thehanz187
dtaylor971

should we stop cyberbullying

dtaylor971

thehanz187

Con

i feel that cyberbullying is a big issue in america right now and i wanted to know if it very serious or is it not a problem at all?
dtaylor971

Pro

I accept this debate on behalf that we should stop cyberbullying. You are con, so you think that we should not.

Please state your arguments as of why you think cyberbullying should not be stopped.
thehanz187

Con

I choose con because I'm still unsure if we should stop cyberbullying. I feel like it is a big problem in America and it should be stopped but I have seen some articles that say that we don't need to, so I wanted to know if we should or should not stop cyberbullying?

the meaning of cyberbullying that im referring to is: the use of Information Technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.

im sorry if i did not fully explain my stand point.
dtaylor971

Pro

Thanks. I see you are a new member, so I'll give you some pointers.

Polls section: You go to the polls section if you want to see people's opinions about multiple things
Opinion section: Go here if you want to see people's opinion about one subject (such as cyberbullying) in a more detailed manner
Forums: Go to forums if you have a question or simpily want to have a conversation
Debates: Go to debates if you want to debate about a topic you feel very strongly about.

Anyway, cyberbullying should be stopped for multiple reasons. But since this isn't really a debate, I'll just take it easy and save my debating for more serious ones.

Bullying victims are almost 900% more likely to commit suicide in some places [1]. I feel that point is the only one I ever need to make about cyberbullying. It kills people, and anything that kills people frequently should be banned.

[1] http://www.dosomething.org...
thehanz187

Con

thank you for your information and your answer.
dtaylor971

Pro

You're welcome. Good luck on the site.
Posted by Keikyo 3 years ago
Keikyo
She was cyber bullied to Death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
Posted by DPL 3 years ago
DPL
Please define cyber bullying more specifically. Does the discussion intend to focus on bullying through a system where a persons identity is visible to the public or a system where a persons identity is protected?
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
thehanz187dtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate goes to Pro, as Con is a newbie and posted in the wrong section. A such Pro had arguments. I have to say though 900% sounds dumb, I just wish they had chosen something other than 900% maybe 9 times would have been better.
Vote Placed by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
thehanz187dtaylor971Tied
Reasons for voting decision: since this was not a debate, but Con did not take a side. cyber bullying is not 900% more likely, source interpretation was incorrect