Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

ALS Bucket Challenge is a Waste of Water & Time!

philosurfer

ALS Bucket Challenge is a Waste of Water & Time!MOST folks have opted to dump water instead of donating money. That's how it works. I'm sure the statistics wouldn't even be close regarding ice water dumping vs. donations. The ratios would be sad.Further, why not use dirty sewer water? Why use fresh water? There is a fresh water shortage in the world! I have water...

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

RESOLUTION: The police should be unarmed.

donald.keller

In response to Puggle999's comment on Tickld.com: "You know what's better than both? Having an unarmed police force who don't even have water cannons, let alone tear gas to fire at either type of protest." Which he then added: "You downvote because you know it is true." Resolution: The police should be unarmed to the point of not even having water cannons. If Puggle666 wishes to accept the debate, he should post in the Tickld Comment....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

It is ok to kill an innocent person in order to save the lives of more innocent people

KingDebater369
AlternativeDavid

PREFACEReally cool LD debate topic from ~6 years ago. I won't be debating this in LD format. It's going to be just like a regular debate on DDO. Good Luck to whomever may accept!Full Topic It is morally permissible to kill one innocent person to save the lives of many innocen...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 31 Minutes Ago

There Should Not Be A Negative Connotation Or Laws Against Incest

TheShadowCupcake

This debate is impossible to accept. I will voluntarily select an opponent. Please comment if you'd like to argue as Con (you can give a reason as well).ContentionsPro will argue that incest should not have either formal or informal sanctions, examples being the general disgust against it and the state laws that are nearly eve...

Challenge Period
22 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

HINDI should not be used in India for its development.

gsairam

Hindi might be the official language or national language of India but my question is why Hindi when we use 90 % only English in almost all the various industries , companies, etc . W use the UK English text in most of the daily life and moreover English is regarded as the global language but still Hindi is our national language. Why? if you say that's because most states of India speak Hindi then I believe there are 10 times more people in India who speak English. now the world calls for...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

"Ladies first" implies sexism

Encore
blackkid

I will be arguing that one-sided chivalry is sexist and unjustified (so I will be Pro). Chivalry: "an honorable and polite way of behaving especially toward women" http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chivalry Round 1 is for acceptance and position. 2/3/4 - debate; round 5 is for conclusions. Thank you!...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

same sex marriage should be legalised in the countries where it is not

hyperthermicreaper
dairygirl4u2c

I fully believe that same sex marriage should be legalised my reasoning for this is that everyone is equal and if you want to marry someone of the same gender then you can that is totally fine. The only downside is you cant have babies and you have to adopt. so the pros outway the cons. That is the end of my first argument...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Violent Video Games Cause Violent Behavior

Nefelibata
blackkid

Pro will start...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The media is NOT being suppressed by law enforcement in Ferguson

The_Immortal_Emris
TrustmeImlying

Pro suggests the media is not being suppressed in Ferguson in the wake of the shooting of Mike Brown. First round is for acceptance. Second round for opening arguments Third and fourth round for rebuttals and closing....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

In Britain, men are discriminated against more than women.

JacobGibbsDofE

Resolution: In Britain, men are discriminated against more than women.Redoing this debate because the last guy didn't take it seriously.StructureCon will start with his opening in round 1, I will state my opening argument in round 2, and the rounds after that will be used for arguments and rebuttals until Con's round 4, where he'll simply say "End of debate".

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago