Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

People are too hard on illegal immigrants.

EliasL
AbandonedSpring

There are many social media posts that are very anti-immigrant when it comes to the United States. I am very against this for reasons that will be listed in this argument.We are all immigrants. No matter how you look at it, the British immigrated here, the Spanish, Portuguese, even the Native Americans. The idea that someone, in an attempt to get away from a lesser country, should not be allowed to try to have a better life is asinine. Please feel free to argue in yo...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

should society be allowed to label a certain dog breed as 'dangerous'?

nicolecrawford15
savannah1006

i am in my 5th year of high school and to pass my english class i have to produce a discursive essay. my topic is 'Dangerous' breeds'. The question as you can see is, 'should society be allowed to label a certain dog breed as dangerous? i need to find out your opinions and thoughts. thanking you all very much. ...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Assault Weapons Ban

paulbrevik
EliasL

I will be arguing against a ban on so called "Assault Weapons" with rational arguments based on facts and science, and not hide behind the second amendment. I believe that people who respond to proposals to ban AR-15's or anything like that with "God says I need one!" or "You can't ban any guns or pass any regulations" or "I need machine guns to fight the government!" to be ignorant. Well, not really, because I can't judge someone I have never met, but it is an ignorant and counterproductive arg...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Should the death penalty be illegal?

EliasL
savannah1006

I believe that the death penalty should be illegal in ALL states (and the world for that matter) due to the fact that there is no crime that should be punishable by death. For example, if there is a murder (i.e. Jodi Arias), and the defendant is found guilty, the government has no right to kill him/her due to the fact that this too is murder....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

should all service user concerns be reported to safeguarding

Andreasmith
needtoknowmore2014

when we work with vulnerable adults we have an obligation to safeguard them from harm and abuse.If we have already had an internal investigation and still have a concern,we have a duty of care to report that concern to safeguarding.Some may say that this will be a waste of time and resources,however who would not report an concern because they thought it would take up too much time..i would appreciate your comments and opinions.I am due to deliver a debate on this subject and would appreciate di...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Human Population Levels Must be Drastically Reduced

yellown
noahrudd

The human race has reached a point where roughly 7.3 billion humans live on this planet. Throuh our own selfishness, the atmospheres and ecosystems of our planet are already altered unchangingly.Even if the current trends are reversed the planet has been irreversably brought to the point where no one can reverse the effects. The global population is expanding unsustainably and natural disasters have huge effects of millions of people dying as a result of this. While in theo...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

People that self-harm, or cut themselves, are selfish and attention seeking

Aralie
TheLadyofTheInternet

My argument is that self-harmers should NOT be regarded as selfish or simply attention seeking. A large majority of these people self-harm for specific reasons, such as to relieve mental or emotional stress. Also, the stereotypes that you usually see cut exclusively on their wrists, where most people can easily see. This is not the case for most self-harmers. In fact, most people choose to cut on their upper thighs or stomach, regions of the body that are not usually visible with clothing on. Th...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Is there a reason why most black fathers are not involved in their children's life?

McCray
intellectuallyprimitive

It bothers me to see black children without a father, because I'm one of those children. It seems as if after the 1970's African American fathers disappeared from their children's life, and I really want to know why. It is proven fact that after the crack- cocaine epidemic millions of black families were hindered. I know that all black fathers were not addicted to crack-cocaine, but it surely seemed to effect all black fathers. Statistic shows that when an African American male is raised without...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

aliens exist

59515
mightbenihilism

yes itt does exist....

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Are needs assessment important for EBOLA or No

imally
keegan

Why is assessing the need and identifying current knowledge and attitudes about ebola an important part of developing an educational campaign? should people be educated about this deadly virus?...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago