Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

women's day should be taken as an affirmative action plan not feminist sexist appraoch

Luvuyokazi

i believe women's rights must be viewed as an affirmative action strategy rather than a feminist sexist approach, firstly looking at the purpose, women's rights are meant to serve, the past imbalances between men and women, as well the fact that every human being is born with inherent dignity and equal. Hence women's rights serve to balance the imbalances caused in the past by certain laws in different countries and their work places....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

AAN: Marijuana should be legalized recreationally.

debatability
rings48

This debate is for the Adopt a Noob Tournament. My opponent is Rings48. My opponent and I would like to clarify before this debate begins: there will be no semantics. Good luck, Rings 48. I am looking forward to a great debate. Also, thanks in advance to the voters....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

There is a need for old age homes in this generation

prefdave
soumya_a_thomas

In this time and age, where money is the main aim for many people, parents who spend all their money and time to raise a child, are finally rejected by the very same child, and are dumped of at a pleasant looking 'Old Age Home' for the 'good' of their parents. Now for people looking at these homes from the outside, they look like heaven on earth, with anything you can ask for. But the parents who are sent there endure a feeling of pain that cannot be described- the pain of rejection. Why do we h...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

prefdave
Atheist-Independent

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Psychoactive drugs can be used to benefit society if in a controlled manner

HamHamHam

Round one for acceptance only Standard DDO expectations of conduct apply...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Australia doesn't exist.

Xziandonlitona
smellyunforunate

There's no proof that Australia exists. For all I know it's made up. It's just fake information being shown on the news with a bunch of rehearsed stuff about australian animals that may not even exist. Is this some sort of twisted hoax?...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Smacking Children

Nfernando
Zarroette

"When a big child hits a small child in the playground, we call him a bully; five years later he punches a woman for her handbag and is called a mugger; later still, when he slugs a workmate who insults him, he is called a troublemaker; but when he becomes a father and hits his tiresome, disobedient or disrespectful child, we call him a disciplinarian." I believe that this quote that I have taken from 'Children First', a novel by Dr Penelope Leach, showcases the inconsistency in the protection...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Can feminism be trusted?

Steffan

When it comes down to women being paid as much I do not see how they could possibly be paid as much when they do not contribute as much. What I am trying to say is that men more so than women go for the higher paying jobs. Thus are often times paid more. But within western societies from the age groups of 40-60 women who are single earn MORE than the men. Notice the word single? Yeah... When it comes to discrimination against the black man, female and white female I do not see how that cou...

Challenge Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should Sex Education Taught in Malaysian School As Early As 9 Years Old

missgraphic
superbowl9

Should Sex Education Taught in Malaysian School As Early As 9 Years Old ?? What you think?...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Should the USA use fear by torturing criminals as a way of preventing further crimes?

LiberalsAreStupid
KhalifV

If the United States were to torture criminals in such a fashion that other criminals wouldn't dare to commit another, thus preventing further crimes, do you think we should use this approach even though its not considered "humane". Using fear as a tool to make society better would make even a person who steals question if he should commit a crime or not for he would be tortured if he did....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago