sangameshdavey
RXR

social media does more harm than good

RXR

sangameshdavey

Con

i feel t does not because ..it helps people stay connected ..the world is getting smaller people have to move from place to place for a job at the same time they want to have the same family connection..social media helps them in this
RXR

Pro

Does Social Media Cause More Harm Than Good ?

Students Who Spend More Time On Social Media Tend to Score Lower GPA:

- In recent studies, students who spend more time on social media tend to score 20% lower on tests than students who don't. Thus meaning that social media distracts students from studying and gaining a proper education.
- Students also have a lower gpa, often scoring 3.06 compared to those who don't watch social media (3.82). SOCIAL MEDIA = 0.76 DECREASE IN GPA SCORE

SOCIAL MEDIA EXPOSES KIDS TO GORE, SEX, AND VIOLENCE TO MINORS:

Social media is not censored, thus causes kids under the age of 13 to watch uncensored material, such as XXX movies, porn, violence, etc.

SOCIAL MEDIA INCREASES CRIME SUCH AS:

-PIRATING MOVIES, VIDEO GAMES
-HACKING
-CYBER BULLYING
-VIRUESES THAT ATTACK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
-PHISHING

SOCIAL MEDIA CAUSES LOST FAMILY BONDING:

Students lose family bonding according to a study 2011- 2013. Which students spend less time with their famiy and more on social media. It increased by 32%

sangameshdavey

Con

sangameshdavey forfeited this round.
sangameshdavey

Con

my ooppent told that because of social media people are gettng additcde and stuff..i totallly disagree..addiction is not out there it is in your brain..u need to be controlled becase additction is the state of mind and never about the thing outside so u cant blame social media for u getting addicted...

if hacking is as prevalent as my oppent says then it also highly possible that there are 10000 people trying to hack your account..just imagine a couple of years back when bamks came into existence people did not believe in the person who would keep their money safe...but now one is considered a fool if he or she doesnt deposit their money in bamk..same thing appiles for social madia.

my opppent told that social media makes people bad..when our heart can classify between oxygenated blood and deoxygenated blood then why cant our brain classify between good and bad information.....

my oppoent also mentioned about cyber bullying..my oppent talked as if bullying happens only in social media and not in school..does he mean that school does more harm than good and schooling should be banned????????????
a square has 4 points a triangle has 3 points and this debate has 2 sides but seeing at my oppents points i feel like commmiting suicide

thus i conclude sying that social media does more good than harm
RXR

Pro

'my ooppent told that because of social media people are gettng additcde and stuff..i totallly disagree..addiction is not out there it is in your brain..u need to be controlled becase additction is the state of mind and never about the thing outside so u cant blame social media for u getting addicted...'

Ya i agree, the only good arguement you have in this debate. No offense.

'if hacking is as prevalent as my oppent says then it also highly possible that there are 10000 people trying to hack your account..just imagine a couple of years back when bamks came into existence people did not believe in the person who would keep their money safe...but now one is considered a fool if he or she doesnt deposit their money in bamk..same thing appiles for social madia.'

That is just a bad arguement because you don't have proof that 10000 people are trying to hack my account.

'my opppent told that social media makes people bad..when our heart can classify between oxygenated blood and deoxygenated blood then why cant our brain classify between good and bad information.....'

Ya, i have no idea what you just said there.

'my oppoent also mentioned about cyber bullying..my oppent talked as if bullying happens only in social media and not in school..does he mean that school does more harm than good and schooling should be banned????????????
a square has 4 points a triangle has 3 points and this debate has 2 sides but seeing at my oppents points i feel like commmiting suicide'

This is just a bad joke

thus i conclude sying that social media does more good than harm'

You haven't made any convincing arguements to prove it, so no.
sangameshdavey

Con

do u know the problem with my opponent ...he just does not know to debate..he just puts one liners in between my arguments ....he first of all cannot accept defeat so whatever i mention he just posts some stupid comment..plus he does not know the difference between good joke and bad joke and overall he is a bad debater..i think he is suffering from dylexia so he has no idea on what i say..i feel sorry for him..and i request him to get out of this website if he wants to prevent futher humlition from me and others..
RXR

Pro

Con is starting to become a troll, therefore i win this debate. And by the way the only person who has dyslexia here is you because you can barely debate and provide evidence for your claim. Instead you harass others for proving you wrong.

Vote pro
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
sangameshdaveyRXRTied
Reasons for voting decision: Trolling and forfeiture by Con; Pro's arguments were far more convincing, and while Pro's spellings were poor, Con's were worse. Con's conduct was poor. Pro used the only sources in the debate. Seven point victory to Pro.