Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abortion should be legal

fire_wings

I'm going to be doing a short debate on abortion. It has only 6000 characters, and only three rounds.The structure will be that the first round will be for arguments, the second will be for arguments, no rebuttals and whatever. The next round will be rebuttals of the opponent's cases, there will be NO defense in each other's cases. If any puts his/her defense in the debate, then they LOSE the debate.This debate will be impossible to accept right now, as I'll probably...

Challenge Period
22 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Is setting a child up for addoption acceptable?

20hlynch21
pidanger

As someone with experience with this I'm glad that it's allowed....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The death penalty should be abolished

harrytruman
partisan

Bs"dGoogle docs are not a violation of conduct....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Should Transgender MtF be allowed to participate in Miss, Teen, and Mrs Pageants?

genevieve00009
straightup.gong

Pageants are specifically designed for WOMEN! not MtF women. In my opinion, if a MtF woman wants to participate in a pageant, someone that is supporting this should try and create an organization where the pageants are for MtF contestants, instead of disturbing the contestants that the pageant was made for....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Do Black Lives Matter?

tenyoung17
J-Rivers

Everyone knows about all the racial police brutality, about the shootings and the deaths of many African-Americans in the United States...but how do you really feel? Do you care, not care, hate it the issue, think it's stupid/pointless, share your views. Recently, people have been placing tape on their mouths, called Silent Protesting. Join....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Independent Western thought is impossible

Capitalist_Zombie
Kalleth

I will be arguing that, due to the impact of media (all forms) and consumerism, it is now impossible to have an independent thought or a unique emotion. This applies to any person raised in a society where media is often being consumed. Somewhat rusty with debates and I forget some of the good house rules, so essentially just be fair....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Should Plastic Bags be Banned?

mclean.caleb27
TheBraveFart

I'm taking the stance for the con side. The argument is; I think we should not banned plastic bags. Go ahead and place your first argument. Good luck!!! ...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Resolved: The government should ban smoking in public places

ThinkBig
imsmarterthanyou98

Resolved: That the government should ban smoking in public places. Rounds: R1. AcceptanceR2. Opening argumentsR3. RebuttalsR4. Defense/Closing Rules 1. No forfeits2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be individually provided in the text of the debate3. No new arguments in the final round4. Maintain...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Political Correctness on college campuses

Agbonne
Tru2Me

Political Correctness on a college campus has gone too far. I now cannot refer to anyone without worrying about offending them or "hurting their feelings," in some way. Is this really necessary to come up with a euphemism for every race, gender, religion, ability, disability, or mental state? Americans are plagued with hypersensitivity and in my opinion, this is weakening the strong backbone of this sovereign nation. The use of excessive political correctness is threatening the thought of the in...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Pornography should be banned worldwide

ShivamMishra
shp1004

Round 1 - Acceptance of challenge Round 2 - Both sides present their arguments along with their justifications Round 3 - Try to rebut each other's arguments Round 4 - Concluding remarks...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago