Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The US should decriminalize drugs

bluesteel

The Contender should begin arguing in Round 1 and post "no round as agreed" in the final round, giving both sides two total rounds....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Should abortion be illegal?

rstreeter13
Lauraknutson20

I believe abortion should be illegal...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Should Diabetic Scum be destroyed?

Slut_Biscuit
Support_me

I think we should start a lynching against the trash that is diabetes, they binge themselves with food until their nothing but fat slobs dying on the couch....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Ireland should rejoin the United Kingdom in 2015

AmericaTheFatherland
CullenWoodward

Ireland and Britain has similar values and cultures and its silly for the British Isles to be divided....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Straight marriage should be legal.

TheodoretheMan
Apple7

Definition of straight marriage in this sense: the legal unity between a man and a woman. Excuse spelling please as I just broke my dominant arm, and am typing rather slowly. On to the debate. (Religion is not included in the debate) I believe straight marriage should be legal because (1) it is natural for a man and woman to be together. From the beginning of civilization they have been wanting to be mutually connected or, in today's terms, married. 2. Deducting from genitalia and genitalia func...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Are girls more than a distraction at school?

alyssbu
Credence

Girls should be allowed to wear whatever they want to school, as long as its not showing their, yano. We are telling society that " boys will be boys " and they will check girls out. Why should girls be punished for wearing what they like to wear? Boys are the ones that should be reprimanded for being boys! As long as girls aren't wearing bikinis, why not? If the shorts are above their fingertips, and those shorts are some of the only shorts their families can afford, how is it fair for them to...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

We should institute "Artificial" Selection for the betterment of the human race.

jcv999
Credence

To begin, I would like to elaborate on the topic. I believe that the bottom percentile of the population should be removed from the gene pool for the betterment of the human race. If this occurs, many beneficial results will be achieved. First of all, this will obviously control the population. This will benefit the environment and reduce the general strain that humans are putting on the earth. Removing the bottom percentiles will cause the "better" part of the...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Racism reflects the truth

Credence
JayConar

I do not agree that racism is morally right, but it is founded upon the truth. I will use African Americans as an example. One may believe that a person having black skin is also lazy, aggressive, poor or stupid. In fact a person having black skin may in fact be lazy, aggressive, poor, or stupid. It is also true that a person having white skin may in fact be lazy, aggressive, poor, or stupid. The point I'm trying to make is that it is not the color of the skin that causes one to be la...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is Rasicm a real problem?

justin_cyfairdebate
Beginner

Racism today isn't a real problem, sure every now and then an african american gets shot by a white cop andthere are riots in the streets. But now minorities have the same abilities as whites. In fact many colleges accept more minorities then whites. Now today people dont care about diviserty. The only reason there are "hate crimes" is due to illicit behavior. How many times do you hear about minorities killing someone or doing drugs and getting caught. The thing is its not only one race anymore...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should New Zealand Change It's Flag?

Kylar
Ulysses.Hood

Greetings everyone it's Kylar. I would like to bring up a very interesting topic to debate someone about. As some of you may know, New Zealand's Prime Minister has announced that there will be a referendum in late 2015 on whether the flag should be changed. I love studying vexiology-the study of flags and so this is pretty significant as far as flags are concerned. I am adopting the pro viewpoint for this debate, and I'll tell you why. 1. The New Zealand flag is very similar to Australia's and...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago