Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

We regret that acts of kindness are made viral

TheShadeM

This is a short debate. You only have 24 hours to respond to the latest arguments and a maximum of 2000 characters per round. Please do not forfeit any rounds. FIRST ROUND IS ACCEPTANCE "Viral" here means news which is circulated widely and rapidly often through social media like Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter etc. Looking forward to a good debate :)...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 27 Minutes Ago

We should feed the homeless cats.

What50

Look people are fine eating millions of cows,pigs,and even chicken. So why not cats? We defiantly have a surplus of stray cats hunting and killing birds freely. So why not use the stray cats and feed them to the homeless? I would love to hear your cat recipes in the comments....

Challenge Period
25 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Abortion

TeenDebater0236
Swindenland

Whether or not you're a religious person, abortion is wrong in all ways. Recently, I wrote an Argumentative Essay about abortion. I am stunned by all the evidences that it is wrong. The common argument, "It's the woman's body, she has the right to choose", is scientifically wrong. Every cell of the mother's tonsils, appendix, heart, and lungs shares the same genetic code. The unborn child also has a genetic code, distinctly different from his mother's. Every cell of his body is uniquely his, eac...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Legalisation of Weed: Another Big Mistake

bfkennedy
Dantheman828

While typically, I am pro legalisation of marijuana, in this debate I want to challenge myself and take the stance of anti-legalisation. Considering when arguing for the notion that legalisation would be more beneficial to our society, usually alcohol is brought up in the context that it is more dangerous than and kills many times more people than weed does. Now before I get into that, one of the other main issues here is opioid addiction. The high rise in addiction, not just worldwide, but...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Farming animals should be illegal

nil29
Eutropios1

I am for animal farming being illegal purely because of the detrimental environmental effects. It is the largest contributor towards global warming and environmental companies aren't doing anything about it. Due to animal agriculture, by 2050, Co2 emissions will have increased by 80%. It's destroying our planet and I can't understand why people are okay with this just because meat is 'tasty'. The amount of water that goes into a making one burger is 6000 litres. Think about how ridiculous the co...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

'Trigger Warnings' stifle debate

benjaminhunt
QueenDaisy

" Safe spaces and trigger warnings are being used as a cudgel to promote homogenous thinking and curb dissent in higher academia. College is supposed to be about learning, about perspective, and the free exchange of ideas. Confronting an opinion or worldview that you may not share, or may not have considered is NECESSARILY uncomfortable. This whole notion that anything that would make you uncomfortable needs a trigger warning, or creating physical areas for thought bubble in "safe spaces" is no...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should Churched Be Bombed?

SuperTrooper44
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

no because no...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Should children have the same freedom as adults?

emotioncloudsjudgement
Shadyy

The society that we live in has certainly changed since I was born in 2001. Young people have become more outspoken on issues concerning bullying, mental health, [exam] stress, and many, many more. However I find most circle around the issue of racism, immigration, social justice (including feminism), and the LGBTQ+ community. All of these I find are very emotional and 'tug at your heartstrings' - surely you must've seen charities that depict starving African children, tears rolling down their c...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Necrophilia should be legal

MonochromeEffigy
Jammie

I strongly believe that necrophilia ought to be legal. I will admit, I am a necrophiliac, so I am somewhat biased regarding this subject. I've heard the arguments against the legalization of necrophilia, and I've heard the proposed solutions to the problems. I'm going to expound upon what I believe to be the ideal system in which to practice necrophilia. To begin with, allow people the option to leave their body to necrophilia. Once someone has decided to leave their body to necrophilia, they...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should we streamline students based on their exam results

NDECD1441
Hamza_mazin

This is a school related subject. Should we streamline them based on their exams? 1st round is acceptance, 2nd round arguments and 3rd round is rebutals. Good luck....

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago