sg1u
moviemaster

should we engineering babies in the womb for cosmedtic reasons

moviemaster

sg1u

Con

I think that we should not engineer babies in the womb. what do i mean by this I mean we should not try and change our babies in the womb for cosmedtic reasons
round 1 agree to that the debate
round 2 round 3 arguments
round 4 summary and conclusion
moviemaster

Pro

I accept your challenge
This is going to be funny
Bring it on
sg1u

Con

i believe that the baby is a gift from god so the baby should not be changed in physical looks just to make him look better.
Now I will not say we should not change them to save their life. this is all when the baby is in the womb once the baby is out and agrees to what you want you can do it.
moviemaster

Pro

For this debate, I say that the parents should be able to make certain changes to their unborn offspring. These changes include fixing deformities to reduce the struggle in their life and some might say improve the quality of their life. This improving the quality could also be applied to certain cosmetic changes, for example in Nazi Germany, it would be beneficial to make your baby have blonde hair and blue eyes.
sg1u

Con

i don't agree that people who are better looking have a better live. The thing that can give you pleasure assuming having a good life is having pleasure is money. The way you make money is by getting a job and there has been research done that said looks don't give you high paid jobs.(http://psychcentral.com...) On the physical problems the baby may have as long as there not life changing you should be able to work around them with hard work
moviemaster

Pro

money can't buy you happiness. (But I'd still like to try) You say that pleasure is linked to money, so would you say that money is what gives people value. I could take it a step further and say that this link would diminish the value of poor people.
On the physical problems, if they are there and you could fix them, why wouldn't you.
sg1u

Con

I never said that money gives you your value I only said that it gives you pleasure. your value is still intrinsic so the value of the poor is still the same as the rich the poor just may not get the same pleasures as the rich.
(On the if you can fix it why wouldn't you) I think that if the deformity is not going to create a major impact on the persons life why waste the money on fixing it.
moviemaster

Pro

On the if you can fix it why wouldn't you) I think that if the deformity is not going to create a major impact on the persons life why waste the money on fixing it.

This argument comes back to the decision of the parents. If the parents decide that they want spend the money to fix the deformity, that is their decision.

Fine, the fact that everyone's value is intrinsic is my view.
Vote Placed by medic0506 4 years ago
medic0506
sg1umoviemasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: I strongly disagree with cosmetic tampering but there was not enough in depth argumentation on the issue of cosmetic engineering in the womb, to win the argument points for either side, in this debate. Both sides need to work on spelling and punctuation. Source points to Con since Pro used no sources.
Vote Placed by Subutai 4 years ago
Subutai
sg1umoviemasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter Monteray.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
sg1umoviemasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Here's a snippet of the source from con: "The resumes of ?attractive? males received a 19.9 percent response rate, nearly 50 percent higher than the 13.7 percent response rate for ?plain? males and more than twice the 9.2 percent response rate of no-picture males." it goes on to talk about women having the opposite effect. Thus by con's own soucrce there is a connection between appearance and income in life, as the argument largely focused on monetary concerns that is like stabbing yourself in the foot. Spelling was fine, so was conduct.
Vote Placed by Monteray 4 years ago
Monteray
sg1umoviemasterTied
Reasons for voting decision: I AGREE