karislovesyeww
the_untold

shuold abortionbe legal ?

the_untold

karislovesyeww

Con

Abortion is murder. Abortion is taking the life of an innocent human being. That baby that child has done nothing wrong!! Why take away its right to live to see the world? That is selfish that is unfair and not your right. Nobody has the right to take the life of an innocent unborn child.
the_untold

Pro

I accept this debate. Best of luck to my opponent. Let's have fun.
karislovesyeww

Con

Abortion is unfair to the unborn child. I have seen many people who try to use the argument of I was raped and i don't want that reminder everyday for the next 19 years. Well guess what that's why there is Adoption if your not capable don't take away that poor baby's chance at a life. It was not the child who did the wrong!! it was the man who raped them ,and if it is not legal for the angry father to kill the one who did this to his daughter, why should it be legal for the daughter to do it to the unborn child who has done no wrong?
the_untold

Pro

The pro starts with saying that abortion is unfair to the unborn child. What I am going to prove is that not allowing abortion is unfair to the mother .
Firstly there are two main stakeholder in an abortion
1-The Child
2-The Mother (Who first of all doesn't want to go through pregnancy.)
Let's see what the mother has to go through

1 Physical Pain.
Women have to face large amount of pain during the pregnancy .
a)Morning sickness (Nausea)
2 Back pain
3 Pelvic girdle pain
4 Carpal tunnel syndrome
5 Leg cramps
6 Constipation
7 Contractions
8 Dehydration
9 Edema
10 Regurgitation and heartburn
11 Varicose veins
12 Hemorrhoids
13 Pica
14 Round Ligament or Lower abdominal pain
15 Increased urinary frequency
16 Diastasis recti or abdominal separation
17 Striae gravidarum
I am not going in depth with each one of them you can read it by the following link
http://en.wikipedia.org......

I believe that when a women does mot wants to go in this pain she has every right not to .I believe that the women is in the best condition to decide whether she wants to go though this pain or not .
2 . Emotional pain
During pregnancy their are Hormonal changes in the women .This leads her to make choices which she wouldn't have other wise.She has to change her lifestyle in order to take care of the baby.She has to stop drinking even though she may not want to.She is forced to take care of the a child even if she doesn't want to. I don't think it is justified to do so .She has to put the child before her career.

What I want to say is that pregnancy can be a torture for a women who does want to go through it
By banning abortion you are not saving a life you are putting the burden of saving the life of the child on the women who doesn't prioritize the child over other things.So you are forcing her to do something she doesn't want ,that is to put her career on a back seat ,to go to all that pain .
Next,
EQUALITY
Suppose a women wants to put her career before having the child .She has to take maternity leave .She will get paid paid but wont develop wont get a promotion in that period .While her male counter part might get the promotion .
A teen getting pregnant can't put all her efforts into studies while the guy who got her pregnant can study.If she wants to study and be better than the rest she has the right to do so .Further if she thinks she is not ready to go through that pain she has every right not to .
I will give you another example ,
suppose a terrorist organisation kidnaps a person .You don't know him ,but you still feel sad for him,you want him to survive . But than the terrorist organisation announces that they will free the person if you(out of nowhere) cut of your arms or give up your career if not that they will kill the person after torturing him for nights and days . Now you will not do that even if it saves the persons life(I don't know about you but most of us wont) . Now the government forces you to cut of your arms without even giving you a choice .I am saying that this choice is what matters most . Taking that away is not right.
karislovesyeww

Con

you made very valid arguments. However, There is a choice on the women's part to be abstinence (and not have sex) or get there tubes tied or a hysterectomy (in most cases anyway) however I am also not a fool I know sometimes there is rape which I understand how it would be hard to go through with having the child because of the constant reminder but that baby is innocent and has done no wrong it was the man who did it. So why should that child have the blame and burden cast down upon it and have its life taken away. It at least deserves a chance and if its not with the mother because the mother cant handle the reminder and neglects it there is plenty of couples who are not lucky enough to be able to have kids that could adopt and give that baby a happy full life instead of an early life sentence to death. As for the physical pain. you cant stop that there's gonna be pain just with getting the abortion. Emotional pain studies show that many abortions are regretted after the fact and they live with that regret the rest of their lives and grieve that child till the day they die.
the_untold

Pro

You can't force women to abstinence only because she does not want a child. Wanting a child is not the only reason people have sex. Hysterectomy is also not a valid option for some cause they might want to have a child afterwards in life. Contraception might work .But you can't blame the women if that doesn't work .You can't blame a women for getting drunk and having sex without protection .Most of the time sex is not planed.
Other than this many youngsters are not educated about protection and contraception .If they were to get pregnant by mistake you can not blame them .The girl have a right to put their education,their future before the child.
As for the physical pain the pain during pregnancy is much more than that due to abortion.
Some of the people might regret the abortion but most of them do not.
And I don't believe that women should not be given a choice of a just cause someone else might get that child.
The pro has come again and again to talk about rape and how abortion is not valid in that case what I want to say is that if you don't give a choice to the girl she has to go through all that pain .What is happening is that the crime of the person that did this to her is still continuing .The only difference is that when she was getting raped nobody could help her or stop it .But know if you don't give her a choice then you are letting that crime happen. And this is wrong.
WITH THIS I REST MY CASE.
Posted by karislovesyeww 2 years ago
karislovesyeww
oh well thank you for that bit of advice
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Once someone accepts the challenge, nothing posted can be edited (until they do, you can edit endlessly).
Posted by karislovesyeww 2 years ago
karislovesyeww
i dont know how to fix it
Posted by the_untold 2 years ago
the_untold
I forgot to say that I concede that abortion is murder. No need to prove it.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
The spelling of this debate, may be an argument in favor of abortion... However pro may have a hard time proving that "abortionbe" should be legal, since that's not a word.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
karislovesyewwthe_untoldTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both had proper conduct throughout the debate. S&G - Tie. Both had minor spelling and grammar errors, but neither stood out as having more than the other. Arguments - Pro. While Con presented a compelling case with several strong points, Pro was able to overcome each argument. On the flip side, Con dropped a few points raised by Pro. One argument which added more weight to Pro's side was the unjustified damage that can be caused on a woman in situations like rape or potential harm from an unwanted pregnancy. Con never really overcame these challenges other than by saying the offspring deserves a chance to live. The problem, as Pro showed, is that the woman has the right to control her own body. For these reasons, Pro wins arguments. Sources - Pro. Con failed to utilize sources in this debate whereas Pro did. Great debate from both sides.