Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Effect of new channels on society

sreekanth97

I suggest that introducing new TV channels in media is effect on society....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Drug Legalization

PaletJack
lannan13

Drugs should be legal. In Portugal, the decriminalization of drugs has decreased use (1). In Colorado, Marijuana legalization has decreased use, and has generated Millions in tax revenue. Drugs only harm the person using them, so it should be their choice to use drugs. It's a victimless crime, and arresting somebody for it is unfair....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Abolishing Teen Talaq...

het27shah
CantThinkOfANewUsername

There is a serious issue in India only in Muslim community that is Teen Talaq.. So lets have a debate on such a serious topic.....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Koch Brothers have secretly funded climate change deniers.

Stupidape

I find the funding of churches to promote climate change particular insidious and evil. That's as bad as Satan. Sources0. http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global-warming/climate-deniers/koch-industries/1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKm89eVhoE...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Donald Trump's child rape case allegations are credible.

Stupidape
wv1121

The new child rape allegations against Donald Trump are credible. First and foremost the plaintiff has an witness. [0] Donald Trump has been accused by his ex-wife, Ivana of raping her. Jill Harth accused Trump of sexual assault. Selina Scott accused Trump of stalking her.Top this off with Trump being an overt misogynist. Since misogyny and sexual assault are linked, Trump is at more likely to commit sexual assault. [1]"“The first reason, and this is...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Minutes Ago

Resolved: Gun Ban in the US

fire_wings

IntroductionIt's been around 1 month since I debated a gun debate, and I like doing this topic, so I will be doing it right now. This debate will be closed for now, because I will start the debate after my vacation, which will be under 1 week later. So if you want to accept this debate, say in the comments if you...

Challenge Period
111 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

We should judge religions by empyrical evidence in lieu of religious texts.

Stupidape
ritchie.mg

Intro, I have had several frustrating debates on how to judge a religion. Is this religion warlike or peace like? Is it cruel to animals or not? Is it overall good or evil? Here is the latest debate. [0] These debates are annoying because it feels like we are completely missing each other. My opponent calls all my empirical evidence red herrings. I contend that empirical evidence of the followers of the religion is the only way to decipher the attitudes and values of a religion. That relig...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

DDOlympic: Abortion should be illegal

fire_wings
Bob13

PrefaceI thank Bob in advance for selecting this topic with me. He desired to debate this, when I didn't, but this was the only topic we could do. This is for the DDOlympic single debate's tourney, and it is round 1. The topic is abortion. My opponent needs to say that abortion is illegal, and should be banned...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Black People and Sports : A Generic inheritance from Slavery

overthemountains
IcyCream

We have all noticed in major sports, from then till now, that the greatness of our most dominant people, preferable the selective few with astronomical strength, agility, endurance, and other athletic abilities are among the dark-skinned people of the everyday society. The considering factor that once so long ago, people of the African decent were slaves. They were mistreated and subjected to work rigorously for over a century. The most successful were the ones that strived to be a better wor...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Was my opinion question "sexist"

Skinnyp
Foodiesoul

Round 1- Acceptance Round 2-arguement Round 3-rebuttal Round 4- closing statement...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago