Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Are there really more than 2 genders (excluding hermafrodites etc.)?

brycecook12

People have made up genders and sexualities that don't exist, like it or not you are either male or female. Sexualities do get a bit fuzzier but not by much; this is the one I don't really get, there can only be Straight, gay, and bisexual right?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 42 Minutes Ago

philosemitism

micromanagedbehavior

My love is for philosemitism-jewish art,culture,cuisine and israel. However, people argue that america has a philosemitism problem - in law enforcement, media, and politics. I think it derives from a century's old conspiracy theory of jews being above the law and subliminally ruling america. People argue however that philosemitic bias allows jews to be above the law and allows them special privileges-a key to the city privilege. that people are afraid to testify or report jews to authorities whe...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Transgendered people are mentally ill

Capitalistslave
salaud

I mean no disrespect for people who are transgender, but it is important to recognize facts of the matter. Similarly, people with depression are mentally ill, so it is important to recognize this and get it treated. Unfortunately, there's a stigma that mental illness is a terrible thing that is used as an insult, I do not mean it in this way and I reject the stigma. I'm going into psychiatry myself, so I definitely do not agree with the stigma that mental illness is insul...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Pedophiles should not be stigmatized as much as they are

Capitalistslave
Jammie

I will be challenging Jammie to debate this topic.Rules of this debate:1) I think burden of proof would lie on con for this one, to be honest, as they need to prove why pedophiles deserve to be stigmatized. It should be obvious that no one deserves a stigma unless there's a reason for it, so con needs to provide this reason. Thus, con should open up with main arguments in round 1. Since I am not using round 1 for debate, they should waive round 4 to keep the deb...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Feminism should not have been created in the beginning.

InkyBunny
BrendanD19

I know what you're thinking. I sound crazy. Why on earth with me, a girl wish that feminism wasn't born in the first place. Let me tell you why. Because you can not balance your drink if you tip it to one side. Meaning It should have started gender neutral in the beginning. That would have been a healthier way of tackling the issues of female rights and the inequality that happens between each gender. If you put a label on something to favor one side expect it to bite society right back in the b...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Mixed Women should not present the face of Black women. They are not the same

InkyBunny
jareness

I noticed as I'm walking through the library in the magazine aisle. A face representing Black Women. That face was Mulatto. I asked myself, why is it that this is the face that represents the majority of Black women in the united states when they look nothing like her. Why? It's not because they want to include all "black" women. It's judgement. Discrimination against the real deal. The real deal is if I'm telling someone she's black. They instantly imagine a kinky headed girl with brown skin. N...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The mentally handicapped people don't promote to society, so they should be eliminated.

fernandito_chiquito
SJM

I haven't participated in any debates recently, and the last 3 that I created, I was unable to attend to in the required time due to personal reasons. For this topic, please keep in mind that this is not against the physically handicapped, but mainly the severely mentally handicapped. I will save my reasoning for the next round, as this is just an agreement between me and the contender of this argument that he or she accepts my debate request. The rules to this debate are pretty simple: -No t...

Debating Period
18 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Is the United States of America Sexist?

Zombie_Vampire_Nina
brinzahar

Hello! First I would like to clarify that my position on sexism is that the US is NOT sexist as women and men are incredibly equal in this country. I also think we should focus on many feminist and political claims made by those who said the USA is sexist (rape culture, gender pay gap, dress codes, etc.) or you can bring a personal observation to the table. I would also like to lay out a quick suggestion, use citations. Thank you for your time, happy typing!...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Same sex marriage.

Stupidape
Repcon

Burden of proof will be upon Con, my opponent 51%. This is due to the nature of morals, actions are considered moral until proven otherwise. Just as a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.StructureRound one Acceptance and definitionsRound two arguments, don't respond to opponent's argument yet.Round three rebuttals respond directly to opponent's round two.Round four defense respond directly to opponent's...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

abortion

juleskouki
maddienewberg

Abortion should not be legal in any circumstance. several means of preventative tools have been manufactured. There are even steps that you can take after unplanned conception. The woman has a choice over her body, but to a certain degree. no more than 8 weeks after fertilization, the fetus starts to react to touch. no more than 20 weeks, the fetus develops nerves.the fetus responds to pain. the fetus is being killed because of what an inconvenience parenthood would be for the mother. statistics...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago