cahiya
ChadIrvin

should you be permited to eat anything at school

cahiya has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

cahiya

Con

yes you are alowed
ChadIrvin

Pro

I am taking the side of pro, even though I disagree with the idea of allowing children in school to eat anything. My opponent took the con position, even though he/she should have taken the pro side.

By stating the "we should be permitted to eat anything at school," you are essentially stating that anything goes.

an·y·thing
G2;enēG6;thing/
pronoun
  1. used to refer to a thing, no matter what.
    "nobody was saying anything"
The definition of anything states that there is no end to the collection of things. in this case, food consumption at school.

Should we allow children to consume granulated sugar? Or perhaps brownies mixed with marijuana? "Anything" is a broad statement.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Blade-of-Truth
You need to switch your side to Pro, since it seems you are affirming the resolution at hand based on your first round statement.