Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Privacy is no Illusion

Rhinoak15

I believe Privacy is NOT an illusion, and I'm here to prove it. 1st Round - Intro/Acceptance/Ground Rules 2nd Round - Base Arguments 3rd/Final Round - Ending Statements/Answering Rules: No copyrighting others work. No Trolling. Have Fun! :D...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 30 Minutes Ago

Should students wear uniforms to school??

thinker54

PEOPLE WHO SAY NO ARE THE ONES HAVING PROBLEMS IN LIFE SO THINK TWICE AT LEAST THRICE AND A THINKING FURTHER THEN YOU TOO CAN CHANGE THIS VIEW.. I AM A STUDENT AND EVEN IM NOT UP TO THE STANDARDS OF MY FRIENDS I HAVE A HOUSE WHICH IS 3x IN SIZE SMALLER AND I CANT AFFORD CLOTHES,IF I KEEP ON WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES THEN THEY WILL START NOTICING ME AND LAUGH.UNIFORMS ARE A VERY GOOD THING IT DEVELOPS THE CHILD'S DISCIPLINE OF TUCKING IN THE SHIRT. IF WE WEAR OWN CLOTHES HOW WILL THE POOR GET...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 40 Minutes Ago

Resolved: It's Time To Give America Its Balls Back

jamccartney

Resolved: It's time to give America its balls back! Since the post-World War II era began, American society has become increasingly soft and decadent. People require safe spaces so that they are not "offended." Weapons are being banned left and right, leaving people defenseless to the very real threat of an attack. Increasingly fewer people people know basic survival skills. People are afraid of hard work and taking initiative in their own lives. The government is getting bigger and people ar...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

In the United States, private ownership of handguns ought to be banned.

Rosalie

Resolved: "In the United States, private ownership of handguns ought to be banned."Definitions:[1] Private ownership- anything that is owned by a person or entity.

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Should We Focus Less On The Environment?

Reevesy
Natosomething

Recently I came across a YouTube video entitled, "Dear Future Generations: Sorry." In this video, we hear a man speak of all the detriment that we humans do to the environment. He makes comments such as "perhaps we should focus less on ISIS and more on how fast the ice is melting." And while I do believe that the environment is a valid issue in modern day America (as well as many other 1st world countries), I stand firm in my belief that we cannot fix our planet until we fix the people on it fir...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Should everybody be Politicly Correct?

CptCarnivore999
Whitebark

There is always some red-neck sitting in his trailer talking about how god is great and gays will go to hell and, then you have other people who are fine with saying African American or Black or homosexual or gay. I think we should it boosts emotional stature and makes our society seem like we are classier and that, we like everybody for who they are. It also would boost economy as certain people wouldn't be banned from places and people would shop at certain places that they used to not feel sa...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Gun Control in the US

Embracethecringeboi
Shreked4Lyfe

I issue a challenge to Shreked4Lyfe so we can argue about a topic that doesn't relate to us. First round is for acceptance, the rest for debate Let the games begin and good luck....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

United States Public Schools Ought to Require Mental Health Testing for its Students

klaralein
Orose_Khan

I affirm the resolution that Mental Health Testing Ought to be Required for United States Public Schools. Mental health has become an unaddressed pandemic. School shootings, specifically that of Columbine in which the Eric Harris is considered an undiagnosed psychopath and Dylan Klebold is considered an undiagnosed depressive. Mrs. Klebold even published a book on the topic of mental health in schools, wit...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Gay Marriage

missbailey8
Teekee

I'll be arguing for gay marriage, while my opponent must argue against gay marriage. Structure: Round 1 - Opening Statements from Pro Round 2 - Rebuttals from Con, Defense from Pro Round 3 - Opening Statements from Con, Rebuttals from Pro Round 4 - Defense from Con, Pro Must Waive Rules: 1) No hate speech/ slander 2) No kritkiks 3) No plagiarism 4) No new arguments in final round 5) Please use citations 6) No forfeiture 7) No trolls Voting Rules: 1) Vote Convincing Argument...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Undertale is overrated, feminism is useless to society, and white privilege is not a thing

Cool_Cat_Loves_You
Urke

Get triggered...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago