star wars vs star trek

im doing this debate because i like star wars and i'd love to see someone prove that star trek is better then starwars

This is entirely off-topic for my genre but we all need a fun debate once in a while. I accept the challenge and will provide sufficient evidence to prove the supremacy of Star Trek over Star Wars.

The reason I think star wars is better is because the Star Wars saga still live within the thousands of star war fans And all the movies together made about 4,211 million dollars world wide if more.
Star war is like Space in the the western age mixed with the dark days but star trek is the future but just has blasters no epic battles with the Force and light sabers

The supremacy of Star Trek, measured by its cultural, social
and scientific impact on Human society:

Tricorders – University of Arizona research
scientist Peter Jensen invented a fully functioning tricorder. The portable
sensor unit measures “temperature,
humidity, air pressure, magnetic fields, surface temperatures, colors,
ambient light level, ambient polarization, acceleration, direction, distance
(ultrasonically), and of course it has a GPS receiver
.” [1] The unit can
even test power outlets by placing the device in front of it. An inductor
circuit measures the fluctuating sine wave of traditional 60Hz outlets and
displays the waveform on a built-in oscilloscope. This is, of course, keeping
with the Star Trek tradition of wireless sensor technology.
Phaser – The development of lasers or “photon
collimator devices ”is nothing new. Burning lasers have a variety
of functions in a variety of devices. A weaponized version, however, has only
been researched at the military level ( MDEAS - Multimode
Directed Energy Armament System
[3]). That doesn’t stop Star Trek enthusiasts
from making their own. (See the YouTube video of home-made phasor, as it blasts
through a balloon on the other side of the room).

Force Fields –
British military intelligence is developing a Star
Trek style force field, which will use electromagnetic pulses to repulse
projectile explosives, like rockets and missiles. The Defense ministry claims “it is possible to incorporate material known
as supercapacitors into armour of a vehicle to turn it into a kind of giant

When a threat from incoming fire is detected by the vehicle, the energy
stored in the supercapacitor can be rapidly dumped onto the metal plating on
the outside of the vehicle, producing a strong electromagnetic field.” [4]

Conclusion - Star Trek -3, Star Wars -0.

Social / Political:

Racial/Gender/Political Harmony - Star Trek changed the social climate in America,
advocating utopian principles like racial equality, bi-racial marriages and gender
equality. Star Wars did not feature a single female Jedi and the only Black
Jedi from the original films (James Earl Jones) was forced to be portrayed as a
white man, something that has offended many, many black patrons of the series. After
all, we can’t have a bi-racial Luke Skywalker, now can we? In fact, Samuel L. Jackson
is the only black Jedi portraying his actual race in the entire saga and it
took more than 50 years to make that happen.

Star Trek was half a century ahead of its competition:
“Roddenberry envisioned a multi-ethnic crew, including an African-American
woman, a Scotsman, a Japanese American, and most notably, an alien, the
half-Vulcan Mr. Spock. In the second season Roddenberry added a Russian
crewmember at a time when the United States was engaged in a tense cold
war with the Soviet Union. Blacks and women were also shown as scientists
and doctors on the ship.”

Conclusion - Star Trek – 4, Star Wars-0.

Over to you Pro. [1] [2] [3] [4]

ok so star trek has made real stuff but star war did a grand Job making star war look real

Light saber- [1] The technique used to create the lightsaber effect is pretty straightforward, but tedious. On the set, the actors use props composed of handles that have aluminum rods attached to them, and these rods are the length of the lightsaber "blade." The handles are plastic models and the aluminum rods are painted red or green or blue. The actors use these props as though they were lightsabers.After the film is shot, it is taken to the special effects department. The film is developed normally. In this film, the actors look like they are fighting with painted broomsticks instead of lightsabers. A special effects artist now has the job of making those broomsticks look real. The artist looks at the film frame by frame, and projects each frame that contains a lightsaber onto a clear piece of plastic (an animation cel). The special effects artist draws the outline of each lightsaber blade in the frame onto the cel. Then, for each frame, the artist paints in the correct color for the blade using a bright cartoon color. Eventually the artist has a stack of these cels, one for each frame of the movie containing a lightsaber. The cels are clear everywhere except where the lightsaber blade is seen in each frame.
The force Fields work the same as star trek

The star wars saga has lots of people not just White men just you do not see them because of their costumes and most of the woman were governors or slaves to other Aliens

Star war was made in many places like where Luke live in the movie a new hope that was in a real place and se of the other movie were made there too.

Back to you con.

Star wars did have some very unique special effects for it's time and with a budget of 3,900,00 USD they certainly did the best they could.[1] Unfortunately, they should have left some money for an editor. (See YouTube video #1) and (YouTube video #2 - Time stamp 1:41 through 5:10).

Star Trek followed suit with a powerful motion picture, with a massive overall budget of 46 million USD. The team hired Douglas Trumbull, the genius behind "The Space Odyssey". This special effects magician engineered the most convincing space scenes of the era. [2] You can watch the making of of the motion picture on YouTube video #3.

While the battle of "which is more entertaining" is largely left to opinion, the question of "which is better" is undoubtedly in the hands of the creators. This battle, without any doubt, is a clear victory for team Star Trek.

They yielded better alien costumes, more advanced space scenes, higher quality alien landscapes, detailed alien languages, huge special effects budgets and techniques that shaped the industry. Star Wars, by comparison, was "made for TV" quality.

Over to you Pro. [1] [2]

Maybe the costumes are better but that's out of Opinion and so is the landscapes and most of the other graphics. And the con is right that star war didn't have a lot of money to make the movie but they did the best job so generation can enjoy star war.

I'd like to thank the con for this debate this was my 1 debate and I just hope the con enjoy this debate

I did enjoy the debate very much. It's refreshing to discuss something a little off-topic once in a while. I'd also like to welcome you to DDO and congratulate you on your first debate.

I would ask the voters to please not vote for my victory, if that is their initial intention. I would push for a tie. This debate should have been in a forum but my opponent wanted to get some experience.

To my opponent:
1.> Use heavy sources. Nothing helps a case like a credible, expert witness. This is a scored category and it can often be a free
point if your opponent isn't savy at source citation.

2.> Use your spell-check. The quickest way to disarm a lazy voter is to make sure your spelling and grammar are on point.

"One to beam up."

Posted by ObiWan 4 years ago
Star Wars is so much better than Star Trek and I'll never admit otherwise, but Con has made a much better case for his side of the argument than con did.
Posted by Websterremembered 4 years ago
I have to say, star trek has so much more to offer. Quantity wise, and some would argue quality as well.
Posted by Microsuck 4 years ago
That would be my RFD had GC not have requested a. tie.
Posted by Microsuck 4 years ago

I'm not a fan of this type of genre so I'm voting based on who I feel has made the better case. I feel con did because pro conceded some of his points (i.e., better costumes, leave room for editor etc). Overall, I feel pro's case lacked a lot of sources and lacked some important detail.
Posted by Team_Crazy 4 years ago
No offense star trek lovers but star wars is definitely better
Posted by Bubba1017 4 years ago
Where it says se I ment some
Vote Placed by sjps 3 years ago
Vote Placed by Neonix 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Your syntax and grammatical distincitveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile." Scored as a tie initially because GC requested it, but I just got done watching the entire Voyager saga. Sorry Bubba. I'm gonna have to stomp this tie.
Vote Placed by Microsuck 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses spelling for the poor spelling he shown. Con wins the source point because he sourced heavily. Finally, see comments for arguments.