soccer02
pipster229

should women be allowed in the army

soccer02

Pro

yes, I think that women should be allowed to be in the army and should be able to fight in wars for their country. why shouldn't they be allowed? so women should just stay in the house and clean or cook? No that would not be fair. sure they did the in the 1800's but that was over 200 years ago. that's not the way things are now and that's not the way they should be. if you are a woman and you would like to stay home, I am not saying that you can't. I am just saying that you should be able to participate in the battle and things like that.
If women would like to participate in wars and the army then that is your choice. no one should be able to stop you, If you are at a reasonable age. I think you should be 18 and that is just common sense. there is a chance that you would die but isn't that the same with everyone? why just protect the women , if they want to risk their lives to fight for us then good for them. that's just being brave and bold. they are doing the right thing, fighting for their friends and their family the entire nation. you want to help then no one should stop you.

thank you.
pipster229

Con

I see why you would want women to be in the military because it does not seem fair but it is for your own good. I don't know if you are a woman or not and i hope you don't find this insulting but it is just a scientific fact. Men are stronger and faster than woman which makes them more capable in war. "But in one way, the sex difference is stark: Men are physically stronger than women, on average. A study in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that men had an average of 26 lbs. (12 kilograms) more skeletal muscle mass than women. Women also exhibited about 40 percent less upper-body strength and 33 percent less lower-body strength, on average, the study found.

The researchers found that height and weight differences between men and women could explain only about half of the difference in strength. Researchers reporting in 1993 in the European Journal of Applied Physiology found that men's brawn could also be attributed to a larger cross-section in individual muscle fibers. [5 Myths About Women's Bodies]

And a 2006 study in the same journal revealed that men had much stronger grips than women " the difference was so big that 90 percent of the women scored lower than 95 percent of the men. The team also looked at highly trained female athletes who excelled at sports requiring a strong grip, such as judo or handball. Though these women did have a stronger grip compared with other women, they still performed worse than 75 percent of the men on this task.

In general, men are also faster than women. The fastest woman in the world, Florence Griffith Joyner, ran the 100-meter dash in just 10.49 seconds in 1988, and that record remains unbroken. Yet her fastest time wouldn't have even qualified her for the men's 2016 Olympic competition, which requires competitors to finish the 100-meter sprint in 10.16 seconds or less."

- See more at: http://www.livescience.com...
Men also have more testosterone in their body. We don't want women in the military because they are our wives and mothers and we need you to raise families and lead children on the right path and to take care of them. We don't want women to die because you have less of a chance of living. It is easy to fight when you have a gun but you will not always have a gun. If a woman gets in a fight with a man they will most likely lose. It is not that we are trying to be discriminatory it is just a fact and we are trying to keep you safe. ALSO, WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE OUR LITTLE GIRLS BEING DRAFTED INTO THE WAR. OUR LITTLE PRINCESS WHO GREW UP PLAYING DOLLS AND LOVING EVERYTHING INCLUDING ALL THE LITTLE ANIMALS. WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE OUR LITTLE GIRLS DRAFTED INTO THE WAR TO DIE BECAUSE OF FEMINISTS.
soccer02

Pro

soccer02 forfeited this round.
pipster229

Con

pipster229 forfeited this round.
soccer02

Pro

soccer02 forfeited this round.
pipster229

Con

Well..... I guess my opponent forfeited so I guess they lose but I still agree with what i said above. Don't send your little girls to the military.
Posted by Reigon 8 months ago
Reigon
Note I'm sure 99.99% of people support women in the military, there are specific fields that people might have an issue with.
Posted by Reigon 8 months ago
Reigon
I'll just watch Rawk debate this one.
Posted by I_Wanna_Rawk 8 months ago
I_Wanna_Rawk
I would like to debate this, but I do t have time right now. I will in a few days, however.