DPalm
Elijahhill97

special rights vs individual rights

DPalm

Con

Why is California allowing transgender Children to choose which ever bathroom they want,a boy or girl can chose to be other just because they FEEL like using others restroom for a day?This goes against my child's individual rights to not have other sex in rest room when using it.what do others think about this,and why?This tells me my or my child's individual rights are not as important.
Elijahhill97

Pro

California is not the only state to allow this. You seem to be a little confused about transgender people they don't choose from day to day what gender identity they have. It was given to them at birth they same as my attraction to females and my identity as a male. How is it right that a boy who 100% feels and believes he should be a female doesn't get those rights? If they denied him or her the right to a certain bathroom then they would be denying him/her their individual right. That boy/girl has the same rights as your child and if you took that away you would be violating that childs rights just as you feel your child's rights are not being concerned .

Having a different gender identity is no more of a choice than being gay, but they do have the choice to continue their ways with their true feelings or hide and hold it all inside which can cause many emotional issues.

I would like to take this time to thank my opponent for offering me this debate and to anyone viewing this debate. thank you.
DPalm

Con

DPalm forfeited this round.
Elijahhill97

Pro

I will hold any information till my opponent returns. Thank you.
DPalm

Con

DPalm forfeited this round.
Elijahhill97

Pro

Sorry to anyone who thought this was going to be a good debate.