Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Brotherhood is good for DDO

What50
Youraverageunicorn

This is a debate in which the DDO group "The Brotherhood" is in general good for DDO. 1st. Round is acceptance 2- 3 rounds are debating rounds...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

crime is linked to mental health 3

alicechew
isabel256

Many people would like to place the blame for people's violent instincts on unstable or unhealthy mental wellbeing. However research has shown that this is not necessarily always the case. Most people who commit violent acts, who are thought to be mentally ill, they may be but their violent acts come from a place of displaced anger or emotional issues. In a study of crimes committed by people with serious mental disorders, only 7.5% were directly related to symptoms of mental illness, according...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

crime is linked to mental health

alicechew
isabel256

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Abortion

ANTIFAisCANCER
dsjpk5

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act is a federal law that considers the unborn child as a legal victim in certain circumstances, but contains a provision excepting abortion by a pregnant mother or someone acting on her behalf. However, 38 states recognize the fetus as a crime victim in cases of fetal homicide. What charge might a state prosecutor bring against a woman who kills her unborn child? Manslaughter immediately comes to mind. Too harsh? If so, isn"t that getting away with murder? Is...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Liberals are no less ableist than conservatives,

Arganger
What50

I will allow you the first word....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

White privilege

smurfy101
Youraverageunicorn

Hey youraverageunicorn, I notice our beliefs differ on a lot of social issues and I though I'd want to debate with someone above the skill level of Masterful, Purushadasa, etc. As the con, I'll argue white privilege does not exist for the majority of Western society, and you'll argue the opposite. I understand if you don't want to accept, that's perfectly alright. The first round will be for acceptance only....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Minutes Ago

Should we ReColonize Africa or at least reconsider doing it? (Minus Slavery of course)

TheTrueLuxemburger
Youraverageunicorn

Why the hell would you want to Re colonize Africa?! You might ask , well I have a simple idea which works like this currently much of Africa is starving and dieing of disease , they don't come as well along as we Westerners do , Africa looks pretty similar as it did 500 years ago (Not really I know but hear me out) They still have lots of tribes and tribal disputes in Politics , "democratic" is not what I would describe an average African Country as they usually abuse their powers.

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Necrophilia should be legal

MonochromeEffigy
Bill_Henly

I've done a debate like this before, but it's been several months, so I thought I'd try it again.I strongly believe that necrophilia ought to be legal. I will admit, I am a necrophiliac, so I am somewhat biased regarding this subject. I've heard the arguments against the legalization of necrophilia, and I've heard the proposed solutions to the problems. I'm going to expound upon what I believe to be the ideal system in which to practice necrophilia.

Debating Period
21 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Liberals are no less ablest than conservatives,

Arganger
Debating_Horse

I will allow you the first word....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 40 Minutes Ago

Should it be acceptable for non-black Americans to say nigger/nigga?

SalvatorePaterson
Youraverageunicorn

All the time I hear that it is socially unacceptable for nigga or nigger to be said by white person. There are several problems with this: 1. It's a violation of free speech: As long as you aren't calling someone it or using it in a insensitive or racist way that could be considered a hate crime, it should be protected under the 1st Amendment. 2. White-shaming: Although I feel for the victims of hate-crimes, racism in the United States is on a down-turn. I shouldn't be disallowed from saying...

Debating Period
18 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago