mosesbirdsall
owlsarehappy

should violent video games be sold in stores

mosesbirdsall
Started: 10/31/2014 Category: Technology

mosesbirdsall

Pro

yes it should it does depend on the person the video games don't choose if you kill a person you do
owlsarehappy

Con

I do not believe violent video games should be sold in stores. It has been proven in most people that violent video games boost aggression and bad behavior. I guess that you could say it depends on what frame of mind you are in whilst playing on them. If you are angry then you may pick up on some of the actions and use them. People tends to learn some bad words from violent games and they able to apply it to the real world. Children nowadays shout at their parents which is not a good thing. Students actions change after amount of time playing these games. Violence in school can occur. Addiction to these games can affect someone, and how they interact with people. Violent video games put ideas in a persons head that can really change a person negatively.
mosesbirdsall

Pro

that may be true but what frame they use in there minds but it within the heart of the person to despair
owlsarehappy

Con

In recent studies, "Violent video games, is one of the factors seen as the possible cause of high shooting incidents in schools". Should the games be sold in stores? I do not think so, but if they are, I believe that you should at least have to be a certain age to have access to these games. Some people in the military use violent video games as part of their training. Are those the kind of games we want to allow teenagers and kids to play?
mosesbirdsall

Pro

actually they do make it age certain but we teenagers found a way go around that we use are parents i play violent video games and i don't go around shooting people
owlsarehappy

Con

owlsarehappy forfeited this round.
Posted by nedeo1 2 years ago
nedeo1
mosesbirdsall grammar is not great, i'm not sure i understand him....
Posted by TehDot 2 years ago
TehDot
Where are you getting these "recent studies"? Every legitimate study I've ever known to be performed has shown no link between violent video games and violent behavior. It's just a tired and overdone media issue that comes up once every year or two.
Posted by EmmaWeston 2 years ago
EmmaWeston
Where are else are they supposed to be sold?
Posted by commonsenseguy 2 years ago
commonsenseguy
I believe it should be sold in stores. But only mature people should play it. I have played violent games since I was a kid and I'm not changed at all. I'm not a psycho killer or something. Yes it should. Parents just need to watch there kids and decide if they are mature enough to realize.....its just a game.
Vote Placed by Putt-Putt 2 years ago
Putt-Putt
mosesbirdsallowlsarehappyTied
Reasons for voting decision: There was a forfeit by con. Otherwise the arguments were short, and didn't have any evidence to back it up
Vote Placed by SlovakiaKentros 2 years ago
SlovakiaKentros
mosesbirdsallowlsarehappyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I have been in these discussions alot and i have said the same exact thing. Violent Video Games Causing Violence is only an unproved and an un-acted upon hypothesis.