Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Murder is Okay under all circumstances

mostlogical
Capitalistslave

I will argue that murder is okay under all circumstances Murder definition: the premeditated killing of one human being by another. Rules: Con must answer the following two questions in round 1 otherwise the debate will not continue and I win 1) Do you think the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few? 2) Do most people believe the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few? Good luck Con, I look forward to having this debate...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Murder is Okay

mostlogical
paintballvet18

I will argue that murder is okay i.e. acceptable Murder definition: the premeditated killing of one human being by another. Rules: Con must answer the following two questions in round 1 otherwise the debate will not continue and I win 1) Do you think the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few? 2) Do most people believe the lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few? Good luck Con, I look forward to having this debate...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Circumcision, unless used for medical or religious reasons, ought to be banned.

Xenoth
davvv

I will be arguing that circumcision ought to be banned with the exceptions of religion or medical reasons. Rules: [1] No trolling [2] Be civil [3] Try not to use logical fallacies [4] If you need extra time or want to continue this debate, message me. [5] You have to answer in 72 hours in order to prevent bugs. [6] You have a max of 10,000 characters. If you need more, put your argument on a Google document and submit that as your argument. Format: Round 1 - Opening statements Roun...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Circumcision on minors without medical necessity is mutilation and should be banned:

TheMarketLibertarian
Sinque

The resolution is that the circumcision of a minor unless out of medical necessity is genital mutilation and should be banned. Definitions:Genital Mutilation:"The removal of all or part of the genital organs."Circumcision:"The removal of the foreskin. (part of the genital organs)"...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Cosmetic surgery should be legal

tejretics

Comment if interested. Acceptance without my permission is a loss, and gives me the right to have the debate reset by Airmax. First round is for acceptance. No new arguments in the final round. BOP is shared....

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

We should have a purge once every year

What50
jonathonave

I believe we should have a purge once a year. Round 1 will be acceptance. Round 2 and 3 are debating rounds. Keep it civil guys. I don't want this to a mud slinging shouting match....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Free gun rights

sskiller55
evil_monkey_god

gun rights are the american backbone, (“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”) (the 2nd ammendment) guns are more often used in defense than to blindly kill...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should parents monitor internet use for teens?

ATCS
Killerthesun

I believe parents should not monitor their children when they are on the Internet. They have to "grow" and develop their social skills. (yes i do believe that it is social skills on social media) The trust is also another factor in this, parents need to trust their kids before their kids trust them. so far this is my belief. can you convince me different?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

We should have segregated prisons based on race.

What50
Mikalisgay

This is a debate weather we should have segregated prisons. Segregation: The act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/segregation Prison: A building where criminals are kept as a punishment http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/prison Round one will be acceptance. Begin debating round 2 and 3. No ad hominem Keep it civil guys....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

domestico violence against women should prevented by addressing male's psychological attitude

Andrea75
Mharman

it's well know that high percentage of women suffer from domestic violence. many studies has been conducted trying to focus on the causes of this violence. all these studies identified the risk factors in the attitude of male to maintain power and control. but the conventional approach to this problem is to punish Male's violence once the abuses already occurred. from my point of view it should be more useful to intervene by applying a psychological analysis to male who are usually at high risk...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago