Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Do Video Games Create Violence (Genius Hour)

cameron99589
Fatuous

Video games do not cause children or any players to be violent, this is a myth. There are tons of studies that argue the case that video games are detrimental to our society but these studies only see and argue for one side of the spectrum....

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Public Media Censorship should be enforced

TheCiderOfIsaiah
SareBare

I believe that public media censorship should not be enforced. This is because I believe that every single person on this planet has the right to free speech. And it's not just me saying this. One of the articles in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that every human is entitled to free expression. Quoting Article Nineteen of the UDHR; "This right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference." Take the words "without interference", and see how the censorship of inte...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is dog meat consumption really bad and barbaric?

Bryson3327
Exitium3

Dog meat shouldn't be banned. There was dog meat cuisines in Asia for over 5000 years and being a man's friend or not is depended by whether it has its owner or not. Many of the reasons of banning dogs are with emotions. Not all dog farms are cruel. Cows are worshipped by people in India, but we eat them. How about dogs then?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is dog meat consumption really bad?

Bryson3327
Dookieman

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

A Self Evident Fact: Churches Slaughter America's Children for Not Believing in Christmas

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Jonbonbon

It is a self evident fact because it has no evidence to back it up. For Example, Just because they win the debate saying "you have no evidence to back up your argument" doesn't mean that they disproved it, it just means that it has no evidence to back it up because it is self evident. Even though 2,642 children are slaughtered every day since the 1998 release of "All Dogs Go To Heaven Christmas Carol" doesn't mean that they don't cover up and erase the evidence, It doesn't mean that it is...

Voting Period
10 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Having Pets Instead of Children Should Be Considered A Psychiatric Disorder

grandma-complex
TheCanadaBreach_2

I came across a lovely article by our favorite conservative blogger suggesting the most productive thing in the world: that having pets instead of children should be considered a psychiatric disorder. The claim is interesting and I'd love to debate it. http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/09/pets-instead-kids-considered-psychiatric-disorder/#disqus_thread First round is for acceptance only!...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

should we ban helium ballons

Scarrlet33
Sonofcharl

we should ban helium balloons because they can hurt the wild life and they can harm other things that are inportant to the world...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

The white race is the most superior race

What50
passwordstipulationssuck

I will debate on why the white race is the most superior race. First round is acceptance Second and Third round is debate rounds Rules: No personal attacks Have Fun Burden of Proof must be shared between both pro and con....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Rape Is A Good Thing: Guns And Violence Have Nothing To Do With Rape

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
TheGhostOfCivilization

Guns and Violence have nothing to do with Rape. Rape is only when a guy decides (without asking) to have sex with a female volunteer forcefully (normal) and protectively (making sure that the female volunteer doesn't fight it). What if somebody asks me "Well, Bryan what if the rapist brings a gun out during rape or when the woman fights it? prove to me that it has nothing to do with guns!" I would say, No! That analogy is irrelevant and random, When someone forcefully has sex with a female...

Voting Period
13 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Rap Battle with a twist

What50
NDECD1441

This Rap Battle I want to have a twist. Instead of dissing your opponent, and praising yourself, you will have to diss yourself and praise your opponent. Regular 16 bars Have Fun...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago