jay619
DanielJRyan

should we force our children for following tradition or not?

jay619

Pro

According to me we should follow our previous generation
DanielJRyan

Con

I have to disagree. At the end of the day with every new generation there is new tradition which will always follow; we can't keep traditions from yesteryear for the reason being that as time changes some things become "obsolete". For example: A family tradition could be to go to church of a Sunday, but, given the advance in science which in turn is followed by the decline in people believing in a deity the tradition then becomes a thing of the past. Of course, this isn't the case for all and it isn't to say that we should abandon all tradition that our parents upheld but, if it was the case that we held all tradition what's to say we wouldn't still be living in the dark ages? With every new generation comes new tradition (whether the tradition be good or bad, I can't say) that personally, not just the younger generations but the older generations will also have to embrace.
jay619

Pro

jay619 forfeited this round.
DanielJRyan

Con

Another big thing in why I don't think it is a good idea to follow the footsteps of previous generations is tolerance. I mean, if you go back to around the to the '60s/ '70s and beyond you were jailed for being gay, blacks had to use different facilities etc. And, while this it's not the case with everyone, I think you'd find the vast majority of people were okay with this AND probably supported it. But, now we know it's not right to jail a person for being gay, we know it's wrong to segregate people for the colour of their skin and this wouldn't have happened if we'd have just followed what our ancestors said and upheld it as if it was the gospel itself, we wouldn't have been in the world of equality that we now live in.
jay619

Pro

jay619 forfeited this round.
DanielJRyan

Con

DanielJRyan forfeited this round.
jay619

Pro

jay619 forfeited this round.
DanielJRyan

Con

DanielJRyan forfeited this round.
jay619

Pro

jay619 forfeited this round.
DanielJRyan

Con

DanielJRyan forfeited this round.