Yee
simpleguy

should women portrayed as property??

simpleguy

Yee

Con

women are human so they should deserve respect,they should not be demeaning!! without women, there will not have human now, shouldn't we feel grateful that we have women exist on the earth? according to the bible, god create women by using men's rip because women should not be demeaning! this all i know but i know is not enough. i wish you can help me, contribute your idea, thank you.
simpleguy

Pro

I will highlight the flaws in Con's argument. "Women are human so they deserve respect". Not all humans deserve respect. Would you respect Hitler? Osama Bin Laden? A man who killed your family? "Without women, there will not have human now". There wouldn't be humans without men either. What's your point? "God create women by using men's rip". I don't know what "rip" is but I like how you mentioned the bible.

Ephesians 5:22-24:
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Yee

Con

Yee forfeited this round.
simpleguy

Pro

I extend my arguments.
Yee

Con

Of course I will not respect Hitler, he is a killer!! But it sounds like off topic, are you describing women as killer? Why some men do not respect women? It is because they think that women cannot do anything except producing babies. But women start to change, women are powerful now,ex: Tarja Halonen,Shinawatra, etc" If women are not ignorance any more , why don't they deserve respect?? Sorry for offending you but I would like I would like to ask you a question: don't you respect your mother?
simpleguy

Pro

First off, my Hitler example was a rebuttal to you saying that "women are human so they should be respected". I was showing how Hitler is also a human, but that doesn't mean he should be respected. Thirdly, 'respect' and 'property' are two different things. I respect my mother and I respect women, but I still view women as my 'property'. Furthermore, since you have used the bible as evidence I have shown that women are portrayed as property in the bible.
Yee

Con

If you respect women and treat them fairly, why don't you treat them as human instead of property??
simpleguy

Pro

Ah, finally, we get to the crux of the debate. I have rebuffed all of Con's points. I will now present my argument. Con, you're obviously a Christian since you used the bible as an example. Well, you see, not only do I see women as property, I see men as property too. In fact, I also see myself as property. Everyone is the property of the Lord God, because we were all created in his image and given the chance to live this beautiful life - we are all property under his omniscience.

Amen.
Yee

Con

Yee forfeited this round.
simpleguy

Pro

simpleguy forfeited this round.
Posted by Yee 3 years ago
Yee
@Zebramzee
we have debate is because we have different opinion and right or wrong. what are we going to do is to try our best to persuade the others.
Posted by Yee 3 years ago
Yee
@ simpleguy
What "cup" are you referring to? Although you do not hurt your property but it does not mean you treat it fairly like how you treat the others.

All I want to say is respect women, respect their body and treat them as a human.
Posted by simpleguy 3 years ago
simpleguy
@Yee
I both respect my property and do not hurt my property. For example, take my cup. I completely respect my cup and do not intentionally hurt it. That does not mean it is not my property.
Posted by ZebramZee 3 years ago
ZebramZee
@Yee:
"But in this century, most of the people think that woman should deserve respect, even in law."

And in some other centuries, most of the people thought that women should not deserve as much respect, even in law. So what's your point? These debates are useless. They are just based on people throwing out their opinions and using outrage and righteous indignation in place of any evidence. The reason is because right and wrong don't exist. Moral discourse is a joke.
Posted by Yee 3 years ago
Yee
But in this century, most of the people think that woman should deserve respect, even in law. Shouldn't your mother deserve respect, she is a woman too? Obama also said:' a real man will not hurt women' and i think that women are not weaker than the men. Some women even stronger than the men nowadays,a woman can become a president! if women are not weaker than men, why shouldn't they deserve respect? i don't understand...
Posted by Frikcha 3 years ago
Frikcha
if they want to be then there's no problem with it, but if they are treated like an object and it demeans them then they don't deserve it at all.
Posted by ZebramZee 3 years ago
ZebramZee
Why do they deserve respect because they are human? What is special about being human that makes us different from a monkey or a rat or a clump of dirt? Nothing, that's what. Treat women as property or don't treat them as property, it really doesn't matter either way.
Posted by simpleguy 3 years ago
simpleguy
Simply because I am arguing Pro does not necessarily mean I agree with the position, I am simply here to win a debate. Please keep your judgements to yourself.
Posted by masonova 3 years ago
masonova
sexist as hell
Posted by simpleguy 3 years ago
simpleguy
My approach is severely limited by the character limit. Only realised it was 500 characters maximum after I had accepted. Oh well.
Vote Placed by Relativist 3 years ago
Relativist
YeesimpleguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: The debate is very weird. Con was very emotional, I almost felt crying while reading his case,while Pro remained civil the whole debate and properly refute Con's case while Con only asked questions on Pro, as such Pro's arguments werent contested.