Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Did the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists invite the attack upon themselves?

Santa.Shree
Roboman1723

There is a difference between mocking a religion and ridiculing it. Using satire as a tool to deliberately push a religion towards the wall and provoking the radical elements within it, is it justifiable? Every righteous individual supports the FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION, but were the cartoons of Muhammad satirical in the strict sense or was there something hidden beneath the repeated attacks towards a particular religion? Did the leaders who attended the PARIS MARCH in support of FREE SPE...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 59 Minutes Ago

MDMA should be legal.

FourTrouble

MDMA (also known as ecstasy or molly) is a synthetic drug with chemical similarities to amphetamines and mescaline. It produces feelings of euphoria, emotional warmth, love towards others, and distortions of time. Comment if interested....

Challenge Period
10 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Marijuana be legal

Dudeemailvince
Varrack

Marihuana should be legal...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Marihuana should be legal

Dudeemailvince
Ragnar

Marihuana should be legal...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Marijuana should be legalized

Dudeemailvince
kingkd

Marijuana should be legalized for a variety of reasons....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is it okay to censor nudity and swear words but not extreme violence?

Fuzzed
xitost

On mass media, theres this strange phenomenon. You can watch Family Guy where a baby tortures a dog. You can watch South Park where a child gets another child to eat his parents. You can watch the serial killer Dexter kill people and carve their bodies up. It is absolutely acceptable to show violence so severe it would make many of us sick to see in real life, but censor's feel that the F word that we all hear daily, or a womans nipple (which most of society would have seen by age 16) i...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Women have less rights than men in the US.

equalityiskey
theisticscuffles

First of all I just joined this site, so don't expect too much from me in terms of knowing how to navigate around the site and do everything, but on to the debate! I believe strongly in the fact that men and women have equal rights (In the United States, don't bring other countries' rights and laws into this). I will name some points and facts that I AGREE WITH and have researched below. Agree or disagree with each point and state why you do, and if you think of more points then go ahead and bri...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 28 Minutes Ago

Military Servicewomen and Men deserve more respect than average people even if they choose to enlist

DominicGrossi
Master-MOose

I don't think that military service people deserve more respect than anyone else if they chose to enlist. They chose to enlist, often times because they didn't get accepted into college or get a scholarship, or because they simply feel they need the discipline. I don't mean to say that ALL service people are stupid or can't afford college, but what I am getting at is that the military as an institution targets poorer areas to recruit in, typically. I feel that 1). Soldiers by choice who then...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Feminism is needed in America

jessica.maddi123
Canuckleball

Feminism is no longer needed in the United States of America. We have equality among genders other then petty complaints....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Chelsea v Man u

barneyw1lson
Voidness

Chelsea F.C are clearly a better side. Recently beating them in the league. In 2014 Manchester United failed to reach the Champions League (The major European trophy tournament) When Chelsea did At the moment Chelsea are the top of the league and are pretty much going to win it, when united struggled to get in the top 4 all season. Manchester United clearly don't have a regular formation or squad changing formations and positions each week....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago