Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Legalizing Gay marriage

J118

I would first like to say I do not hate Homosexuality, but neither do I approve of it. I respect their choices, but can never approve of the relationship. With that out of the way, I would say that gay marriage, although understandable, should not be legalize and can lead to a bad precedent on society. If we allow gay marriage what's to say that incest shouldn't be illegal, or pedophilia, or in extreme settings bestiality and necrophilia. To me gay marriage can be the first step on rewriting...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Minutes Ago

Recreational Hunting

Atheist-Independent

Round 1This debate will be centered around the question of whether or not recreational hunting is good, both morally and environmentally. I will take the Con side of this question and will attempt to prove that recreational hunting is both immoral and environmentally harmful. I have made this debate impossible to ac...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Is same sex marriage wrong? Who is it hurting?

This_One_Chick
DrZoidberg

So, I want to see how everyone else feels about same sex marriage. I'm fine with it. I mean who are we to decide if two human beings should or shouldn't be married? Who are we to judge? If god loves all his children why is he giving these people trouble? If god created everyone, why would he say homosexuality is wrong? Who does this hurt? Who are we to deny humans their basic rights to happiness?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Government is necessary in a society

suzyy97
cwtschettter

I believe that government exists because it is part of God's plan and will. (God being the God of Christianity). I believe it is necessary for any given society to function properly and that it pleases God when it follows the principles of the Bible....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Communism is better than capitalism

Tommy.leadbetter
Max.Wallace

Communism-(from Latin communis " common, universal)[1][2] is a socioeconomic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production and characterized by the absence of social classes, money,[3][4] and the state; as well as a social, political and economic ideology and movement that aims to establish this social order. I argue that this system is better for humanity than the capitalist system. By 'better' I mean: More sustainable Happier population Healthier population Bette...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

A just society ought to presume consent for organ procurement from the deceased.

debatability

This debate will be done in LD format. It is impossible to accept, please apply in the comments.R1: AcceptanceR2: Aff's constructive, Neg's Constructive + RebuttalR3: Aff's rebuttal, Neg's rebuttalR4: Aff's rebuttal + voting issues, Neg's brief rebuttal + voting issues I tried to keep this fair while preserving the usual standards of an LD round as much as possible, if you, as a reader, have any suggestions for format, I'd be happy to hear them...

Challenge Period
39 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should their be internet censorship?

Hanspete
hmaxim

I argue that their should not be internet censorship. I wish whoever debates me good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Having pride in one's homosexuality (Gay Pride) is unnecessary and usually counterproductive

Daltonian

I will be arguing the "Pro" stance from the perspective of an LGBT person myself and as an advocate and activist for gay rights. I will not be arguing from the perspective or from the predisposition that homosexuality is immoral; rather, I will argue from the mindset that it is acceptable and predetermined.

Challenge Period
16 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

That we should not target children in advertisements

hamo94
Realdeo

Hey guys! This will be a 4-round debate, where the 1st round is just detailed by the Con 'accepting' the debate. I will be debating the Pro side :) 2nd Round is where Aff states the case and the conclusion will be in the 4th round (a.k.a the third speaker of a 3v3 debate). Good luck, and have fun! EDIT: for clarification purposes it is a 1v1 debate!!...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

Homosexuality should be socially accepted.

MyWoodenHeart
hamo94

Homosexuality should be socially accepted in my opinion. I hope that this discussion will be friendly.Each debator will have 24 hours to present their case. The max limit of characters is 10,000....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago