StelltheStorm
mr1234sharingan

society values Beauty over Brains

StelltheStorm

Con

Why is it that the modern woman values make up over a good book. why is it that people prefer the company of someone of the other sex and why do they have to meet each other in the bed. WHY do modern women rely on beauty to get them through life when the world was made a marvelous place by the people who actually THOUGHT
BEAUTY over BRIANS that is a the biggest load of crap i have ever heard
Challenge me if you dare but be warned I do intend to USE my BRAIN to win this
you might not want to do this though i am a tough oponent
mr1234sharingan

Pro

A good brain is beautiful.

Knowledge is not the same as intelligence.

If a person just wanted beauty from a partner, they could buy a blow-up friend. If they want a soul mate, a creative lover and a trusted confidante, there is no substitute for a good brain. I want a relationship with the whole, intelligent person - not just an obsession with their outer layer of skin. And I would never want a partner who was obsessed with their own concept of beauty. If they love themselves that much, there is no space left for me.
afcourse most People are just hypocritical. They say that inner beauty is more important than outer beauty, and then the media goes insane over beautiful, famous singers, models, actresses etc.
"But not everyone can be beautiful"
If you're referring to natural beauty, then I agree. However if you aren't, then I disagree. Everyone that has money can be beautiful, just go get plastic surgery and put on makeup and you pretty much look like a celebrity.
So to answer your question, "is beauty better than brains?"
I wouldn't say it's "better" because there are a lot of pretty people out there that aren't even celebrities or make millions of dollars in a job. They have regular jobs just like any other average or ugly looking person. Although, I will say that it is generally noticeable that beautiful people have it easier than ugly people, whether that be socializing, finding a job, getting around, basically anything that has to do with human interaction. People have the magnetic tendency to grow fond to those who are beautiful. Not only that, but we also have the tendency to remember more information about them.
In short, my answer is that it's not better. A balance between beauty and brains is the best option for success.
Beautiful with no brains = You will probably get in trouble a lot because of your tendency to do stupid things by media influence. i.e. Drugs, drinking and driving
Brains with no beauty = Can be successful but you'd need to be VERY intelligent to come up with a new idea, invention, etc.
StelltheStorm

Con

I must say that I do agree. One of the most attractive things to me is intelligence. I myself love to read which has made me a successful student at my school but sadly people now believe that you have to be physically attractive to be notice. I have seen it with my own eyes that even 11 year old's like to make themselves seem "beautiful". I myself am the only girl in my high school who doesn't where make up or have long hair. It also frustrates me that all the men drool over the girls who care about there curves. Not every one believes that girls have to be beauty queens, in fact actor Ashton Kutcher believes that to be sexy is to be smart. He said it himself at the teens choice award. Also there is no achievement in being beautiful where as being smart takes time and dedication but that doesn't matter to the world. The sad truth is that a supermodel, who just walks on a cat walk in a bikini, makes more money than a neurosurgeon, who is saving peoples lives. Tell me where is the fairness in that.
So god help me get through to these people.
mr1234sharingan

Pro

being not physically attractive doesn't make you least worthy than anyone else it just that efforts needs to be doubled no matter what others think , afcourse if you act like someone who is better it will piss off some people even though that wasn't your intention especially people who's trying to stand-out using their own appearances, you simply have to stick to the way you do things and be yourself ....and just so you know people who are asking these kind of questions are the ones being bullied, no confidence or simply looks down on themselves
StelltheStorm

Con

StelltheStorm forfeited this round.
mr1234sharingan

Pro

mr1234sharingan forfeited this round.
Posted by StelltheStorm 3 years ago
StelltheStorm
I am Con because I am AGAINST the way society values beauty over brains
Take that fool
Also i am a student so my spelling isn't the best DEAL WITH IT!
Posted by Auxo 3 years ago
Auxo
I would like to point out that Con has chosen the wrong side, from their first argument they are clearly in agreeance with the topic.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
"Challenge me if you dare but be warned I do intend to USE my BRAIN to win this"

You ought to consider using punctuation to win it, too, because if you continue to write like that, you're likely to lose the S&G point.
Vote Placed by TheRussian 3 years ago
TheRussian
StelltheStormmr1234sharinganTied
Reasons for voting decision: In essence, both, pro and con, were arguing on the same side.