Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should Disney Channel be only for kids or can adults watch it?

RedBunnyGeek
Debate_King1475

Adults can watch disney without being weird...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Women in Combat

Schuman8rr
Sniper1576

I am challenging Sniper1576 to a debate about allowing women in combat. I was scrolling through debates in the voting period and I saw this one as interesting. I do not believe Con did a good job in that debate so I would like to have this debate with Sniper. First round is acceptance only. Second round is contentions ONLY. Final round is rebuttals to contentions made in round 2, you may not refute points I have made in round 3. No new contentions can be made in the final round. Good luc...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Homosexuality is a Choice

tschuk
usernamesareannoying

I believe Homosexuality is a choice....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Animals should not be used in circuses.

TheAvenger333
adom321

The use of animals in circuses should be banned. I say this because we don"t realize what the animals actually go through. They are treated with merciless physical punishment such as being beat or whipped and are in chains or locked up for most of their life when they are not performing. In all animal circuses, animals such as lions, tigers and elephants, are physically forced to do ridiculous tricks that they don"t understand. Physical punishment is used as a training method. The animals are...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Is Society Too Concerned About Animals?

Blue_Hood
Midnight1131

I've seen everyone else say that the first round is just acceptance. Therefore, I am saying that the first round is just acceptance. I'm not sure if I put the right position though. If you're confused I'm saying that society is too concerned about animals and it's not a good thing. Yeah....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Racial Profiling

ConceptEagle
paranoidpepper

First round is acceptance. However, opponent may also post arguments in first round. ...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should security cameras be installed during open houses?

TheMajesticDudette
qoioqx

I would like to debate with someone who doesn't think that security cameras should be installed during open houses. Here's my starting debate: People frequently attend open houses with the ambition to steal an object. They find that open houses are good places to do this, for attending an open house usually doesn't cost any money, and is an easy access to objects in the house that is being shown. Thus, to prevent such activity, I propose that there should be security cameras installed du...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Cultural Appropriation Should be Based on Intention Rather Than Race

AbbytheRitter
blackkid

I will be arguing that adopting aspects of another culture is not inherently wrong based on the race of the individual in question, but rather of their intention in doing so.I have seen people argue that, for example, a white person wearing a bindi or performing certain traditional religious customs are forms of cultural appropriation and are therefore inherently wrong.I disagree. I believe it is not wrong for a white person to wear a bindi if they have studied and truly believe...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Acquiring the Puritan Work Ethic

melaniejanehock
Milton.Pullen

Over two hundred years ago, America was founded on principles that have changed over the course of these many years. The Puritans had a way of living that was based off of the bible, and that contained morally strong work ethics. However, after a long period of time and in insurmountable amount of changes done within our society, Americans have lost majority of these principles. This has lead to the suffering of the attitude the United States holds against hard work. This lack of hard work has c...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Same-sex marriage be legal?

parkerwil
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Here will be the basic rules of our argument:Round 1 will be acceptanceRound 2 Will be your opening statement.Round 3 Will be your concluding statements as well as countering your opponent statements.Argument: Should Same-Sex Marriage be legal?Best of luck....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago