fredman15
vardas0antras

should they have a class that is REQUIRED to take in high school about sexual education

vardas0antras

fredman15

Pro

I think they should have a class that is required to take in high school when you are a freshman that is about sexual education I think that is our young people know more about sex and the negatives about it there will be a decrease in pregnancy and other sexual hazards in the US
vardas0antras

Con

This is a rather interesting topic and without further ado lets begin.
Content:
Definitions
Observations
Arguments

1.Definitions
Required:
"to have need of; need: He requires Medical care."
"to place under an obligation or necessity: The situation requires me to take immediate action."
Dictionary.com
Freshman:
"a student in the first year of the course at a university, college, or high school."
Dictionary.com

2. Observations
The title says "should they" now who is they? Then my opponent proceeds to say "a class that is required to take in high school when you are a freshman". This seems to solve it all however that ain't true. You see my opponent is unspecific. This shall be elaborated in the "Arguments" section.

The word required is in all capital letters. This is done to emphasize the word. Hence my opponent is arguing that this must be done at all costs. Again this shall be expanded on the next section.

3. Arguments

Scenario 1:
The parents don't want their children to attend this lecture. They might think their children are too young or perhaps they want to talk about this to their children themselves. There might be many other reasons which can come from many different things for example religion, family, they know what is better for their child.

Now according to you they must in other words they're forced. The child will learn nothing for he will focus on his parents and if they'll act different from now on. In short the child will go through useless anxiety. Now the parents likewise will feel bitter and discontent. Nothing is learned and many things are lost.

Scenario 2:
The child for some reason doesn't want to go. He is forced and his negative attitude grows.

Scenario 3:
The child finds the whole talk too unorthodox and gross to bear. He distracts the entire class. The child is unwell and the class is too jolly to listen at this point.

Final Argument:
I suggest compromise and exceptions which as I have shown at the very begining your stance does not support. Furthermore I've shown the errors of your stance and all these errors can be avoided with compromise. I have a question to my opponent, would a child go if he wanted to listen and would a child not listen if he didn't want to go?

Thank you,
V0Antras
fredman15

Pro

Put it like this if young people would know the effects of having sex there would be less teen pregnancy less abortions less STD's and less suicide now you ask me suicide where in the world did that come from I have known teenage girls that have had sex and got pregnant and got an STD and people made fun of her and she was looked down upon and she could not take it no more so she committed suicide and she did not know she could get that STD and not just that they also drop out of school be cause people make fun of them rumors get started and sometimes it is actually true the drop out rate is so high in America just think how many teens would not drop out so if they actually know about the effects of having sex there would be a much more benefits in the school system
vardas0antras

Con

1. Observations
My opponent has not addressed my arguments nor has he provided any new arguments. That is in round 1 he said that sex education has many benefits and now he is doing the exact same thing. I can simply copy and paste what I wrote in the previous round.

2. Arguments
Like I said none of my arguments were addressed. I ask my opponent " would a child go if he wanted to listen and would a child not listen if he didn't want to go?". Why force a child go if he doesn't want to ? You do realize that the best scenario is the child wont listen and the worst scenario is he causes mayhem hence others are distracted. I elaborated on this in the previous round.

3. Clarification
I am not against sex education however forcing freshmen to go is a big mistake.
fredman15

Pro

Ok if you talk about forcing young people to take classes they don't want to take then why do freshman have to take world history or they have to take earth science they don't want to take that so why do they have to its like you say you should not force them to take a class if they dont want to then why do they do it all i'm saying is just think of less pregnancy and std and drop out in america if young people just knew more about what can happan to them if they decide to have sex at a very young age America would be a very different country
vardas0antras

Con

I think this round would be best used if I simply respond to everything you just said. Readers please notice that not all of my arguments have been addressed for example in round one, section 3 I have showed that there must be compromise since not all freshmen can take the unorthodox talk without vomiting and etcetera.

"Ok if you talk about forcing young people to take classes"
That is what you stand for in this debate.

"then why do freshman have to take world history or they have to take earth science"
Both of them are not effected by parents religion and furthermore sex education is in a whole different category. No child will find the date of first world war gross but there are many children who go pale from the subject of sex. Furthermore sex is by far the most sensitive and controversial subject that is thought in high schools.

"they don't want to take that"
There's a difference between one not wanting to go to school or take those subjects and one not wanting to talk about sex. Again I must remind you that I have shown that not only do children don't ant to go but also some parents don't want their children to go.

"think of less pregnancy and std and drop out in america"
Like I said before its impossible to teach distracted children and children who don't want to be there, get unwell from the subject, have parents who don't want to be there and children who are distracted by the ones I have mentioned will not learn. On the other hands children who will attend due to their own curiosity or their parents advice will learn.

"young people just knew more about what can happan to them if they decide to have sex"
"happan" spelling mistake plus my previous points.

I think that covers it all.

Thank you,
V0Antras
Posted by fredman15 5 years ago
fredman15
i dnt votebomb
Posted by fredman15 6 years ago
fredman15
ood job
Posted by fredman15 6 years ago
fredman15
people please vote and vote for me
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
People please vote because I may still lose due to vote bombing
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
A whole semester on sex? Really?
Posted by annhasle 6 years ago
annhasle
@ innomen

There would be definite benefits to proper education about sexual intercourse and the risks/benefits. But I would agree and say that the state/federal government has no responsibility to give sexual education.
Posted by innomen 6 years ago
innomen
Any of that is actually debatable. What obligation does any public entity have in providing education of this nature to children or society?
Posted by annhasle 6 years ago
annhasle
That depends on the 'sexual education' though. Many "sexual education" courses teach abstinence only. And then go on to say that STD's are inevitable with premarital sex. You might want to be more specific about the education you support.
Vote Placed by uglypeopleareawesome 6 years ago
uglypeopleareawesome
fredman15vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by Palin2012 6 years ago
Palin2012
fredman15vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by Pureless 6 years ago
Pureless
fredman15vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by fredman15 6 years ago
fredman15
fredman15vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
fredman15vardas0antrasTied
Vote Placed by foxholemanifesto 6 years ago
foxholemanifesto
fredman15vardas0antrasTied