Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

This house believes that the benefits of the NSA outweigh the harms

woojin05

Topic: The benefits of the NSA outweigh their harmsSchedule for Debate:Round 1: Pro presents arguments and caseRound 2: Con presents arguments and casePro refutationRound 3:Con refutationPro willingly "PASSES" on this roundDefinitions:- National Security AgencyThe NSA works under the authority of the Executive branch of the U.S. Government....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Rehabilitation is more efficient than imprisonment.

GeminiContractor
tonton17

Currently, the legal system operates using a "trash containment" or "trash incineration" approach. This approach seems to use a lot of money, and since they are throwing so many people into prisons, they seem to be running out of room for people in those prisons. https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform-prisoners-rights/senate-hearing-explores-exorbitant-costs-incarceration If the legal system were to adopt a "trash recycling" approach, there would be a large amount of money saved and...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

In this world (ie. not in a perfect world) prisoners should get the vote.

Tommy.leadbetter
Mister_Man

Impossible to accept, please comment. Could the first round be the case for not alowing prisoners to vote, as I feel this stance bares the burden of proof....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Abortion Should be left up to the mothers

Hlinnerooth
BobTurner

There is nothing wrong with Abortion. It's ones own opinion, decision, and sometimes justifiable. Religious debates and points will not be excepted and will automatically forfeit the debate. Thank you for your opinions and I look foreword to our debate....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Children should not be allowed to use guns in school even with training.

Epicknightmc
Garbanza

Before you accept, anyone may join no cussing think before you act. My debate: Children should not be able to use a gun in school even with training. hats because of a child's temptation, anger, use of weapon, school budgets, PTA, health (injuries,) and the child. Temptation, Anger: due to lack of resistance against anger and temptation in most children, children may shoot at a fellow innocent classmate when the child gets angry and tempted. This could lead to a firefight between...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

vaccinations should be mandatory

khizr
SnowyOxygen

I am going to argue that the vaccination should be a choice and not mandatory. 1 round acceptance only 2 round argument 3 round rebuttals...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Advertisement on the internet needs to be strictly regulated

khizr
jackh4mm3r

I am going to argue that the advertisement on the internet needs to be strictly regulated. 1 round acceptance only. 2 round argument 3 round rebuttals...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

This House Concludes that Abortion is Murder

Chuz-Life
YYW

** For the purpose of screening candidates, this debate should be near impossible for you to accept. However, if you are interested in accepting, please make yourself known in the comments section. **It's no secret that the subject of abortion is my primary interest on this website. I am aware of the fact that the subject of abortion has already been debated endlessly and I have read several of the other debates on this subject - already. That said, when it comes to...

Debating Period
33 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Do use of "profanities" hinder one's credibility/argument?

Mister_Man
Mr.Grace

This came to my mind after finding it is against the terms of service to use profane language on this site. - Does this really matter? I do not imply insults. Insults and profanity or swear words are completely different things. The Wikipedia definition [1] is what I will use. If you do not like that definition, please provide your own. My argument is that the use of profane language should not only not offend someone if it is not used in the form of an insult, but it should not take a...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

The term "Rape Culture" is Beneficial to society

Mister_Man
apb4y

This is all in regards to first world countries. Primarily America and Canada. I tried having this debate before, but like way too many debates here, my opponent left the planet. I will try again - almost anyone can accept. If you cannot, leave a comment and I will decide if I will debate you - I...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago