Ilona
wildcat101

should your best friend be rude to you at any price?

Ilona

Ilona

Con

I think that your best friend shouldn't be rude but be blunt
wildcat101

Pro

You're right, friends should not be rude, but being blunt can be just as bad, a lot of times worse
Ilona

Con

yes but think about it...
if I am rude to my best friend and he get mad and never talks to me aging that would be bad..
but if I was blunt then I would just be telling the truth.

P.S thanx for accepting my challenge lover boy :)
wildcat101

Pro

But depending on the person, being blunt may be recieved as being rude in itself. And your welcome lova girl!
Ilona

Con

ok but its your best friend they should know ur pet peeves u know?
wildcat101

Pro

well say I walked up to you and said you're a comlete b*tch, would you accept that easier than if I came to you and EXPLAINED it in less harsh words?
Ilona

Con

ok well if we were best friend u wouldn't say I am bitch because we would be best friends... and if you really thought I was a bitch u wouldn't be my best friend. you statement is invalid........ (I think)
but yes.......
but you can still be blunt and not be rude.... being blunt is the same as being truthful
for my final statement I say that its is better to be blunt and explain something then to be flat out rude about it.
wildcat101

Pro

Wait a minute there lova girl, you said it's best to be "...blunt and explain things..." If you explain things, that is no longer classified as being blunt. Being blunt is like saying something and that being the only thing you say, until perhaps someone responds or you walk away, et cetera.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
Ilonawildcat101Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well I'm not sure this was actually a debate in the classic sense. Both sides agreed that being rude is wrong. Now the counter argument was that being blunt can be perceived as being rude. While this is true, it does not address the debate topic. Points con.