Society Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

I am gayer than you

sadolite
9spaceking

Gay: suggests gladness, happiness, rejoicing. I am married to a beautiful,caring and loving wife. I have two well mannered children who require little supervision and get good grades in school. Our combined family income allows our family to want for nothing but not get everything we wish for. I have a good job that I like to go to and do what I love to do. I have many hobbies that I have both the time and money to partake in and even make a profit sometimes. I don't have a lot of frie...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 56 Minutes Ago

Our society is a celebrity -driven society rather than a common sense driven society

mitch7895
SkepticalDebatee

Today we live in a society based on the Academy Awards and the Oscars. This year more people tuned into watching the Oscars than the Presidential State of the Union Address. We have become submerged into a life dictated by celebrities....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 53 Minutes Ago

End mandatory minimum PRISON sentences

Karelyn.Tatis
oka

I'm following Prof instructions. The challenge you invited me to was on the wrong topic, and he said people on the left of the chart go first as Pros! _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ P1: Mandatory minimum sentences have not eliminated sentencing disparities because they have not eliminated sentencing discretion; they have merely shifted that discretion from judges to prosecutors. Judges may have...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Should beaches have rules?

cpr_3016
64bithuman

beaches should have rules... Why? Well.. because I know there are some beaches are so crazy its impossible to show up without getting injured. And on quieter beaches, it takes couple of high school guys with a football to ruin everyone good time. Rules give lifeguard more power to make beaches fun for everyone. Without rules, the loudest and most obnoxious people would always DOMINATE the beach...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

There Should Be a Zoo for Mental Patients

masterdrave
EltyoStyles

Look, I know they're enjoyable to watch, even a form of art if you please, but having a zoo for them would simply encourage too many people that mental patients are a normal thing in our society, and that they shouldn't be wiped. We need to hide the mental patients, lock them up, give them a bit of the old ultra-violence, teach them what's what. We can't have them parading around in a zoo for all to see....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

All parents should be required to attend parenting classes before having a child.

madison16
Mhykiel

1. argument claim2. contention 3. conclusion/ rebuttal I believe all parents should be required to participate in parenting courses before they produce young because it helps to give the child a better life, and a simpler one for the parents. ...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

The Earth is a mess and needs volunteers

Olivia-Mills
BradK

Bismiallah ar rahman ar rahim The Earth is in a mess and needs volunteers. Meaning, if going green is really taken seriously, we need to volunteer ourselves to cut down on our consumption and materialism, meaning, cutting down on rushing to get the latest gadgets, the biggest screens and getting items we dont need. further meaning, taking up gardening and or farming as our new past time....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Smoking Should be Banned

9spaceking
OliveJuice

I believe the act of smoking should be banned. Round one is for acceptance only. I define smoking as the "inhale and exhale the smoke of tobacco or a drug." ...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Atheism, Theism and Society

Tyler5362
9lsyh2rDaeXXYpeGCOlb

First round is for acceptance and to introduce your argument. This debate will be about why atheism will lead to more advanced society and why theism is holding the human race back. I shall begin mine. 1) Let's first talk about what atheism is. Atheism is not a religion first of all, atheism is the disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. To which I will explain as to how the disbelief of God or gods will advance our species. If we learn to not to have a religion bu...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

To live in or to leave Pakistan

Abdullah36
9spaceking

I say we should live in Pakistan not only because it is our homeland but what if our new generation could make things better...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago