ordiwayselene
username1

smoking kills

username1

ordiwayselene

Con

smokes usually lead to death

game on
username1

Pro

Majority of the content of the cigarettes are consisted of a chemical substance called "Nicotines." The chemical additives come to you as deadly chemicals, but their primary roles are getting the users addicted to them.
Therefore, without Nicotines (or other minor addictive chemicals), people are not bound to smoke as much as they would've with them.

So this is the sequence of the "smoking" most people think about.
1. He/She smokes.
2. Nicotine takes effect.
3. For the second time, the person smokes.
4. The person gets addicted.
5. The person is led to death.

One step must be added above, between 2 and 3, that is. It is: Human desire is activated.
Yes, Nicotine affects the human brain to influence our actions. However, that "action" is from the innate element of "desire" that human beings have. If humans did not have desire to obtain what they want, then they wouldn't be affected by Nicotine, consequently not repeating the action of "smoking," and hence, avoiding the death.
This clearly states that human desire is to blame for the effects of smoking, not the action itself.

It is now time for my second point.

•smoke: the act of smoking tobacco or other substances
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

As it is stated above, smoking is the act of smoking tabacco or other substances, not the repetition of it. Without the repetition, smoking does not take effect on human body.

To sum it up, the hazard of smoking comes from addiction, which comes from Nicotines, which affects the human brain, which cannot take effect without the innate elements of human desire. Your argument was not specified enough in the sense of definition of the word, itself.

I'm looking forward to your argument.
ordiwayselene

Con

ordiwayselene forfeited this round.
username1

Pro

I don't see why you have forfeited the round, but since I might have been unclear in the first round, let me re-organize my points for you.
Cigarettes' hazard comes from their addictive nature, which cannot take place without the innate human desire.
From this, it can be concluded that it is not the action of smoking that affects the human health directly, but rather, the elements of human desire that fuel the human to keep doing what might be hazardous. If the act of smoking itself is deadly, as you say, then it should be capable of killing people regardless of the presence of human desire. Again, since the presence of human desire is the ultimate source of addiction, human desire should be considered to be carrying more risk than cigarettes are.
If you had said that the substances in the cigarettes are bad for human bodies, then it would have made more sense than to having said that the act of smoking, itself, leads people to DEATH.
If you want to continue with the debate, I'm more than fine. However, if you are intending to keep forfeiting the rounds, I don't see any reason to continue such a debate, a debate in which only one side is engaged, that is.
ordiwayselene

Con

ordiwayselene forfeited this round.
username1

Pro

I am posting this round for one sole reason - I don't want the word "forfeit" to be on my argument.
I'm just disappointed in your irresponsible, cowardice actions. Why not post something to show your etiquette to your opponent?
Anyhow, that's that, and we are done with this argument. Thank you for "engaging" in this argument with me.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
ordiwayseleneusername1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.