staraa
dferreira96

social media is a boon

Started: 10/13/2013 Category: Technology

staraa

Con

"sirf hangama khada karna mera maksad nahi hai, sari koshish hai ki yeih tasveer badlani chaiyae. Mere sine mein nahi to tere sine me hi sahi , ho khai bi aag lekin aag jalni chaiye,"(This is a famous hindi quote.)

Social media is just like a virus which is continuously replicating itself. So Iam totally against it. This is my first debate too. Waiting for the person who accept my challenge.
I shall first log you in then directly hit the notification .
dferreira96

Pro

I believe, that in some ways, social media is a boon. Whilst I see your point that social media does a lot of harm, I also believe that it does a little more good. These are the 4 main points for my argument:
1. Social media helps people stay interconnected with one another and allows them to talk to each other from long distances away.
2. Social media, for educational purposes, can allow students to chat with each other and make forums to help each other with their educational pursuits.
3. Social media is a good way for people to post what is on their mind and just, vent. When people are having a bad day, nowadays, they take to social media to share it with somebody. People were made to talk to others about their feelings, not to hold them in.
4. People are social beings, and social media gives people another way to socialise with one another in an easy and relatively reliable way.
staraa

Con

1)As we generally expect these days that social media helps people stay interconnected but in real life rather than reel one they just made people away from the real world , and away from the their parents . As they like to share their personal problems with their so called media friends rather than their parents thereby a huge loss of our heritage and culture. Moreover they made relations BUT only the FAKE one rather than real one. So we just make fake relations on the cost of real human relations. "IT IS JUST LIKE CONNECTED TO MANY , BUT IN REALITY NOT CONNECTED TO SINGLE ONE".

2)As far as the education is concerned the recent studies had revealed that social media is major factor of distraction among the children. As they are more concerned about pointless comments and likes rather then their studies.

3)Calling social media being a social one is just like same if we call most corrupted persons or wanted criminals as social one. Just recently when I went to a coffee shop I saw two friends sitting together but not having a single word with each other. Can you guess why??????
Let me tell you they were constantly busy on updating latest comments. So it quite clearly showing an antisocial environment.
Nowadays people go to parties not just to enjoy there but just to have mere photograph of it , so as to post it on Facebook, twitter etc. Just to have more likes and comments. So are we not aware or do not want to know that know one really cares what you did the last night.

4) These medial sites are just like a drug. They have ATTRACTION like a WELL BRANDED PERFUME as people generally find difficult to log out.
dferreira96

Pro

dferreira96 forfeited this round.
staraa

Con

It is easy enough to made broad generalization about media sites as the opposition may did but conversely here not. Coming on the topic did but the fact cannot be denied that media sites have led to more number of online frauds, exposure of children to vulgrastic vultures. It is only a matter of time until it has become quite clear that media sites are only ruining our relations and friendship.Its quite ironical as we chat to millions of people but in reality we are not able to talk to any of them face to face.Its exactly said that "We want more from technology and less from each other".Social media is only a mere tool do not make it your life otherwise it may take your life.Its just a autonomous abusing place where anything can be happened and you are not caught.
We people are also egoistic as we like to make 500 unknown friends rather than 50 known one.Why??? Its just to have top rankings on these sites.So why to throw ourselves in a pit of hot boiling water, which is ready to swallow you???
As there are more beautiful to do with our life.So "MEDIA SITES ARE A BANE FOR US"
dferreira96

Pro

dferreira96 forfeited this round.