Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gay Marriage

sque132
Arcanas

Gay Marriage: For or Against As an out gay man myself I find it saddening when people are against me and people in my position being able to marry like any other person. I invite you to to debate why you believe that I should not be able to marry the man I love. In short here are my views surrounding the debate: 1) I believe just because that your religion dictates that it is wrong, that shouldn't mean that you should be imposing those religious beliefs and therefore actions upon those wh...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Resolved: A Person in the Zygote stage of their life is a Natural Person.

Chuz-Life

This debate is should not be possible to accept. If you are interested in accepting this debate, please make yourself known in the comment section. Resolved: A person in the zygote stage of their life is a person. (aka, "personhood begins at conception")Let's be more clear. This debate is about the current LEGAL definition for "persons" and whether or not that definition can apply to a human being / person in the Zygote stage of their life.

Challenge Period
54 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

single lives a better life

suman7
galhotra

there is no doubt single lives a better enjoyable life than relationships ...relationship is lyk a married life without any responsility...consequences....and in some cases a burden..which in early stages of lyf is not so pleasent...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

The Sex Offender Registry is ineffective in combating child sexual abuse.

Independent2k14
Valigator

The first round is for acceptance only. I am taking the position that the registry is not effective in fighting child sexual abuse....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Is it cruel to keep animals in cages

atimatik
RXR

Animals should not be kept in cages because it is very cruel. They don"t have enough space to exercise, they don"t learn life skills, therefore there are bad consequences and they will be very unhappy....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Religion isn't true but serves a purpose.

TheMarquis
RoyalFlush100

This is not an argument on the validity of any religion. I am starting this on the premise that none of them are true so I am hoping to argue against an Atheist who just thinks we are better off without it as a whole. I feel that it is a good thing for people going through hard times or facing obstacles that seem greater than themselves....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

All victim-less crimes should be decriminalized.

Kozu
Allenn

Full Resolution: The United States ought to decriminalize all victim-less crimes. Freedom to ones own autonomy is possibly the most commonly regarded right one ought to have.Any kind of law that infringes on ones autonomy must be justified. Examples. Laws against murder are justified because murder infringes on another's autonomy. Laws against marijuana are not justified because using marijuana does not infringe on another's autonomy. ==Definitions== Infringe: An act so as to limit...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Minutes Ago

Gay Marriage

Varrack
Genghis_Khan

HI GUYS! I think gay marriage should be illegal, because that's not what marriage is! Clearly it is between 1 man and 1 woman. That's how it's been for thousands of years. We ought to keep it illegal for the good of society! How could anyone disagree? Do people use logic nowadays or what? Sorry folks, but marriage is and always has been between straight couples. It's funny how people want to change it as if you could change a definition! LOL! xD...

Debating Period
24 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Judgement In America

devilcheeks29
RXR

In America many people are judged. Whether its their, ethincity, clothes, or "name". Some examples would be, on a recent subject Mike Brown was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri being an african-american many other caucasians and african-american's thought it was because of his race. On another standpoint of judgement for the clothes idea. A man walks into a grocery store he's wearing some khakis a polo shirt and some nice shoes the store manager see's him and thinks the...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Euthanasia YES

highway2hell
Mannahfromheaven

People have a choice to to decide when to die. It's my body so I can decide what to do with it. I should not be prevented from killing myself when I am suffering. I would rather die gracefully than to wither away in front of my loved ones....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago