Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

The Reid technique should no longer be used in police interrogations

Wylted

5,000 characters. The resolution is what it is. If you know what the Reid technique is, you qualify for the debate, if not fvck off. First round is for acceptance, but if you want to argue immediately, go ahead. If you argue in round one, please skip the last round, failure to refrain from debating in the last round should result in loss of debate, as it's such a significant disadvantage for me that a mere conduct point is not enough to overcome it. Miss medic left an explanation for the Reid...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 34 Minutes Ago

This house supports the Jury system

damonios99
pinkypie671

The jury system depends too much on the juries. The main problem of this phenomenon is that the lawyers hire people who gather information on these juries. One shouldn"t oversight the fact that these hired people create a list of characteristics and personality of the juries. Then, the lawyers make a speech that would curry favor to the juries. Apparently, this kind of trial that involves cheating is not fair....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Veganism

bestias
tejretics

Simply, why do some people kill animals for food?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Hunting should be banned.

Fletch290
brianjustin3709

Title says it all, in light of the Cecil story, I am curious as to what some of your opinions are so feel free to comment in the comments section if you wish! Rules:1. Pro must argue that a total ban should be put on hunting in America, not just trophy hunting. R1 Acceptance and argument for ProR2 and is yours to do with as you wishR3 Pro must forfeit (so that both pro and con get even amount of rounds.)R4 You may u...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Prostitution do more harm than good

dian_kencanasari
ax123man

I believe that prostitution do more harm than good. Prostitution definiton is any kind of sex that needs money in return. My arguments basically lie on these 3 things : 1. Prostitution is bad for the health for every parties involved. The chance to get infected by STDs will be higher upon how often you have sex. Also prostitution is done without fully concent by every parties. The consent is fake. every parties needs to find their partner is secured from STD, but without medical check...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Should cell phones and music (headphones in ears) be banned from high schools?

DrumGuy18
dian_kencanasari

I do NOT believe that this should be banned. For one particular reason, it adheres my learning and safety if i do not have music, or a cellphone. You may proceed with your argument....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Feminist Movement is outdated

dian_kencanasari
dsjpk5

The American feminist movement"s main goal was to grant white women with the right to vote, hold property, and have equal rights to their male white counterparts. Mission accomplished. Feminism was not originally created for anyone other than white females, seeing how the movement started well before 1965, the year when African-American men and women were finally given the real right to vote. The first and most important problem with the "feminist" movement comes in the name itself. The de...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

I Am A Cordial And Respectful Man

provideoman123
RaymondCrichton

Hello to all, I am known as provideoman123, a cordial and respectful man. I am the paragon of respectfulness, as shown by my professionalism and humbleness. I am a man of superior intelligence, and I am an expert on many topics, including cordiality and respect. My debates and comments are one of the most civil on this site, a stark contrast to the barbaric and rude comments that have been attacking my name. I always show self restraint and insight and I am always considerate to other people. I...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Homosexuality.

HermanGomez95
theworldhasgonemad

Showing deeply anti-homosexual beliefs, my opponent, should they choose to accept the debate, will argue with me about the many facets of homosexuality. To make a long story short, this debate will focus on why homosexuality should, or should not be accepted. While informal, the debate is still very much rooted in the form of substantiated arguments, therefore, the seven point system is still unharmed. Because...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Resolved: The United States Should Adopt an Open Border Policy

16kadams
RoyLatham

== Voting == Select winner, 3k ELO, 2 week voting period== Structure == 10k characters. 71 hours to argue. 4 rounds.

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago