. I also have my trusty .12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun in my gun cabinet. I can guarantee, from the bottom of my heart, I could paint the wall with whoever was trying to break in. I don't need to fire off 30 10mm rounds into someone to kill them, not to mention the damage caused to the house.

In conclusion, a lot of guns are fine to own, and can save lives, and are very fun to own. But some of the firepower we're putting into our civilians hands' is to dangerous for the common man to own.
Posted by GrimlyF 8 months ago
GrimlyF
The "joy of killing" has clearly affected Cons ability to reason. He is supposed to oppose more guns but, rather creepily, describes the guns he wants more of.
Posted by Ockham 8 months ago
Ockham
I agree with the other commenter. It's not really a clear resolution.
Posted by What50 8 months ago
What50
Be more specific. Like more guns in what? Streets, homes, or just more guns being made. Please be more specific.